Old 05-07-2017, 22:05   #2296
tobeabeast
Asset

INTRODUCTION

Hello, I'm a 21 year old sophomore in college studying biology and was on the pre-med track, but I'm dropping out for now and will finish my education at a later time. I enlisted with an 18X contract about 2 weeks ago and have a ship date to BCT at the end of July. I've wanted to join for a long time and couldn't do so right out of high school for personal reasons, but I've been debating whether to leave school for a while now, so I'm really happy with my decision. Been training a little over a year now and am just giving it everything I got to prepare before I ship out. This website has been a great resource for SFAS prep and general knowledge regarding SF so I'm just trying to soak up as much as possible before I leave.
tobeabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 22:34   #2297
MOJoWales
Asset

VN era MACV-SOG 1st Group

Joined awhile back, looking for reunion information.
I served from 66-72.
Was MACV-SOG Operations Officer Chuong Thien Province 68-69, then 1stSFG(A) 70-72 out of Okinawa for two years.
I would appreciate info on get togethers for fellow VN era members.

DOL

Last edited by MOJoWales; 06-06-2017 at 18:50. Reason: removed name
MOJoWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:19   #2298
backdraft85
Asset

Introduction

My name is Anthony I'm 31 currently married, we have a daughter together.
I am stationed at Ft Rucker, AL my MOS is 88m. I am scheduled to attend SFAS in September. I aspire to become a green beret because I feel that while being in the regular army is rewarding I think I can make a bigger difference else where. I enjoy teaching and I think that currently I need a more challenging career, I figure the life of a quiet professional might be that challenge I need. I feel being over 30 and coming from a support MOS will make getting selected ever more challenging; but I am ready to tackle that challenge and put forth all my dedication and time into it. I look foreword to reading as much as I can from this site and taking in as much knowledge as possible in order to better prepare myself.
"nothing worth having comes easy and nothing easy is worth having"
backdraft85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 18:21   #2299
harryd56
Asset

Back on

Hello everyone, it's been a few years since I was on but, I'm back. Looking forward to reading and possibly contributing.
In case it's needed I'm a retired professional chef, so if you've got questions concerning food give me a holler.
harryd56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:18   #2300
ghdendy
Asset

Intro

My name is Garrett, I have no prior service. I am a 30 year old husband and a father of three. I am a professional land surveyor. I have been interested in the MS National Guard for some time now. Recently, I have been researching the National Guard SF. I received information about the pipeline and I have read "Get Selected". I am still in the researching and preparation phase. Thank you for your service and the abundant information you have provided on this site.
ghdendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 18:01   #2301
CaveGinger
Asset

Introduction

Hello there,
I'm a college student in Ohio (originally from CT), and I plan on going Infantry in about two years (hopefully option 4 for airborne) to prepare for ranger school in the future. I Have been going grey and reading material that has been very helpful. Thank you for the advice and help, I respect everything you operators do and thank you for your service. I know I'm mentally prepared to attain my goals (also ordered Get Selected, glad to help the cause), it's just a matter of getting physically prepared now. I'll keep going grey to get the material I need, but if I have a question I won't hesitate to ask and correct what to do.

Thank you,

Cave Ginger, Molon Labe

Edit by Team Sergeant, no names. A user name is good enough.
CaveGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 19:50   #2302
rick-socom
Asset

rick here, retired UDT/SEAL ’71-95. Primarily east coast with most deployments in 10th SFG AOR. Deployed to Crete in ’73 and trained with DET A in Jan ‘77. Assigned to Unit 2 in Machrihanish ’89-91. Last four years were with the EUCOM/CENTCOM regional team in J3 at SOCOM 91-95.
Since 2005 have been a historian at SOCOM with three deployments to OEF covering SOF.

One side history project I’ve taken on for SOF enterprise is to compile a list of live pickups by Fulton Skyhook. Skyhook was used 1958-1982 and the two lists that exist have errors. Objective is an accurate list of men picked up as well as crews that flew the mission. Have roughly 150 names thus far including 52 pickups by Army Caribou at Ft Bragg ‘62-66 which was run by the HALO Committee. Still working on the names picked up in PACOM during Vietnam and from ’79-82 in EUCOM. Reason for doing this is anyone who was picked up by that system deserves to be remembered for it, as do the crews that flew it. The reason for doing it now is these events occurred 35-59 years ago and we’re running out of time. Thanks

Last edited by rick-socom; 05-22-2017 at 19:59. Reason: introduction
rick-socom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 21:56   #2303
fatedlegend
Asset

Intro

Hows it going?

Prior intel guy with the 101st, graduated the course just over a year ago. Used to used this site for some info and recommendations, but finally made an account. Currently with 1st SFG, just looking to connect with people and gain some solid info from other dudes that have been in my shoes. Appreciate what you guys have done and are doing, look forward to chatting.
fatedlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 22:14   #2304
chdoro89
Asset

Hello everyone. I have wanted to pursue a career in SF for quite some time and finally took the first step by signing a REP63 contract with the UT ARNG. I am looking forward to the road ahead and am grateful for all the great info on this site. Focusing on running, rucking and making sure everything is squared away. Thank you for your service to our country.
chdoro89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 13:17   #2305
never.say.die
SF Candidate

Howdy,

Created this account when I DEP'ed into the Army in 2009 and I don't know If I ever posted and intro. Currently an 11B working on heading to SFAS in FY18. Just here to shut up and learn.

Last edited by never.say.die; 05-24-2017 at 13:21. Reason: Adding info.
never.say.die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:17   #2306
mbqfxw
Asset

instroduction

I am a regular U.S. Army (enlisted) Soldier in my thirties currently stationed in Maryland, U.S. I programmed an app for Garmin GPS watches and wanted to share it with this community, is the main reason I got an account. I hope to do more high speed stuff in my Army career, and I have previously read from this webpage so it seems like a good place for information.

Last edited by mbqfxw; 05-26-2017 at 21:46.
mbqfxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 17:30   #2307
Bill Coffman
Asset

Former ODA member

My name is Bill Coffman and I was a member of ODA572, current law enforcement in Southern California. I graduated the Q-Course in the 1980s and was trying to find any pictures of Phase Training in the 80s.

I was recently in N.C. and was allowed to go out to MacKall and it has sure changed. I didn't take many pics back.in my day but I remember others doing so. If anybody does have pictures of the place when it looked like a World War II concentration camp LOL please let me know
Bill Coffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:21   #2308
Cam
Asset

Hello all, I'm a 91E/91B instructor out of Dix and have had aspirations of going through the selection process for some time now. As my career progresses on and my window closes, it is down to decision time. I have been a long time lurker on this site and have gotten some great information from it. This page continues to prove to be an outstanding resource and I'm thankful to have been able to use it. Thank you to the creator, and all the contributors of this site.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 17:42   #2309
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Coffman View Post
My name is Bill Coffman and I was a member of ODA572, current law enforcement in Southern California. I graduated the Q-Course in the 1980s and was trying to find any pictures of Phase Training in the 80s.

I was recently in N.C. and was allowed to go out to MacKall and it has sure changed. I didn't take many pics back.in my day but I remember others doing so. If anybody does have pictures of the place when it looked like a World War II concentration camp LOL please let me know
I think, I remember you. I was on 573, "Howling Nick (Kreel) Fury's Commando's" Started out on Smoke Bomb Hill, then we went to Mott Lake...
Old 06-01-2017, 03:20   #2310
Bill Coffman
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
I think, I remember you. I was on 573, "Howling Nick (Kreel) Fury's Commando's" Started out on Smoke Bomb Hill, then we went to Mott Lake...
Thanks for responding and it's great to hear from someone who even knows Smoke Bomb Hill and Mott Lake. I remember John Anderson having us to a forced March from montlake back to smoke bomb Hill after being out there for about a week and it was raining like crazy
Bill Coffman is offline   Reply With Quote