Old 09-08-2011, 04:10   #91
2018commo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
I am in the Reserve Component, and have not, am not, nor will not blow myself up to be a hero I never was or could be. I'm just serving like I have done for over 20 years.

Evidently people like me are uncommon in the Reserve Component. Wow, I never knew...

I for one, can hardly wait for the good General's next bit of wisdom.
The General must have missed the "One Army Policy" briefing...

Jump Street Never Ends

“There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go, no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone”

"Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you"
2018commo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:44   #92
koz
Quiet Professional

I think Tangeny should look at the pow network and all the active duty posers. In fact looking at their database, the majority of posers are ACTIVE duty or were never is service.

Posers are posers - doesn't matter if they're active, reserve, NG, or civilian- they're all the same....
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:48   #93
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Politicians Caught in a Lie (david oh)

David Oh, liar, fraud and now politician......

Politicians Caught in a Lie
Can they recover? Not if they sound like David Oh

Posted on 9/8/2011 at 9:39AM

I’m fascinated by lying. Though I like to think I don’t do it. You’ll note that I didn’t just say I don’t lie. Much better to take the safer route of what I like to think about myself. Headed toward honesty—but not nailed to the cross with every word.

But what happens if you’re a public figure, a politician, and you get caught in a lie? How do you get around that? Can you? Does it depend on the magnitude of the lie, or just the fact of it?

David Oh is a Republican at-large candidate for City Council. He made a pretty big mistake, claiming he was once a Green Beret. He never was—Oh washed out of the training. Now, I know very little, really, about David Oh. The Republican thing is a problem for me, but maybe I could still vote for him.

David Oh wiped out that possibility in a big apology ad he ran in the Daily News last week. I read it, and I reread it. I kept getting stuck, on words like “confusion” and “misimpression” and my favorite: “lack of attention to detail.”

Here’s how Oh first screwed up: Back in 1988, he was an assistant district attorney in Philadelphia. Oh resigned to enlist in the Army and landed in a reserve unit of the National Guard in Maryland, as a second lieutenant. Right about there, the story he’s been telling the past few years parts from the real one: Oh’s unit was activated in ’91 for Operation Desert Storm and assigned to Fort Bragg; he went through a three-week assessment course for Special Forces training, but didn’t get picked for the actual training; that takes several months. Oh got trapped by what he wanted us to think he was—a full-fledged Green Beret. It never happened.

That didn’t stop him from claiming for some time on his website and in campaign literature that he was a Special Forces guy. There he was in a Facebook campaign posting, wearing the beret: “smart, tough, honest.” He’s made the claim for quite some time.

Finally Oh got called out this summer by the Daily News. He hemmed and hawed, and then finally took out the DN ad last week. In it, he lets us know just how complicated these distinctions are: “I was a Special Forces candidate throughout my service, including my active duty service at Fort Bragg during Operation Desert Storm. My temporary coding as an 18A Special Forces Officer was for manpower purposes within the unit’s NQP (Non-Qualified Personnel) company for Special Forces candidates and not for qualified A Team members. While this may not seem important to people unfamiliar with the military, it is an extremely important distinction that I failed to make clear.”

That gobbledygook boils down to: Not an actual Green Beret. And this is where Oh’s lament gets really interesting. He goes on to write:

“I am aware of the distinctions within the terms ‘Special Forces’ and ‘Green Beret,’ but I did not properly maintain them over the years. My carelessness and lack of attention to detail was to my benefit and misleading to the public.”

So there it is, the death knell, his covering-up-Watergate-is-actually-worse-than-Watergate moment: In his own apology, David Oh can’t call a spade a spade. To “maintain” the glowing “distinctions within the terms ‘Special Forces’ and ‘Green Beret’”—pretty high-minded, but what the hell does that mean? Then he really goes off the rails with “to my benefit and misleading to the public.”

Yeah. You lied to us.

It’s an interesting question. How far down the path of deceit is too far to come back from? My vote would be, when you’re still trying to weasel around a lie at the moment you claim you’re ’fessing up. That’s when I’m done with you.

Please. Stop with the “I will try to be more attentive, respectful and clear in all my actions in the future.” How about when you lie, and it gets pointed out to you, and you’re trying to save your political ass, you say: “I lied. It was wrong, and I’m ashamed of it. I’m sorry.”

Maybe that wouldn’t work either. But maybe, maybe, we would at least believe you.

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_phill...ns-caught-lie/
Old 09-08-2011, 13:36   #94
Slantwire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Take a look at these photos and ask yourself...

"Why would an officer be wearing an SF DUI?"

Stay safe.
I did notice that. I also noticed the standard "I'm an Asian girl" hand signal he did in your third picture. Asian guys do something different with their hand when they pose (for the countless pictures the girls take).
Old 09-08-2011, 14:26   #95
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh states he: "Joined the Green Berets"

At 2:33 David Oh states he:

"Joined the Green Berets"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy7VOsjHqVM

David Oh forgot the part that he was infantry. He also forgot the part that he failed to join the Green Berets.

David Oh, you're a liar and a fraud.

Someone copy this video for me.
Thanks.
TS
Old 09-08-2011, 15:04   #96
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

David Oh forgot the part that he was infantry. He also forgot the part that he failed to join the Green Berets.

Thanks.
TS
Downloaded...it's 18.3 mb

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 15:22   #97
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

Thanks.
TS
TS,

David Oh isn't going to stop stating he was an SF officer.......Never........What we should consider doing is send everything we have on him to his opponent(Check to see if he's a decent guy,ask CSB,he's never let us down) and if he is,then we should consider giving him our SF endorsement.......Just Thinking.....

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 09-09-2011 at 15:05.
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 19:36   #98
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

More false claims by David Oh

More Questions About Oh Army Claims
Updated: Monday, 12 Sep 2011, 8:14 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 12 Sep 2011, 7:03 PM EDT

Philadelphia Republican city council candidate David Oh is back in the spotlight as new questions arise about the description of his military service.

Oh is, in fact, an Army veteran. But as is sometimes the case, it's the description of military service that gets a candidate in trouble.

Oh has already faced questions about claims that he was a Special Forces Green Beret.

Now, Fox 29 has learned of another question: about Oh's service during Operation Desert Storm.

Operation Desert Storm was the response to Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait. It didn't last long: it began in August of 1990, and was over by February in 1991.

An invitation to a David Oh fundraiser at the Union League in August, organized by Citizens For David Oh, claimed Oh, "served in Operation Desert Storm as a second lieutenant."

The claim was under the candidate's biography.

Fox 29 asked would-be voters how they'd interpret the claim, "served in Operation Desert Storm Storm."

"Ummm, Iraq. I assume they're in Iraq,” said one person.

"Desert Storm- that sounds like- like a place that's far away. Yeah, doesn't sound too close to home,” said another.

"Overseas. If you served in the operation, it implies- at least to me- that you took part in the actual operation,” said another person.

But if you check Oh's campaign website, the story is a little different.

Under the heading "About David," the bio reads, “during Operation Desert Storm, David was called to active duty, but before he was deployed, the war ended."

In other words, Oh served in the military at the time, but never left his base in North Carolina.

Zack Stalberg of the watchdog group Committee Of 70, served in Vietnam.

"I think from a campaign standpoint, it's likely to become a very big deal,” he says. "Veterans in particular do not like the idea that someone is in any way exaggerating their service. …even if it's by implication."

Fox 29 reached out repeatedly to Oh for his explanation of the wording in that fundraising invitation and we did not receive an answer.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/...oh-army-claims
Old 09-12-2011, 19:52   #99
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh the master of hyperbole

David Oh the master of embellishment, exaggeration, overstatement, hyperbole and just flat out lying.

More news media are catching on to the David Oh "story". Soon you and your false claims will make national news.

I hope no one copied all the Face Book pages you deleted from your account. That would look real bad in public view.

I wonder how long it will be before more organizations take back their endorsement for David Oh.

Lie about being a "Green Beret" you enrage a very small community, no big deal right. Now you've been found wanting again, this time your tall tales will enrage a much larger community.

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. David Oh you are about to learn a lesson "the hard way."
TS
Old 09-13-2011, 05:46   #100
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US View Post
Downloaded...it's 18.3 mb
Eagle5US,

I didn't see David Oh's name on getting his shirt delivered... Musta missed his order, boy is he going to be pissed at you...

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

Old 09-13-2011, 05:52   #101
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
Eagle5US,

I didn't see David Oh's name on getting his shirt delivered... Musta missed his order, boy is he going to be pissed at you...

Big Teddy
I'm waiting to be a guest speaker at his next fundraiser so I an deliver it to him personally.

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:00   #102
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US View Post
I'm waiting to be a guest speaker at his next fundraiser so I an deliver it to him personally.

Big Teddy
Zonie Diver

Jack Moroney

Old 09-13-2011, 07:31   #103
alright4u
Quiet Professional

Candy Bar 2LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
TS,

David Oh isn't going to stop stating he was an SF officer.......Never........What we should consider doing is send everything we have on him to his opponent(Check to see if he's a decent guy,ask CSB,he's never let us down) and if he is,then we should consider giving him our SF endorsement.......Just Thinking.....

Big Teddy
It appears that is all he ever was. He never was SF qualified. Being carried on a roster a CO, Det A-- does not make one SF qualified. I will refrain from any NG SF comments as things have changed with the Army's mission since I last picked up NG and Reserve teams going to Germany at Logan airport.
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:11   #104
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh military fraud

David Oh had nothing to do with Desert Storm but Desert Storm appears in his bio. Funny that.

David Oh never served as a "Green Beret" but that too appears in his bio, endorsements, fund raising invitations etc.

Soon the Philadelphia GOP is going to start feeling the heat created by David Oh .....

As I've said, I'm not done with you David Oh.

TS
Old 09-14-2011, 05:57   #105
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Oh, no! More questions!

Deleted. Missed TS's original post. I got to the story via the phillyspeaks blog.

Last edited by abc_123; 09-14-2011 at 08:46.
abc_123 is offline   Reply With Quote