Old 03-13-2013, 12:19   #961
LIG_digit
Asset

Greetings and salutations

Hello I'm Marco 25yrs old i've been in the military 6 yrs as a 91B. I grew interest on SF after working on small teams doing 11b job on 2 deployments. I've been thru SFAS once in 2012(fell off on week 2) and im looking to go back better prepare, more knoledgeable and definitely more mature.

What i look foward in this site is to acquire more knowledge to improve in any field that i need to better myself and one day become a QP.
LIG_digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:41   #962
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Deleted

Last edited by Trapper John; 03-22-2013 at 14:29. Reason: Screwed Up
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 22:11   #963
FrankCator
Asset

Greetings

I served with the Cav in Afghanistan 04-05 and met some of the most incredible people people in my life in that place. It was no coincidence that some belonged to the U.S. Special Forces.

"Be the grey man, and just listen." Some advice from an unknown Special Forces Sgt. that remains with me.

An 18D diagnosed a medical condition for me that was life threatening. It took eight hours later and an exploratory surgery for the MD's to confirm his diagnosis.

This is a fantastic springboard for communication between the SF community and the people that often know very little about what they do. I consider myself one of them, and honored to join the conversation.

Respectfully,
FrankCator
FrankCator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:52   #964
Dmh1111
Asset

Introduction

Hello, my name is Dean. I've been a member of site for a long time really just to read. I never posted an Intro, because I was never planning on posting anything. But I am 21 now, and considering joining a branch of the military with hopes at trying for a Special Operation job. I'm still undecided on a branch at this time but have given it a lot of thought and have narrowed my options to Army or Navy. So I decided to post my introduction, and am starting to actively read a lot of post with hopes of helping my decision.

I wanted to thank the Professional Solders staff for making this site available to us prospecting hopefuls. These forums I've come across the last few years has really helped me find answers to a lot of questions. We all are making big decisions that will impact our life and loved ones, and this leads to a lot of questions. Thank you for making it easy to get those questions answered.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:52   #965
Bill Burt
Asset

Hello

Hi, I'm Bill Burt (a variation of my shooting alias). I'm a former USN submariner and current high school teacher. I heard about your forum on the SASSNET.com/forums website. SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) is a group that shoots 19th century design firearms using cowboy themed alias. As you might expect many members are current/former law enforcement and/or military.

This looks like an interesting website, I'll probably lurk and read for a while before I have anything to say.

Thanks,
Old 03-15-2013, 13:17   #966
Robbinsw08
Asset

Introduction

Greetings all,
If I may, Id like to begin my introduction by offering my deepest gratitude for the service of all you QP's, and for your willingness to pass on your knowledge to the rest of us.
With that being said, I have been lurking on this forum for a month or so now and recently joined in order to make use of the search function. I have gained quite a bit of insight during my brief time here and look forward to gaining much more.
As my profile suggests, I am 25 years old and a recent college graduate. I have an obsession with the outdoors, which just so happens to be where I feel most at home. I take pride in my accomplishments and strive to learn from my failures.

Again, I would like to thank you for allowing me to be a guest of your site and I will take care to respect your house.

Sincerely,
Rob
Robbinsw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 17:01   #967
ZachMot
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone!

A little bit about me: I'm currently a student with 2 semesters left at the University of MN. I play center for the football team and have been doing so for the past 4yrs. Its been the greatest experience of my life so far, i've learned so many lessons that will follow me for the rest of my life.

Ever since I was a young boy I have always been fascinated with the militaries best forces ranging from SF to SEALs. This interest has for a long time gave me a desire to enlist and try to become one of the elite operators that i have looked up to for years. Only until recently has this desire become very real to me because for most of my life football has been number 1 in my life and afforded me great opportunities that I could not pass up but now with my career winding down and college coming to an end I am forced like all college students are to find something that they are going to do for the rest of their lives. I thought about what I wanted in a career and what would make me happy, what would push me and continue to make me grow as a person, and ultimately what would quench my thirst to help make this world a better place place for all to live. I knew there were few things that would afford me all of these things I want but one career path kept consistently popping up to me and that is the path of an SF soldier.

With all that being said Im not sure what will come to me in the future, maybe I'll find that a career as a soldier, specifically an SF soldier is not for me. But for that very reason I have joined this forum, so I can learn from men who have done what interests me so much and so I can ask questions to decide without a doubt I have the desire and commitment it would take to pursue this career path.

Thank you for allowing me to join! I respect all of you on this forum that have served this country and look forward to learning from you all with an open heart, mind and ears.
ZachMot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:31   #968
bayonet_53
Asset

Greetings

Former Army communications (31F). Currently I am a game warden in Fl, and I am a TACP in the MS ANG. I am slotted to go to JTAC-QC very soon. I spent a year in the SOT-D program in FL, and I have been thinking of going back after gaining JTAC cert.

-Jim
bayonet_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 14:01   #969
sgtrock
Asset

Hello to all. I am a 62 year old honorably discharged veteran. My MOS was 13B30M5 (Field Artillery Crew Chief, Nuclear). I am also a retired civilian firefighter/paramedic. My purpose in joining the forum is to learn as much as I can with reference to UW. In addition to my military and work experience, I have held a Ham Radio license (N1SCB) and I have been a long time hunter, reloader and shooter (since 1964). Thank you to all for their service and I am looking forward to the future. Again, Thank You all.
Old 03-19-2013, 19:00   #970
Wyatt7
Asset

27 year veteran and current reservist at SOCOM. Federal law enforcement in my full time job.

Planning on listening to the conversation and learning.

Thanks for the invitation.
Wyatt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 20:41   #971
trueunix
Asset

Introduction

I was drafted in 68, completed training Sept of 69 and was assigned to the 10th SFG. Discharged in 74 and missed it so much joined the reserves in 84. Served with the 5th and 12th. HALO in 86, and two short tours with both SOCOM and Instructor training group.
trueunix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:00   #972
Shootist
Asset

Hi all! I'm currently a driver/logistician for a missionary group in the bush of South Sudan, but returning to the states in a few months to enlist and hopefully sign an 18X contract. Great site, I've been lurking for a while but look forward to asking some pointed questions and learning a lot.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:41   #973
arae
Asset

Good Afternoon,

I'm a 26 years of age and currently serving in the US Peace Corps (Morocco). I finish my service in late May and upon my return stateside, I will be enlisting under an 18X contract.

regards,
- a

Last edited by arae; 03-21-2013 at 11:46.
arae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 13:15   #974
hector.rivera
Asset

Intro

Greetings gents. I am currently retired after 27 year of service, mostly as an 18E with 3rd BN, 10th SF. Started my time with the team in the early 90s at Ft. Devens, MA. I currently teach search and recovery operatios as a civilian contractor. Is good to see the interest young people show on our prefession in this page.
hector.rivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 15:08   #975
Swerley
Asset

Hello all, I'm Swerley. I'm currently a Junior in college studying Computer Science (hence why I like g33k stuff in my profile). I've been a runner my whole life and love working out. Needless to say I made some large decisions this past year, and I decided that I would like to join the special forces. It's a long story I won't gruel you with.

I plan on graduating a semester early which means that this summer I will be looking to sign the 18x contract. Actually just caught up with my recruiter a couple days ago and everything is still in check. I've been reading the forums here, getting tips, and learn more every day. Thanks for providing a great service!
Swerley is offline   Reply With Quote