Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-15-2020, 09:37   #1321
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Take away, its a bitch.

It was most definitely a bitch. I started experiencing symptoms on 6 July. The first few days were rather mild, then the bottom fell out. I experienced most of the same symptoms as Penn, except for the G.I. issues. I did have significant respiratory problems. I had to make three trips to the ER for difficulty breathing. My wife is an RN and had me using a nebulizer machine with albuterol, and some steroid I can't recall of the top of my head. I made three trips to the ER for difficulty breathing. I was given oxygen and IV Decadron which helped greatly. I also took Decadron tablets for ten days after my last ER visit. I did not test negative until 25 August . I continue to have a dry cough that I did not have prior .

Six of my immediate family members also contracted the virus at the same time. Our ages range from 55 (me) down to six months. My grandbaby had a fever, was irritable for two days, and then recovered. Four of my kids, each in their 20s, experienced fever, extreme fatigue, and G.I. issues; but no respiratory issues. All were symptom free within a week. My wife tested(nasal swabs) positive three times and never had the first symptom. We had another son, his girlfriend, and a boyfriend of one of our sick daughters, all in their 20's, help as care givers. None of them contracted the virus. Crazy illness.
Old 10-15-2020, 17:13   #1322
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Very Timid about what to eat.
Memory seems to be effected, temp/hope?
Maybe BRAT? Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. No COVID or any flu here but in the past this has worked for me. I have the toast dry. For some reason baked potatoes work for me as well.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Last edited by Gypsy; 10-15-2020 at 17:22.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 19:04   #1323
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1987 View Post
It was most definitely a bitch.
Holy Shiites, what a roller coaster. Thanks for sharing.

Wife has pre-history respiratory problems and does a regular duo-neb (Albuterol nebulizer in the AM). Those typically take a bit for one to see the effect, often "kickstarted" by patient taking another Rx afterward, as you mentioned the steroidal. In her case, she does her neb, followed by a specific inhaler. Now it's Spiriva that follows the nebulizer. Not an unusual regimen with someone on a nebulizer it seems.

Thing is, as a caregiver I have to be just as careful and not bring something home. But bottom line is that we haven't really taken precautions we wouldn't take if there was a serious flu season going on, including times where the little 2-legged Petri dishes have just had to stay away. Everyone still should be doing their own risk-assessment.
Disclaimer: I not Bac-si and don't play one for Life magazine but I do manage emotional distress when grandma needs a "kid fix."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:50   #1324
EricV
Guerrilla

Quote:
No, no appetite, I've lost 25/30 pounds. (needed)
Today, had Bacon and over easy eggs.
1. it stayed down
2. evaced the system 1 hr later.
My meds for HBP have not been affected.
Very Timid about what to eat.
Memory seems to be effected, temp/hope?

Say Penn,
Were you doing anything as a Prophylactic before infection by any chance?? Vitamin D, HCQ, zinc??
Old 10-21-2020, 07:58   #1325
Penn
Area Commander

EricV
Quote:
Were you doing anything as a Prophylactic before infection by any chance?? Vitamin D, HCQ, zinc??
No, but one thought on the breathing and respiratory system. I took a Clartin D allergy pill every day for months prior and during the event. My lungs never clogged and my breathing what not in anyway difficult. Certainly not a remedy, but was beneficial. imo
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:55   #1326
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
EricV

No, but one thought on the breathing and respiratory system. I took a Clartin D allergy pill every day for months prior and during the event. My lungs never clogged and my breathing what not in anyway difficult. Certainly not a remedy, but was beneficial. imo
That's a very interesting data point. I've pondered (but no deep-diving) as to whether some folks, even those older with factors that are de facto thought of as putting them at higher risk, have dodged a bullet because of one or another seemingly routine things they do RE their personal health. Example: As in your case, certainly lack of respiratory drama (for whatever reason) has to be a good thing, especially when your just trying to keep down bacon & eggs. As well, does someone who simply eats right or takes a multivitamin daily put a tick mark in their favor because of higher than the average-Joe Zinc intake?

The high church of medicine & public health still wants to inundate with shock-numbers, yet the dearth of specifics as to what's been found is almost criminal. If Big Org.Gov in cahoots with Big Pharma.Com can run belated studies that state with certainty that HCQ is no-good (and Remdesivir® mmm mmm good), they have the time to do the other kind of research as well.

Pardon slipping into George Carlin mode there...

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 10-22-2020, 08:49   #1327
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

This is not “science” or a “scientific study” this is what you get when “scientists” are still clueless about the transmission and virility of this virus.

Why not just come out and say it. It only takes one brief contact with an infected person or object or exposure to contaminated air (with any mask less than an N95 or bio-hazmat positive air system hood) to contract the virus and become infected too.

Science my ass!

Copied from-
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:06 AM PT – Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Center for Disease Control has redefined what counts as “close contact” with a COVID-19 patient. The CDC released the updated guidelines on Wednesday, noting people should quarantine if they have multiple close encounters with an infected person amounting to 15 minutes in one day.

The update came after a Vermont prison employee caught COVID-19 from inmates after having a number of brief encounters with them, which amounted to 17 minutes.

CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield said the change falls in line with new scientific data.

“There is some recent data that has been determined that individuals who had a series of shorter contacts, but over time added up to more than 15 minutes, became infected,” he explained. “And clarifying that new science, that new data into our contact recommendations, is what you’re alluding to.”

Officials went on to stress the importance of social distancing and wearing masks whenever possible

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:35   #1328
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
This is not “science” or a “scientific study” this is what you get when “scientists” are still clueless about the transmission and virility of this virus.

Why not just come out and say it. It only takes one brief contact with an infected person or object or exposure to contaminated air (with any mask less than an N95 or bio-hazmat positive air system hood) to contract the virus and become infected too.

Science my ass!

Copied from-
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:06 AM PT – Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Center for Disease Control has redefined what counts as “close contact” with a COVID-19 patient. The CDC released the updated guidelines on Wednesday, noting people should quarantine if they have multiple close encounters with an infected person amounting to 15 minutes in one day.

The update came after a Vermont prison employee caught COVID-19 from inmates after having a number of brief encounters with them, which amounted to 17 minutes.

CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield said the change falls in line with new scientific data.

“There is some recent data that has been determined that individuals who had a series of shorter contacts, but over time added up to more than 15 minutes, became infected,” he explained. “And clarifying that new science, that new data into our contact recommendations, is what you’re alluding to.”

Officials went on to stress the importance of social distancing and wearing masks whenever possible
The CDC has changed their minds so many times I don't even believe what they say anymore. It's more of a political organization than anything to do with the health of American citizens.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:46   #1329
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
The CDC has changed their minds so many times I don't even believe what they say anymore. It's more of a political organization than anything to do with the health of American citizens.
And x1000 for the World Health Organization.

The political types have infected every nook and cranny of society.

Political Kommissars seem to be embedded everywhere today - the pollution is palpable.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:48   #1330
Fonzy
Guerrilla

Four Models of the Post Covid World:

https://madsciblog.tradoc.army.mil/2...st-covid-world
Fonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:15   #1331
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzy View Post
Four Models of the Post Covid World:

https://madsciblog.tradoc.army.mil/2...st-covid-world
It’s an interesting perspective. It would seem from their analysis that this election is paramount to the varying degrees of their success or failure models.

Of course we could just capitulate to China and give them control over our military and domestic security...like Canada seems to be doing.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 10-22-2020, 11:50   #1332
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
The CDC released the updated guidelines on Wednesday, noting people should quarantine if they have multiple close encounters with an infected person amounting to 15 minutes in one day.
Well, shiver me timbers! COOL! Did they say which particular minute that is? I mean, maybe I should be having people take numbers like in the old butcher shop days and then discriminate against non-good numbers. Or is it that these people have some secret mark on their forehead that says "I'm a carrier" ?

Hot diggity dog I just knew someone in Government would get the real dope on this stuff.

Top. Men.

Old 11-02-2020, 20:11   #1333
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

This should tell you everything!

CDC says you can go vote in person at polling locations...even if you are sick or in quarantine.

https://apple.news/ANsEVC1_kTem-U0Iq9OyMHA

This scare techniques from the CDC is a complete farce.

Old 11-02-2020, 21:25   #1334
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
CDC says you can go vote in person at polling locations...even if you are sick or in quarantine.

https://apple.news/ANsEVC1_kTem-U0Iq9OyMHA

This scare techniques from the CDC is a complete farce.
Juxtapose the above with the holiday gathering guidelines below, published by the SAME AGENCY:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019.../holidays.html

Seems like the 'danger' lies in the purpose of the activity, not the characteristics of the activity or those attending.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:19   #1335
Florida Patriot
Asset

The Great Reset

Covid has been a great trial to see how much disruption people would tolerate of their social and societal norms.
As it turns out, quite a lot.
Banning of religious services, rationing of provisions, limits on travel, daily health screenings, banning of social gatherings, censorship
of alternative medical data, censorship of social communications, etc.
The pushback against any of this has been pretty minimal, both here and globally. I'd say it's been a massive success for the Globalist's actually.
Who benefits? The globalist neoliberal establishment. Everyone else gets scraps.
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

-- Samuel Adams --
Florida Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote