Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 01-12-2008, 13:07   #46
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Mel!!!

Good to hear from'ya!! Am looking forward to seeing'ya in a few weeks!!!

Take care
Martin
Old 01-23-2010, 08:55   #47
peepee1
BANNED USER

Insoles

I stumbled across something lately. The Army will pay for one pair of custom insoles per year. Here is how you get them.
Go to the clinic and tell the PA you want insoles. He will then set up an appointment for you with the Brace Shop on base. When you arrive at the Brace Shop, they will try and give you some POS foam insoles. Tell them you don't want them and need custom insoles. They will then have the Doctor in the Brace Shop sign a form(this takes several days) and when that is done they will have you come back in and pick that form up and direct you to an office a few doors down to schedule your appointment. When that is done, you will go off base to a private business... they will have you step in some stuff which feels like Georgia red clay... and within one week you'll have them. They will allow you to replace them yearly on your own through the office your appointment was set up through. They cost around $400 and they are great. It's a pain in the ass but just thought I would share this.
peepee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 14:17   #48
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepee1 View Post
I stumbled across something lately. The Army will pay for one pair of custom insoles per year. Here is how you get them.
Go to the clinic and tell the PA you want insoles. He will then set up an appointment for you with the Brace Shop on base. When you arrive at the Brace Shop, they will try and give you some POS foam insoles. Tell them you don't want them and need custom insoles. They will then have the Doctor in the Brace Shop sign a form(this takes several days) and when that is done they will have you come back in and pick that form up and direct you to an office a few doors down to schedule your appointment. When that is done, you will go off base to a private business... they will have you step in some stuff which feels like Georgia red clay... and within one week you'll have them. They will allow you to replace them yearly on your own through the office your appointment was set up through. They cost around $400 and they are great. It's a pain in the ass but just thought I would share this.
This is true, but just have your Team Medic set up an appt with BN PA or DOC and they will set up an Appt with the post Ortho foot clinic. Once there they will take care of you. Here on Bragg They set me off post and had a local clinic do up two Sport insoles. It has helped out with my fasciitis.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote