Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-04-2013, 12:33   #151
gwbarnes
Asset

Best I have seen

Kudos to the author(s) of this letter, and its thousand plus signatories. I have seen it posted on firearms, shooting and political sites everywhere. It was through a link that I found and joined this site. Great work.
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

John Stuart Mill
gwbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 18:47   #152
CHET18Z
Asset

Well said!

The Income Tax is found in Subtitle A of Title 26 USC (IRC). It is the most pervasive control mechanism of the US government on American citizens. It only applies to the class of persons on which Congress laid the Income Tax. Are you part of that class? Can you state the attributes of that class? Do you know where in the IRC the details of that class are published? What, if any, are the circumstances that brought you into that class? Does not being able to answer these questions suspend your right to property?

As a 25+ year veteran of the ache, pain, terror, pleasure and utter exhilaration that is the life of a Special Forces Trooper, I have taken De Oppresso Libre to the masses at www.nontaxpayer.us. If you would require the US government to obey the Constitution, join me in defunding their antics today. Or you can accept being spanked with a plank of the Communist Manifesto in sullen resignation. The choice is yours.
CHET18Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 19:08   #153
Razor
Quiet Professional

Proud to stand with my brothers as a signer.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 19:31   #154
scooter
Quiet Professional

Chet18Z, interesting profile. Apparently during your European Escapade, South of the Border Snookering, and Oriental Orientation, you forgot how to follow instructions.

Edit.
Chet18Z, Post an introduction

Last edited by Snaquebite; 02-04-2013 at 19:47.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:00   #155
SF18C
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Chet18Z, interesting profile. Apparently during your European Escapade, South of the Border Snookering, and Oriental Orientation, you forgot how to follow instructions.

Edit.
Chet18Z, Post an introduction
^ I was thinking the same!
"De Oppresso Liber"

Nomination for PS.com Quote of the Decade!
SF18C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:38   #156
tonyz
Area Commander

It looks like the good people of upstate NY are responding to the state assault on the 2A. Pray that the misguided politicians come to their senses and listen to the words of otherwise law abiding citizens. A short 4 minute video.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=BTdhV...KQ%26index%3D1

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 14:21   #157
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Those who own, won't answer, or deny owning a gun in congress.

Handy little interactive map of those in congress that either own guns, won't answer or say they do not.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...f_congress.htm

Seems favorable to not passing new laws, or showing the level of hypocracy in congress if something new does pass.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 20:00   #158
orion5
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Handy little interactive map of those in congress that either own guns, won't answer or say they do not.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...f_congress.htm

Seems favorable to not passing new laws, or showing the level of hypocracy in congress if something new does pass.
That's a very interesting chart....I hope they continue to push those 17 Democrat Senators who've declined or not answered. According to the Pew Research Center, 25% of gun owners are Democrats. Already 31% (16 out of 52) of the Dem Senators have indicated they're gun owners, which is more than their constituents, and I suspect the percentage is even higher than that.

But I know there are many gun owners, or people neutral to guns, that have fallen into the trap of condemning anything labeled "assault" or "hi cap". According to Pew, this is especially true of women, minorities, young people, urbanites and north easterners. The percentages are pretty clear. If we want to drive a grass roots effort, or drive the national lobby, it needs to be directed towards re-educating those groups on what the 2A means, and why the current gun laws are not effective in eliminating gun crime.

Pew Research Center article: [LINK]
orion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:22   #159
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

One of the local towns here in the Phoenix area has a good idea. An elementary school principle asked the local police if they would like to utilize an empty office at the school as a police substation. The police agreed and now the police can do paperwork, make phone calls etc from that substation without the need to return the police HQ and get the small stuff done.

Not a bad idea.
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31   #160
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
One of the local towns here in the Phoenix area has a good idea. An elementary school principle asked the local police if they would like to utilize an empty office at the school as a police substation. The police agreed and now the police can do paperwork, make phone calls etc from that substation without the need to return the police HQ and get the small stuff done.

Not a bad idea.
Nice.

Douglas county, just south of Denver, is doing something along those same lines. PD officers are sitting in school parking lots during their lunch breaks and either doing paperwork in their cars, or they are invited inside and get a free lunch (or they bring their own), which they're more than happy to sit with the kids.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:42   #161
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
Nice.

Douglas county, just south of Denver, is doing something along those same lines. PD officers are sitting in school parking lots during their lunch breaks and either doing paperwork in their cars, or they are invited inside and get a free lunch (or they bring their own), which they're more than happy to sit with the kids.
Eating with the kids is a nice touch - if the proper officers are sent, it can develop a positive opinion of law enforcement and provide role models for those children who are lacking in either. It can also remind police officers that kids don't always make the best decisions, but that doesn't make them criminals.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:05   #162
MR2
Quiet Professional

Excellent ideas developed at the local level - more fodder for the Talking Points.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24   #163
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Excellent ideas developed at the local level - more fodder for the Talking Points.
Nice to see; that's where it's at. (Solutions, that is.)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 14:48   #164
mark46th
Quiet Professional

"One of the local towns here in the Phoenix area has a good idea. An elementary school principle asked the local police if they would like to utilize an empty office at the school as a police substation. The police agreed and now the police can do paperwork, make phone calls etc from that substation without the need to return the police HQ and get the small stuff done." TS

And they can hit on the young, hot teachers...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 17:13   #165
Stiletto11
Guerrilla

Here is a father of a victim of the Columbine shooting's testimony to Congress in May of 1999. Together with the testimony of the father of a child who was immersed in the Sandy Hook tragedy one of sound mind would think that the lawless will commit crime no matter what the law is. This can only prove that the movement to disarm Americans can only have evil intent. IMO this hits a nerve concerning the decay of our society.

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!
My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"
- Darrell Scott

Source: Snopes says this speech was made to a sub committee in May 1999

Snopes says this speech was made to a sub committee in May 1999

J. Albert Nock

Don’t let facts interfere with your insanity
Stiletto11 is offline   Reply With Quote