Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 1st Special Forces Group

Old 06-11-2007, 20:22   #1
See2
Asset

Met a a former CSM at Blade

I had the honor and priviledge to spend some time with a former CSM from 1st SFGA on Saturday night at Blade Show (in Atlanta). He recently retired from 1st, and spent a good amount of time from his night to talk to me about a bit of everything. I'm not sure if he's a member here or not, but I just wanted to express my gratitude to him for the experience, and voice my admiration.

Last edited by See2; 06-12-2007 at 10:37. Reason: Because I am a dumbass.
See2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:43   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by See2
I had the honor and priviledge to spend some time with SGM Perry (I don't want to put his last name in print) on Saturday night at Blade Show (in Atlanta). He recently retired from 1st, and spent a good amount of time from his night to talk to me about a bit of everything. I'm not sure if he's a member here or not, but I just wanted to express my gratitude to him for the experience, and voice my admiration.
Yes, CSM Perry D (ret) is a member on this board.

TS
Old 06-12-2007, 15:49   #3
deanwells
Quiet Professional

Hey CSM Perry D (RET),

I still have that thing with your name on it for the favor you did for me when I was enroute to 1-1. I haven't forgotten what you told me in the PI in 06'. I hope everything is well.

Thanks,
SSG C.
Old 06-12-2007, 20:45   #4
skipjack
Auxiliary

CSM, I just saw you, in Tacoma, at the convention center for the expo! Now you are in Atlanta, you must be getting around a lot these days..lol!

-skipjack

Last edited by skipjack; 06-12-2007 at 20:48.
skipjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:28   #5
SOKOOLJ
Quiet Professional

BEEN LONG TIME

CSM D,

Long time no see! Been a while, I hear you hang out here, so send me a PM and we can catch up. Too bad I missed ya coming back to 1st Group, heading to OKI this fall. Craig B. said he saw you and CSM S. in the box, I must have missed you while hanging out in Tikrit/Sammarra.
Hope to hear from you,

Joe

“…if you want to be a sheepdog and walk the warrior's path, then you must make a conscious and moral decision every day to dedicate, equip and prepare yourself to thrive in that toxic, corrosive moment when the wolf comes knocking at the door.”
On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - LTC (R) Dave Grossman
SOKOOLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 14:58   #6
MottLakeTonyC
Asset

Our Dick Clark

CSM Perry looks the same as he did 20 years ago. Whats really cool about seeing him is that when talking with him you feel 20 years younger. Too bad for him tough, he must feel 30 years older seeing us....hmmmmm just a thought...ha ha .. If you see this my brother hope all is well!!! Tony Cross here.
MottLakeTonyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39   #7
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

I'll call him later today and make sure he checks in here.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:56   #8
BamBam
Quiet Professional

Bill tell him to PM me.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:17   #9
Bill Harsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
Bill tell him to PM me.
WILCO.
Old 12-07-2007, 14:10   #10
bluebb
Quiet Professional

SGM and a young Cpt.

I remember on a freezing night in in Canada a young Cpt wanted us to go out in sub zero tempratures and break down pallets. A certain SGM disagreed with the Cpt. and suggested we do it in the morning when it would be a little warmer. The Cpt. insisted we do it and the SGM insisted we don't. The Cpt. verged on giving the SGM a direct order. The SGM replied " There are only two ranks with stars in them in the army and your is not one of them Cpt." Needless to say we didnt break down the pallets until the morning.

Blue

NOUS DEFIONS
bluebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 21:02   #11
Defion69
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebb View Post
I remember on a freezing night in in Canada a young Cpt wanted us to go out in sub zero tempratures and break down pallets. A certain SGM disagreed with the Cpt. and suggested we do it in the morning when it would be a little warmer. The Cpt. insisted we do it and the SGM insisted we don't. The Cpt. verged on giving the SGM a direct order. The SGM replied " There are only two ranks with stars in them in the army and your is not one of them Cpt." Needless to say we didnt break down the pallets until the morning.

Blue
Excellent bro.....just like CSM Perry D. always looking out for the troops. I remember working for CSM when he was a 1SG in Phitsanluk, Thailand. I was a young buck SGT 63B type and he motivated me and set the example of what an 18 series is all about. I ended up going to selection and spending the rest of my career as an 18.

Cheers to skygod and awesome leader CSM Perry D.
Defion69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 14:08   #12
FILO
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebb View Post

Blue

I personally witnessed said SGM in a similar situation in the FRG and it involved an LT with a serious attitude. The SGM was a SSG at the time and just before he shipped off to the Q course. The LT had a missing camp stove and he "assumed" one of the guys in the Pathfinder detachment had it, so he pulled up to our shack and yelled our for everyone to stand next to their wall locker for a H&W inspection. Perry put a stop to it immediately since he realized most of us would have been screwed since we often carried pyro and live rounds in our lockers. Perry pulled the LT into his office which was quickly followed by loud voices. When Perry concluded his counseling the LT burst from the office and double timed from the shack. Shortly thereafter Perry walked back to the team room and instructed us to "sanitize" our wall lockers and then the last comment he made before heading back to his office was: "the LT is missing his stove, if you happen to know where it is, make sure he gets it back."
FILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 22:26   #13
Capt_G
Asset

He is one hell of a great guy. I served with him the Philippines and recently ran into him on a flight from SEATAC to Dallas. Looked the same as he had last time i had seen him.

If you are reading this rest assured that I fulfilled the mission you gave me and that gentleman made his connecting flight to Mexico. It certainly taxed my very limited command of Spanish but I made it work.
Capt_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:21   #14
Bill Harsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
Bill tell him to PM me.
Just heard from the CSM (Ret) a couple days ago, I'll roust him again.
Old 05-24-2008, 17:11   #15
Ron Thomas
Quiet Professional

have you seen Perry????

are you guys seeing the same CSM i know. 20 years younger,,,,,,give me a break. did you see all that gray in his side burns? i have been a friend for 30 years and i'm not giving in. (don't let them see you sweat)
have a nice day old buddy.
Ron T
Ron Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote