Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > The Cache

Old 03-07-2018, 21:07   #1
Mills
Quiet Professional

SF and Pineland Artwork and gifts

Gents, after years of subversion I have been able to convince my mom who is an artist to get into painting memorabilia for the regiment and Pineland as well.

Her designs are Renditions of Originals with a vintage twist. There are a good deal of the posters in circulation already through out the school house and other corners of the area complex, but I'd like to spread the word further. She's really worked hard her entire life and just never seemed to catch that "break". I'd like this to be something that earns her some residual income while paying homage to the regiment.

She is currently working on other group flashes with the regimental Crest as well, they just take a while.

If anyone is looking for gift ideas or just something to hang on the wall in your man cave, your support would be much appreciated, even if you can only pass the link on or favorite the shop, still appreciated.

http://https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinelandTradingPost

Any questions, feel free to private message me or contact her through her site.

Last edited by Mills; 03-08-2018 at 03:49.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:50   #2
Mills
Quiet Professional

Fixed. Somehow http was in there twice.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:20   #3
cbtengr
Area Commander

Your Mother is indeed quite the artist! As a person who makes things with his hands I can appreciate the time involved in her work. Her prices are more than reasonable. I will seriously mull over making a purchase.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:25   #4
rsdengler
Area Commander

Your mother does some very nice work. I may have to buy one to hang in my "Woman Cave"

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:01   #5
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

I just showed my wife. I want two of them (not "two" wives - perish the thought - but two items on there).
Old 03-08-2018, 10:39   #6
Badger52
Area Commander

Awesome! Thanks and a "Go Mom!" back to her.

When I was a kid (and everything but real life was in B&W) friends wanted to be cops, firefighters, etc. I always thought that going into the woods with some little people & coming back out with a Bn of light infantry to kick a dictator's ass was the most noble thing on the planet. (Actually, still sounds like a good idea...)

A PRF flag is coming my way; couldn't 'resist' - can go right above the vintage Sov' TRA & restricted area signs.

Thanks again so much for the "subversion" of your Mom, lol.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:42   #7
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Awesome! Thanks and a "Go Mom!" back to her.

When I was a kid (and everything but real life was in B&W) friends wanted to be cops, firefighters, etc. I always thought that going into the woods with some little people & coming back out with a Bn of light infantry to kick a dictator's ass was the most noble thing on the planet. (Actually, still sounds like a good idea...)

A PRF flag is coming my way; couldn't 'resist' - can go right above the vintage Sov' TRA & restricted area signs.

Thanks again so much for the "subversion" of your Mom, lol.
Thanks man! I appreciate it as does she!

Let me know if there are any issues! Please favorite the shop if you can!
Old 03-09-2018, 18:03   #8
Chucko
Guerrilla

Extra picts

I thought you guys might like looking at these things my sister made for me about 20 years ago. Somehow she took a print from a T-shirt I acquired plus some other stuff I had laying around and engraved them in a mirror somehow and put this ensemble together and gave them to me for Christmas one year. Some things aren't up to specs, but beggars can't be choosers and I was appreciative. Just another route a guy could take for heirlooms. Inn the transferring and uploading the got smaller for some reason, but you get the idea.

Mirror 4.jpg

Mirror 3.jpg

Mirror 2.jpg

Mirror 1.jpg
Old 03-09-2018, 18:59   #9
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucko View Post
I thought you guys might like looking at these things my sister made for me about 20 years ago. Somehow she took a print from a T-shirt I acquired plus some other stuff I had laying around and engraved them in a mirror somehow and put this ensemble together and gave them to me for Christmas one year. Some things aren't up to specs, but beggars can't be choosers and I was appreciative. Just another route a guy could take for heirlooms. Inn the transferring and uploading the got smaller for some reason, but you get the idea.
I think that's pretty special and that she did a real nice job.
Old 03-09-2018, 20:13   #10
Badger52
Area Commander

Very cool! (I'm a walking example of why we should be grateful to have people with artistic bents walking the planet.)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:49   #11
JacobP
Asset

These are great! I've always had an interest in the Jedburgh teams and there aren't any good posters online.
JacobP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 13:13   #12
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Great items. Just ordered one item for the den.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 14:22   #13
cbtengr
Area Commander

Mills I Have been in touch with your mother and am commissioning a piece, she has a gift!
Old 03-11-2018, 06:52   #14
Mills
Quiet Professional

Thanks for the support guys. I really appreciate it. Mom has spent years upon years upon years painting different odds and ends that never really seemed to take off or hold any kind of longevity. I'm hoping that by getting into the realm of military Heritage, with a focus on the Special Forces regiment, she can set things up to where it will provide her some residual income as she gets older, and maybe someday.....actually retire.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:47   #15
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Favorited the Shop Mills.

Nice work. I'm thinking she'd easily be able to turn a 1st Group flash/crest to a 10th Group version

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote