Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 05-03-2013, 11:13   #1051
sean827
SF Candidate

First post

My name is Sean, I just got selected and will be attending the Q next month. Trying to learn from guys who have paved the road before me. I understand that by getting selected I have merely secured an opportunity to become one of the best. I plan on using this site and any resources available not to earn a tab but to become part of this family. On a lighter note i'm not looking forward to my first a** chewing for a negligent or incomplete post but i'm sure its inevitable
sean827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 13:55   #1052
bluciano6
Asset

Introduction

All,

First and foremost I would like to thank all of you for your service, and secondly for the invaluable information that can be found within this site. I am currently awaiting my May 27 ship date with an 18x contract. I am 27 years old and have been hoping to pursue a career in the special operations community since I was 7 years old. In 2008 I had a contract for Navy Seals. At the time I was involved with family business, and with the down turn of the economy my father asked me to put my military pursuits on hold to aid him in times of struggle. I regretfully did, but in hind sight it was a blessing, as it led me to the route of Army Special Forces. This past summer my cousin whom I consider my brother, as my father was his legal guardian for years, graduated the Q-Course, and is now a member of 7th Group. At his graduation I had the honor to meet many members of your community, and in speaking with them I came to the conclusion that the SF community is the place I would be honored to call home, and would be the best fit for the type of person I am. I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to prove myself and serve alongside the best caliber individuals our country has to offer.

Thank you sincerely
bluciano6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 15:05   #1053
SF Hunter
Quiet Professional

Introduction

All,

I have been roaming around the forums for awhile and decided to come aboard.
I am an Army and Special Forces veteran and have spent the majority of my military career in Special Operations in one way or another. I appreciate the service and sacrifice every QP has made to the Regiment and this great nation and look forward to contributing in anyway needed to the brotherhood.

I also wish every future SF candidate the best of luck.

Thanks

v/r
SF Hunter
Old 05-06-2013, 18:28   #1054
phase3ops
Asset

Location: Just North of Wannabe and quite a bit South of Pineland
Itroduction

I have been frequenting this site since 2007. I have learned a lot and appreciate all the information you have all put out there. Although I thought I did this in 2011 I was unable to find it so I'm double tapping.

I'm now 40, an Intel (35F) NCO (SSG), and as early as I can remember I have had the desire to earn the right to join your ranks or work in supporting your ranks. I attended SFAS in 2009 only to be a med drop. When I went in 2009 some of the cadre joked with me regarding my age but it was just professional banter. Now I wonder what they would have to say to me at 40. At this time I am at a cross roads due to my age. Although my greatest desire is to earn the long tab I'm not sure my body will hold up. I'm considering giving it one last go before hanging it up and being satisfied with earning a spot within the support BN. I've not yet returned to SFAS due to deployments and injury.

Having been a med drop and spending a couple days chatting with the cadre from time to time (while waiting for enough to join me so that it warranted a trip to the airport) and working with 2 ODAs during deployment (mainly with the Fox working on targeting) I have come to respect all 18 series greatly. There's no other word more befitting you than Professional.

Thanks again for all the gret information you have put out there for all of us.
Old 05-07-2013, 20:55   #1055
jubei
Asset

Introduction

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to the QPs and moderators who run this site. To know that you all take time out of your incredibly vital work to create and maintain this resource is truly amazing. Thank you again.

Like many of the members here, I am contemplating the possibility of a career as a Special Forces soldier. There are a multitude of reasons for this. Perhaps the most important was the realization that as a man that will hopefully be starting a family within the next couple of years, I am gravely concerned with the world my children will be born into and eventually inherit. The question is, what am I going to do about it? For years I was content to leave the dirty business of defending the country and the ideals that I love to our courageous men and women in uniform. I no longer feel that that is enough.

Many of the Quiet Professionals on this forum have made mention of the fact that the life of a Special Forces soldier is a calling. I take that to mean that the life chooses you, not the other way around. I’m not positive that I am experiencing that now, but I can say that I have never felt so profoundly moved about a career or a way of life than I have since I discovered that I may still have a chance to do this. The mission of the Special Forces resonates with me in a way that nothing else has to this point. And if I can somehow help them succeed in that mission, then I will truly feel content that I have done my part.

One final point: All I have wanted in my life is the chance to earn the respect of men that I respect in turn, and to make a difference. God willing, if I can summon the will, the fortitude, and the dedication to pass muster and join a team, I can guarantee that I will never stop doing whatever it takes to ensure the success of that team and its mission.

Regards,

J
jubei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:04   #1056
Powder
Asset

Good to meet you.

Alright Gent's, here we go.

Username Powder, I am a HUMINT soldier and aspiring Special Forces soldier. I've hung around the forums reading up on some stuff before making my introduction post so I can get a feel for things. Happy to be here and I will be glad to talk shop about myself, my plans, or anything else that one would want to know through messages. No need to lay out a full bio with my first post. Again, happy to be here and thank you for the chance to learn.

- Powder
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:39   #1057
2ndTry
Asset

Hello

Hi, there everyone. I have been reading the site for some time now.

I am currently in the army. I have passed slection, SUT and Language. I was injured during one of the six week evaluations of the IODA's. After this I was moved back to the 82nd and eventually ETS (6 months). I chose a spot in a Reserve Civil Affairs unit, which allowed me to use my language skills. I can honestly say that the level of professionalism and drive even among the other students in my classes at the Q course has been hard to duplicate, outside of the special operations community.

I am currently in Afghanistan with that Civil affairs battalion since my leaving the course and I am trying desperately to make my way back to the school house. Seeing Afghanistan from the rebuilding effort was an interesting experience, but I feel as though I am missing out on an oppurtunity to get back to a place where I can truly challenge myself, and those who do more and push themselves are not looked upon as wierd.

I am looking for an added resource to stay current of event trends in the areas of Africa and the middle east. I mostly hope to discuss these aspects among others on a more professional forum instead of the usual bickering and mind numbing discourse where everybody is an expert reguardless of past experiences.

I have all verification of course completions, and I look forward to learning from the information posted here.

Taylor

Last edited by 2ndTry; 05-11-2013 at 06:41.
2ndTry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:08   #1058
LTUnickp
Asset

Introduction

Good morning,

I am an engineering student soon to graduate with 3 years left on my current reserve contract. Thinking about my future in the Army I am just here to soak up as much knowledge as I can from some experienced members about active duty, and national guard SF units. Not sure if I can get on active duty right now being an E5, last time I checked the 18X contracts were only for E4 and below.
LTUnickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:36   #1059
DJKARM
Asset

Introduction

I am a 20 year old from Northeast Ohio. I have been reading here for several months and have just recently registered on this site. I love the USA and hope to serve in the military. I am strongly considering a REP 63 Contract with B Company 2nd Bn/19 SFG in Columbus.

I have a decent fitness base as a high school football player, however, I am currently working very hard on my endurance, as that is my weakest area. I hope to be in good enough shape to enlist within a year.

I would like to thank all military members, past and present, for your service to this great nation. I would also like to thank all those who contribute to this site for the wealth of information it has provided me.

Thank you and God Bless.

Last edited by DJKARM; 05-08-2013 at 18:42. Reason: Misspelling
DJKARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 20:54   #1060
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

Thumbs up Thank you QPs!

I'm afraid my intro was never completed as I intended. Here it is as I wanted it to appear:

I am indeed a guest here - a "civvie" - and for the privilege of being here I thank you.
I have never served in the military (although most of my family has);
but I have a deep and abiding respect for - and gratitude towards - those who have.

My late father, F.X. Tobey was in WWII; 6TH Marine Div., 29th Marines.
He was a weapons instructor, small arms, at the OTC school in VA
before requesting to be sent to the Pacific. (BAR man on Okinawa.)

As a civilian he continued as weapons instructor at the Middlesex County
(NJ) Police Academy and served in the Piscataway (NJ) Police Dept. until
retiring as Chief in 1984. All that I know about weapons -- pistols, rifles, shotguns and reloading for all of the above -- I learned from him.

I was led to this site by an article by Bob Unruh, published on WND.com
(World Net Daily). "1100 Green Berets Set Record Straight on Guns" --
to your letter: "In Defense of the 2nd Amendment". I was glad you wrote it; although I'm afraid it will make no difference to those who do not wish to be confused by the facts. I wanted to download the .pdf file; but in order to do that I needed to register -- so here I am.

Since I haven't done much shooting - or reloading - since my father died, I was
browsing through threads regarding same. (How he would have enjoyed your
website!) He was the one who had to explain to me just what "parallax" was.
Our favorite BR / varmint rifle was a Sako 6MM PPC w/a Leupold Vari-X III scope. (Both of us shot 1/2 MOA groups @ 100 yds. Of course, these were HIS reloads. We could never get that accuracy from factory ammo.)

Enough intro! Thank you all for your courage, your professionalism, your service
and your devotion. My heartfelt THANKS to all those in uniform who have - and
who continue to - put themselves in harm's way for our country.
Old 05-10-2013, 20:47   #1061
Systema
Asset

Introduction

Hello folks, first of all allow me to thank the powers that be for allowing me to join this forum. I spent 13 years in the Canadian Army as what you would call an 18 C. It is my passion as it always has been to always keep striving to better not only myself but my ttp's. I am really looking forward to learning as much as I can from you folks since the experiences you all must have is a gold mine to me. My Grandfather always said "you have two ears and two eyes but only one mouth...just a reminder of what you should be exercising most". I tend to follow his lead but look foward to some great exchanges of info. Thank you all.
Systema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 20:58   #1062
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all.

Please fill in your profiles, if you haven't already done so.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:06   #1063
mr.best of 2011
Asset

Introduction

Greetings Gentlemen,
I am a 25 year old SGT stationed at Ft. Benning, Ga and assigned to the 3rd Ranger Bn. I attended SFAS class 07-13 and was selected with a tentative MOS of 18C. Really Looking forward to starting the Q-course here in the near future
mr.best of 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 17:38   #1064
jctroxell
Asset

Intro

Hello All,

Not too much to say about myself, I guess that's why I'm here, to try and learn and maybe one day have something to say to people, or better give people something good to say about me.

I just want to learn as much as I can in order to become the best Soldier, follower, leader and American servant as I can.

Everyone calls me Trox.
jctroxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 20:18   #1065
stalking-butler
SF Candidate

Introduction

Hello all,

I am a student and a drilling reservist, working part time at a gun store. Like many on this forum, I seek the honor of being selected and trained to join the ranks of the Quiet Professionals.

My desire to pursue SF training was sparked by my military experiences in Afghanistan and Mauritania. I had the opportunity to support a handful of combat missions, as well as take part in Foreign Internal Defense advising and training. These experiences built and further reinforced my respect for and desire to achieve such levels of competency.

I am proud of my service in the Army Reserve, but am now seeking the means to serve at a higher level. I have initiated the conditional release process to enlist active duty, and am training with my focus on being the best soldier I can be. I intend to be selected in my time, and regardless of the details of my future, I will continue to serve with honor.

This forum is a priceless source of information. Thank you to all who contribute, and to those Quiet Professionals who make this resource available!
stalking-butler is offline   Reply With Quote