Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 01-02-2007, 16:10   #16
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Sorry, I had to cut and paste it to fit and I must have dropped that part. Good catch! ....

HTH.

TR
Boss, it screwed up my reading comprehension, the info that was dropped is golden! Thank you.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 17:06   #17
vsvo
Area Commander

Thank you, Sir. Great post!
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 17:33   #18
Kraut783
Auxiliary

Location: Dallas Texas Metro Area / Back from the sandbox for now...
Good post....I am currently trying to get my unit to purchase the eotech's instead of aimpoints and almost have them convinced. Future OIF deployment on the horizon.

You covered so much, I appreciate the time you took to do this. Great info, thank you.
Kraut783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 21:01   #19
HOLLiS
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsvo
Thank you, Sir. Great post!

I have been thinking of how to respond to this post. The above quote about says it for me. One reason I find this forum of very much worth reading, is the "Real" knowledge that is expressed here.

TR, again, Thank you.

Hollis
HOLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:10   #20
eva05

Great Post!

Very informative! Thanks!

j
Old 01-03-2007, 10:27   #21
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraut783
Good post....I am currently trying to get my unit to purchase the eotech's instead of aimpoints and almost have them convinced. Future OIF deployment on the horizon.
You did see the caveat mentioned with the eotech's? I think its hard to use them past 100m. I prefer the aimpoint 2MOA for close in and out to a few hundred meters.

I like aimpoints battery life, I do not like eotech's. The adjusting knobs on the aimpoint are also a plus when going in and out of sunlight.

As TR said, its an opinion.

TS
Old 01-03-2007, 15:41   #22
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
You did see the caveat mentioned with the eotech's? I think its hard to use them past 100m. I prefer the aimpoint 2MOA for close in and out to a few hundred meters.

I like aimpoints battery life, I do not like eotech's.
Aha, now I know why you sold your EOtech to me! LMAO
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 16:07   #23
Monsoon65
Guerrilla Chief

Outstanding post I intend to keep!! A bunch of great info for first time shooters that just purchased a rifle/carbine, or planning to.
With no vain sighs for moments gone
Monsoon65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 16:17   #24
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer
Aha, now I know why you sold your EOtech to me! LMAO
As TR stated its great for close in work and if you have "unlimited" access to batteries you'll be fine.

I posted that based on the fact soldiers do not always have unlimted access to batteries and engagement distances can vary greatly.

Tell you what, when you go to OIF I'll give you all my optics, weapons and equipment to use.

TS
Old 01-03-2007, 18:11   #25
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
Tell you what, when you go to OIF I'll give you all my optics, weapons and equipment to use.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 19:47   #26
Kraut783
Auxiliary

Team Sergeant,

I did see the information about eotech's downside. 100m and in is what we are looking at and we will have a good supply of batteries. Main use will be for protective services.

You bring up a good point that I didn't think about, the adjust knobs for the aimpoint are a lot quicker and easier to manipulate than the eotech. I will have to bring that up. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:05   #27
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Kraut,
Have you T&Ed them both yourself?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:03   #28
Kraut783
Auxiliary

NousDefionsDoc,

I have been using the eotech on SWAT for a couple of years now. I like em and personally find them quick in CQB situations. I have not played with the aimpoint very much, but when I did the field of view seemed smaller than the eotech overall....tube versus tubeless, I guess.

I plan on taking my eotech and borrowing an aimpoint to take to my unit so everyone can get some hands on with them, including me.

My unit has no optics at this time and have been given the go ahead to purchase some. So we will be taking the matter seriously and doing some good T&E on both.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:11   #29
dr. mabuse
Guerrilla Chief

Outstanding TR. When you want to know, ask someone who knows...
dr. mabuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 13:47   #30
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraut783
NousDefionsDoc,

I have been using the eotech on SWAT for a couple of years now. I like em and personally find them quick in CQB situations. I have not played with the aimpoint very much, but when I did the field of view seemed smaller than the eotech overall....tube versus tubeless, I guess.

I plan on taking my eotech and borrowing an aimpoint to take to my unit so everyone can get some hands on with them, including me.

My unit has no optics at this time and have been given the go ahead to purchase some. So we will be taking the matter seriously and doing some good T&E on both.
Yeah, that was what I was going to suggest. I wouldn't make a recommendation without having played with them. Don't forget when you are playing to use them for intended purpose and for what you need them for.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote