Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

View Poll Results: Who do you support for POTUS?
Ted Cruz 37 46.25%
Marco Rubio 11 13.75%
Donald Trump 23 28.75%
Another Republican 7 8.75%
A Democrat 2 2.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2016, 10:08   #1
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Post-Iowa POTUS Poll

Let's update.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:11   #2
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
Let's update.
With only 2 democrats truly in the running, was it too tough to put them on the poll?
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:14   #3
glebo
Quiet Professional

I'm in the Cruz camp. I do like things that Trump says also, just don't particularly like him to much...The "New York" thing??? I dunno...
Old 02-02-2016, 10:16   #4
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

I have to lean toward Cruz as the least unacceptable candidate.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:22   #5
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I will vote for whomever the Republicans nominate.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:41   #6
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
DITTO

I'm guessing The Donald, but would not cry if it was Cruz.

The MSM is as it's nature, being very polar. They bait up the sheeple with the negative.

My head also spins with all the innocuous, but useless shiite.

Trump's daughter has 6 toes
Cruz's wife use green Kleenex

They are starving for any thing to print/post..

As an aside, maybe the fcc should limit any one news "outlet" to 4 hours total daily. Maybe they would get back to reporting real news. These babbling heads that talk 24/7 do not work for me..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:54   #7
Sdiver
Area Commander

Still haven't thrown my hat into anyone's ring.

I like some of the things Cruz says.
I like a LOT of the things Trump says.

But when it comes to Trump, there's one nagging question I ask .... What is his agenda / What does he want?

ALL politicians want something and it's NOT the "bullet point" statements they all spew out (It's for our children. America is the greatest country in the world. I'll lower taxes. I'll make more jobs. Etc.) They're in it for themselves and themselves only.

Is Trump really a patriot and care about this country? He's certainly not a career politician. He's a businessman plain and simple. Maybe that's what we need, is someone who has hired and fired people. Someone who has filed bankruptcy several times on failed ventures. Someone who could give two shits what world leaders think of him, as long as the country fixes the mess we're currently in.

Now it may sound like I'm a Trump fan, but still ... What does he want?
THAT keeps me from throwing my support at him.

As far as Cruz goes, I wish he would grow a BIGGER pair of huevos and get tougher, especially against HilLIARy and the DC establishment.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:31   #8
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

I like Trump because he is not a politician and is not PC and doesn't care. He is a business man and that is exactly what is needed to run the executive branch IMO. We need someone that can and will upend the apple cart. Donald's just that guy IMO.

Cruz would be an ok choice for me but he is a politician after all! Becoming a politician should not be a career choice. I am very skeptical of someone that does.

Rubio is a total non-starter for me. Yeah he speaks eloquently, is optimistic, aspriational and inspirational. Oh wait, we had a one-term senator become POTUS just like that!
Old 02-02-2016, 11:35   #9
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
With only 2 democrats truly in the running, was it too tough to put them on the poll?
Doc, I'm thinking that neither of these two will be the Dem nominee. I still say it's gonna be a Biden/Warren ticket when all is said and done.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:38   #10
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
I couldn't force myself to type those names either.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:42   #11
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
I couldn't force myself to type those names either.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:46   #12
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
I like Trump because he is not a politician and is not PC and doesn't care. He is a business man and that is exactly what is needed to run the executive branch IMO. We need someone that can and will upend the apple cart. Donald's just that guy IMO.
We need someone that says whatever he thinks and does whatever he feels like.

Somebody like this: link.

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:49   #13
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
We need someone that says whatever he thinks and does whatever he feels like.

Somebody like this: link.
Well there is that too????
Old 02-02-2016, 12:35   #14
(1VB)compforce
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Rubio is a total non-starter for me. Yeah he speaks eloquently, is optimistic, aspriational and inspirational. Oh wait, we had a one-term senator become POTUS just like that!
Ummm... Cruz is a First Term Senator as well (2013 - Present)... And 5 years as Solicitor General (Texas) before that.

He actually has less political experience than Obama had when he (Obama) was elected to the Presidency. (3 years in Senate, 9 years as IL State Senator 1996-2004)

Cruz also has less political experience than Rubio (5 Years in Senate 2011-Present, FL House 5 years) who Obama also had more experience than.

So of the three, Obama, Cruz, Rubio... Cruz has the least direct experience followed by Rubio then Obama with the most (measured at the time of the 2008 election). I'm not saying Cruz is a bad guy, in fact he's my second choice behind Trump. I'm just pointing out facts that seem to be forgotten by the media.

And yes, Trump has zero political experience. For me that's a bigger plus than someone that just got their feet wet long enough to want more or who may have joined the Senate solely as a stepping stone to the Presidency. Trump doesn't need the Presidency. Either he really wants it to fix problems OR he wants it out of ego. If it's ego, the House and Senate should be able to stop it just like they are stopping Obama.

Last edited by (1VB)compforce; 02-02-2016 at 16:57. Reason: Correction to title
(1VB)compforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 14:36   #15
CAARNG 68W
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
I have to lean toward Cruz as the least unacceptable candidate.
What happened last night will not repeat itself with the other States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
Wilco

Quote:

Cruz would be an ok choice for me but he is a politician after all! Becoming a politician should not be a career choice. I am very skeptical of someone that does.

Trumps deliberate absence from the debate last week was a subtle support move to Rubio. It allowed Cruz to talk, but his Conservatism will not be appreciated outside of Midwestern or Evangelical Caucuses.

Trump-Rubio
CAARNG 68W is offline   Reply With Quote