Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 12-16-2017, 02:32   #16
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

It was just a negligent discharge that you still haven't learned to live with.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:39   #17
Dean Jarvis
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
That is why he is called the "Waco Kid."
"Well, on the bright side you were so quick nobody saw you draw, fire and reholster. So your practice paid off....probably still legendary!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by It was just a negligent discharge that you still haven't learned to live with.
."

I see how this all works now...I challenge the 18B's and all the knowledgeable weapons people on this forum to diagnose my weapons malfunction and my manhood is under assault with clear evidence that y'all suggesting this thread be moved to the Comedy Zone as I feared.

Last edited by Dean Jarvis; 12-16-2017 at 10:58.
Dean Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:40   #18
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Jarvis View Post
The 1911 was not issued to me. I had scrounged it and there had been no maintenance done on it. I'm sure it had been kicking around VN for many moons.
All bets are off then...... if the indig had their hands on it no telling what mods might have been done to it. Having worked with quite a few foreign nationals in various countries the one thing most have a knack for is screwing with their weapons to the point of malfunction.
Old 12-16-2017, 14:28   #19
RCummings
Guerrilla

With respect, I don't think this could be moved to the Comedy Zone without a photo of your face when it happened or the luckless gentlemans face when he found himself on the ground afterward. Did you continue to use your "quick draw rig"?

V/R

Bob
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 17:43   #20
Dean Jarvis
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCummings View Post
With respect, I don't think this could be moved to the Comedy Zone without a photo of your face when it happened or the luckless gentlemans face when he found himself on the ground afterward. Did you continue to use your "quick draw rig"?
V/R
Bob
In my mind's eye, I'm thinking it was pretty funny seeing me jumping around on one foot. The poor bode was thinking WTF just happened. After they took my .45 away I came up with a .38 figuring it would be handy in a bar fight.
Old 12-16-2017, 18:39   #21
RCummings
Guerrilla

Last edited by RCummings; 05-05-2018 at 08:51.
Old 12-16-2017, 23:22   #22
PSM
Area Commander

I'm interested in the holster. How did the bullet hit a big toe and which one was it? Was it an appendix carry? I was near a guy that had a .45 ND on Okinawa from an issue holster and it hit about an inch from the middle of the outside of his right foot.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:58   #23
Dean Jarvis
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
I'm interested in the holster. How did the bullet hit a big toe and which one was it? Was it an appendix carry? I was near a guy that had a .45 ND on Okinawa from an issue holster and it hit about an inch from the middle of the outside of his right foot.

It's has nothing to do with the holster. I stand with one foot cocked out. As in this picture I have my left foot out. The bullet shot off the button on my fatigue pocked, made a crease in the fatigue pants to about my knee, then went through my boot nicking my big toe at the joint to my foot. I was very lucky.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Send off.jpg (24.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 12-17-2017, 12:34   #24
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
it hit about an inch from the middle of the outside of his right foot.
Ha!

I used to wear that lightweight rocky c4 trainer for rucking and rope climbing/rappelling at Tucker during selection prep. Well as yall know that lightweight foamy material got burnt pretty fast by rope, leaving a nice almost circular gash to my right foot outer sole.

When I had to wear that c4 to the national match, teammates and random folks gave me crap and wouldn't stop asking me to tell my ND story with .45

As TS said, the indig do all kind of mods without armorer supervision. The sparrow boys disabled their 1911 grip safety so it can fire w less than optimum grip. An indo sf showed a pic of his modifying the Ss2 trigger w piece of shell brass, creating a poor man's Geiselle etc. I warned him it would affect its durability to no avail. Hopefully he ll never find out during firefight

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC

Last edited by frostfire; 12-17-2017 at 12:39.
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 13:44   #25
RCummings
Guerrilla

Last edited by RCummings; 05-05-2018 at 08:52.
Old 12-17-2017, 21:26   #26
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Jarvis View Post
[/COLOR]

It's has nothing to do with the holster. I stand with one foot cocked out. As in this picture I have my left foot out. The bullet shot off the button on my fatigue pocked, made a crease in the fatigue pants to about my knee, then went through my boot nicking my big toe at the joint to my foot. I was very lucky.
Sweet send off.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote