Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 04-21-2015, 22:42   #1846
Sean18X
SF Candidate

QPs,

My name is Sean and I am an 18X DEP with a shipdate of 20150720. I was suggested to post an intro by a fellow 18X DEPer, as I decided to lurk the public forums instead of post after I created this account.

I am a 23 year old college senior who is graduating in May with my degree in Finance. I played five seasons of college football at my university (redshirted my freshman season) as a defensive linemen. I currently am bussing tables on the weekend and seeing to my finals this week and next week and have been really ramping up my PT regimen since my senior season ended just before Thanksgiving. I am currently 6'0" and 219 lbs, down from 265 in November, and feel I am properly motivated for the task at hand. My daily training postings can be found on ShadowSpear.com's SF mentorship group page under the username "Duke."

I'm here to learn what I can so that I may be an asset to the SF community when I hit the pipeline, and hopefully one day a Team. Thanks for having me.

-Sean
Sean18X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 13:29   #1847
ArmyHopeful
Asset

Introductions

Evening,

My name is Chas Phillips and I am a 4 year member of the US Army. I have been deployed to Fob Shank, Afghanistan for 9 months and am a 15W UAS Operator.
It is a privilege for me to have been recommended to this site, I have read through the many articles and feel that the wealth of knowledge will fully prepare me for the challenges to be found on my May 29th SFAS date.

Thank you and talk soon,
Hopeful
ArmyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 15:38   #1848
RJ0
Asset

I'm just a regular guy. Been searching around the forum for a while now and finally decided to make an account. Thank you for all the QP's out there for the wealth of info on here and as well as everything you have done. I look forward the continued learning I get from this site and all of your first hand experiences and opinions. Thanks again.
RJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 20:27   #1849
Huntster
Asset

Introduction

Salutations,

Respectfully, I would like to introduce myself to the members of the Special Forces Community and to the supporters of this select community. I want to extend a personal greeting to the members, administrators and moderators of the Professional Soldiers site, its forum and its discussion boards.

Hello. I am an American Soldier. As such, I am a professional and exude purpose. I hold myself to the highest standards of excellence and moral conduct. I am committed to the bonds of loyalty and pride and place my faith in the individual and collective strength that these connections instill. I am driven and seek to advance my professional knowledge, technical expertise and warrior competencies.

I look forward to my time on this site and am eager to learn all that this forum has to offer as I continue to improve and enhance my service skill set.

To the few who have gone before, performed and accomplished so much, thank you.

V/R

SPC Exline Starr
John 14:27
Huntster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:04   #1850
Cat Knight
Asset

Hello QP Community,

My name is Dylan and I recently signed my contract as an 18X. I am a 21 year old student with 60+ credits, and I played soccer all throughout my high school and college career. After my first two years at college I realized that I wasn't having as good of a time as I should have been for a student-athlete (literally swamped in schoolwork), so I looked into other options. My grandfather and uncle were in the army, so I talked to them and made the sound decision to join. They urged me to try and be the best soldier I could, and after some research I believed that joining an SF team could maximize my potential, and I believe I can be a positive member of a team.

I ship out May 25, and I have lurked on these forums for a little bit before I eventually created an account. I am looking forward to facing the challenges ahead of me, and I can't wait for basic and selection to begin.

Thanks for reading.
Cat Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 13:59   #1851
bob7
Asset

Hello Everybody,

I found this site while looking for classic, old school Al Mar knife pictures. I am medically retired from the US Army and am using my post 9/11 college fund as a student. I was stationed at Fort Ord, CA at the 7th ID and at Fort Bragg with the 82nd.

I enjoy reading about Vietnam, Special Forces, MACV/SOG, LURPS, the whole stare at goats thing, COL Nick Rowe, SERE training, current events, foreign policy, and Al Mar Knives.

I've been a govt. contractor and have worked for Defense Logistics Agency, and my masters degree will be in logistics mgmt.

I look forward to contributing to this forum.

Thank you,
bob7
bob7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 22:11   #1852
Mwheeler93
Asset

Introduction

Hi all,
I am currently a Junior Accounting major at the University of Oklahoma. After graduating I plan on enlisting in the Army, hopefully with an 18x contract. I have been a member of this forum for about a year, and have been absorbing all of the info I can. Thanks to all the QP's who keep this forum up and running.
Mwheeler93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 17:49   #1853
Dame
Asset

Greetings, Quiet Professionals.

Thank you for your service to our nation.

I've been a lurker for a couple of years, however, it is time to post an introduction. I recently finished two terms as the Chair of the Nevada Governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities. For the last six years I made it my mission to bring the issue of restrictive ROEs to the attention of our Senators and Congressmen as a preventable source of disabilities to our deployed service members.

Having termed out, I've decided to move my volunteer efforts to serving the members of the SF community through Wounded Warriors and the GBF. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send a PM.

Sincerely,
Dame
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:30   #1854
Grey Fox
Asset

68W, Doing the right thing, Upholding the standard, Trying to show that Intestinal Fortitude, Eternally grateful and thankful to the professional soldiers who selflessly serve our country.
Grey Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:15   #1855
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame View Post
Greetings, Quiet Professionals.

Thank you for your service to our nation.

I've been a lurker for a couple of years, however, it is time to post an introduction. I recently finished two terms as the Chair of the Nevada Governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities. For the last six years I made it my mission to bring the issue of restrictive ROEs to the attention of our Senators and Congressmen as a preventable source of disabilities to our deployed service members.
Having termed out, I've decided to move my volunteer efforts to serving the members of the SF community through Wounded Warriors and the GBF. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send a PM.

Sincerely,
Dame
Restrictive ROEs is a product of non-combatant's ie; attorney's & politicians. This is what happens when you allow lawyers to advise battlefield "commanders". The real "commanders" are actually the lawyers.

Otherwise the ROE would be very simple, close with and kill the enemy.

Good luck with that.

Welcome aboard.
Old 05-03-2015, 16:50   #1856
scpyles
Asset

Introduction

Hey guys,

I am a 23 year-old college grad with a degree in Economics from a large state university. After graduating in May 2014, I spent six months teaching English and traveling around Asia, spending a majority of time in China.

I have been interested in joining the military for some time now, and believe that I would excel in a role with Special Forces. I have been in contact with recruiters for almost a year and am hoping to recieve an 18x contract.

I appreciate the insight from commentors on this site and am exicited to contribute.

- scpyles
scpyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 20:35   #1857
Golden Dragon
Asset

Greetings

I'm a Infantry squad leader at 10th Mountain currently looking to expand my knowledge. Before 10MTN I was stationed at 5th RTB and 3ID. I deployed twice to Iraq first as a SAW gunner and later an team leader.

I found this site back in 2010 and have been visiting now and then, just realised I never made a proper introduction.
Golden Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:36   #1858
TAUTATI
Asset

Introduction

Greetings,

I'm a some what recent Army retiree (2012). Please reference my profile for past assignments. I've been checking out this forum for a few years and I enjoy reading the posts of like minded individuals. Thanks for having me.
Old 05-07-2015, 20:04   #1859
ProspectB
Asset

Introduction

Geetings QP and all other members. First off I would like to thank the creator of this page and all who contribute to what it has become. It has been a very insightful tool and also insperational.
I am a student of the SFQC. I am coming from the RA as an 11B, transitioning to become an 18B. I desire to join 7th group when I am Qualified to do so. Thanks For the registration.
ProspectB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 14:24   #1860
Gnorr7
Asset

Intro to professional soldiers

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself as gnorr7. I just turned 19, and i'm currently completing my freshman year of college. I am a two sport athlete I play football (Defensive back), and I run track (400m Hurdles,400m). I have always had interest in joining the army and attempting to become a green beret, but in the last 4 months my interest has become much more serious. I began researching and reading, and have come to the conclusion that attempting to get an 18x contract would be the best fit for me. However since I am 19 I will have to wait until at least next spring before I could enlist. What it comes down to now is deciding on whether or not I want to attempt to earn my degree and try and go the officer route, or enlist when I become of age. In the mean time I will be doing more research on these forums, and anywhere I can find information. Of course all Info/recommendations are welcome. Feel free to Direct message me at anytime.

Also Thank you to all of the Quiet Professionals. For your service, and your time and efforts to this forum. Finding this and reading what you guys have to say has brought me much joy and advice.

Very Respectfully,
gnorr7
Gnorr7 is offline   Reply With Quote