Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 02-23-2015, 07:35   #1786
rbs262
Quiet Professional

Hey Gents,

I graduated the Q-Course (18B) about a year ago and I am currently with 9513. On the civilian side, I'm a Fire Captain and still maintain my Paramedic license.

DOL
Old 02-24-2015, 07:51   #1787
Tepid3
Asset

Introduction

I am a regular guy seeking information about SF. Specifically, I am looking for data regarding the pipeline, selection, and SOPC - The 50 meter target.

V/R,

Tepid3
Tepid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 13:55   #1788
BoomerSooner38
Asset

Hello everyone,

I am currently a second year pharmacy school student at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City, OK. I have always wanted to become a Special Forces soldier and have recently been considering an 18X contract after school. I came across this website while researching Special Forces and thought it would be a great source of information about the community. If everything goes as planned, I will be lucky enough to earn the opportunity to compete to be selected.

Thanks to everyone who has served and those who made this site possible!
BoomerSooner38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 16:48   #1789
HammerTwoZero
Asset

Intro

Hey dudes,

I am 25 and a MA candidate for Global Security Studies at Johns Hopkins. This seems to be the only solid source of intel on the 18X/REP63 program, so I'm excited to get started.

I became interested in the 18X program over 6 years ago and have since read most of the important literature. I'm currently working out some kinks with whether active or guard would be best for my situation but either way I hope to ship by Jan-2016.

I'm in the D.C. area and love to ruck, train, and camp. PM me if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

J

Last edited by HammerTwoZero; 02-24-2015 at 16:50.
HammerTwoZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:36   #1790
Brennus
Asset

Hi all,

I've been around here for awhile as an observer, but I have recently made the first step to obtain an 18x contract. I received a 98 on my ASVAB this morning and will be taking my physical on the 4th. My PFT score is a 271, which I am looking to improve.

A little about me. I have always had an interest in the military and history for as long as I can remember, which has definitely influenced my decision to follow this path. I grew up in the Hudson Valley on the other side of the hills from USMA. I'm an Eagle Scout, and recent college graduate with a BS in Business and Economics. I am currently working within the marketing field.

I don't expect to post much but just to take in as much info as I can.
Brennus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 14:06   #1791
Mac27
Asset

Hello,

Im a 23 year old National Guardsman living in Wyoming. I've been taking in tons of information off of this website for the past couple years. Finally making my first post and becoming part of the forum. Look forward to learning and growing more and more each and every day.

Have a great day all.
Mac27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 14:40   #1792
Rittenhouse
Asset

Introduction

Greetings, gentlemen, and thank you for your participation.

My name is Rittenhouse, from the Buckeye State. Call me what you will. After completing a few BA degrees at University I spent a few years drifting around the East and West coasts, looking for adventure and creative methods of income. That was all fine for awhile. Though where I could never seem to find myself was in the middle of that one extremely unique situation, in which the person working next to you would undoubtedly give anything in order to see you succeed, and vice versa. I'm looking for a brotherhood.

I am currently in the process of joining the US Army. I'm off the street, so to say, a recruit, a greenhorn, but from what I can see from out here looking in it seems that this move is the right one for me, and I plan on sticking around for awhile to be sure. I've narrowed my curiosities down to a handful of jobs that are available in the ranks, for now, and I came to this specific website in order to research and ask a few specific questions regarding the 18 series that are yet to have been answered me. I look forward to learning a few things from you, and I would be grateful for any one of you who is willing to read and respond with some wise advice.

Thank you again for your time and service.

Rittenhouse

Last edited by Rittenhouse; 03-03-2015 at 08:28.
Rittenhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 00:11   #1793
tacmedic 425
Asset

(Re?)Introduction

Gentlemen,

I would have sworn that I introduced myself when I first became a member, but I can't seem to find it now...

My name is Terry and I am a 45 year-old sergeant in the Michigan Army National Guard. I have deployed to Iraq with a LRS-C and to Afghanistan with leg infantry as a company senior medic. My valuable parting gift from Afghanistan was a shoulder surgery, which delayed my plans to go to a selection for a NG SF unit. My shoulder is back to 100% and I am training.

As a civilian I work as a paramedic in a level 1 trauma center's ED and go to school, learning languages and chemistry.

I have read many threads over the years and value your experience and advice.
tacmedic 425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 19:05   #1794
TowerGuy
Asset

My intro...

Hello to everyone.

Been lurking on this great site for a long time. Working my way toward a shot at SFAS, SFQC, and a life in SF. I'm a former Navy radioman, been out a while, entered Army NG last year in WA as 88M but did an inter-state transfer back to my home state of Colorado and reclassed as 11C. Determined to find out what I'm made of and make a difference in this world.

Huge appreciation for all the QPs on here for sharing their knowledge, wisdom, and attitude!
TowerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 16:30   #1795
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

Welcome aboard Gene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstone44 View Post
I found the site in 2008 and signed on. But apparently never introduced myself. I posted on the ANGRC-109 line and it was recommended I do so.

Name: Gene H. Williams
-- Joined army 03 Jan 1965
-- Jun 65 - Benning Jump School then straight to Smoke Bomb Hill
-- Dec 65 - Graduated from SFTG - assigned to 3rd SFG - 05B2S
-- Jul 66 - Assigned to 5th SFG.
-- Jul 66-15 Aug 66 - Nha Trang
-- 15 Aug 66-01 Dec 66 - Commo at B-23 Ban Me Thout (many pics)
-- 01 Dec 66 - late Jul 67 - A-233 Ban Don (Trang Phuc) 05B4S
-- Aug 67-Mar 68 - 10th SFG, Bad Tolz (Lengries), FRG
-- Apr 68-Nov 68 - MACV SOG, FOB-2, Kontum - 1-0 of RT Deleware (succeeded Terry Dahling)
-- ETS - 03 Nov 1968

Subsequently joined the State Department and have spent 25 years out of the last 40 abroad; I've travelled to Afghanistan and Pakistan some 18 times since 9/11. Just back from Africa -- when not traveling, Golf and Opera are two activities I enjoy.

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:52   #1796
Diet Coke
Asset

hi

I use professionalsoldiers.com as my news website. I appreciate you guyses perspective alot more, because mainstream media news outlet talking heads primarily represent hysterical soccer moms and communist cannibals. I have a lot of respect for people that are good at their jobs.

I walked about 1500 miles from syracuse, ny, to St louis, mo. hustled heating pads, hermit crabs, scented candles, wind spinners, etc, in shopping malls for a while, worked with a gypsy barn painting crew for a while, now working my way up the stakes to play poker professionally.

I actually made an account here because I wanted to make a comment in the net neutrality thread.
Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 14:15   #1797
Hoosier90
Asset

Hello all,

I'm mid 20's and college educated. I've got 6 years enlisted TIS in the USAR, all done in an admin role. I've got limited exposure to B Co 2/19th from a couple of years back and am working on a contract to earn a spot with them. I came by to check out the info out there about the NGSF process and eventually connect with others who I might encounter in the pipeline.

Hopefully that didn't come across too much like an eHarmony bio.
Hoosier90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 15:28   #1798
WildCatFootball
Asset

Hello my name is Alex. I want to be in the Amry when I graduate highschool.
WildCatFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 15:33   #1799
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

It is "Army" and your profile is pretty funny.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 17:09   #1800
The Unknown
Asset

Greetings,

I was born in Europe, but finished high school in the US. Graduated from college with the degree in Physiology. One of my most memorable days is when I became a resident of this great country.
I coach water polo in college and own a business, but have always been fascinated with the military and its way of life. I am planning to enlist as 68W and then drop off SF packet as soon as I am eligible(get US Citizenship).
This website is an outstanding source of information and I am very impressed with the knowledge and perception of members of this community.
The Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote