Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-09-2014, 13:15   #1
Sdiver
Area Commander

Green Beret Slams Jesse Ventura

Glad to see someone speaking out about this.

Quote:
GREEN BERET SLAMS JESSE VENTURA: “You’re A Dirtbag Imposter; NEVER F–K With A Fellow Operator’s Family”

Posted on July 9, 2014

By Bryan Sikes, SFC, USA
Clash Daily Guest Columnist

I’m officially calling you out Jesse Ventura, you dirtbag imposter. Let it be known to all that take a minute to read this: if you cannot undeniably prove you were once a SOF guy or a SEAL, it’s because you never were one. I don’t know how it would be possible to be a former/current SOF operator and not have irrefutable proof. The fact that this claim still remains a topic of debate has led me and many others to believe you never were a SEAL.

Jesse, for your own information, just because you may have met an operator in passing or one that allowed you the privilege of shaking their hand, doesn’t make you one. Chasing an alien through the jungle in a movie doesn’t make you one either. But hey, if I’m wrong, then prove it tough guy. Being “sort of” a SEAL doesn’t make you a SEAL. Leading people to believe that you killed people during interviews doesn’t mean you actually killed people either.

Let’s assume for a moment that you actually had the intestinal fortitude to successfully complete any sort of selection course to become an operator; you egregiously violated rule number 1 in Special Operations…You NEVER f*#k with a fellow operator’s family. For those that don’t know, Jesse Ventura is suing Taya Kyle, wife of Chris Kyle and author of the book, American Sniper. Chris Kyle, a man respected by all of SOF, was murdered in 2013 at a gun range and Ventura is suing his wife for…get this…defamation of character? That’s laughable.

I thought you had to have some substance of character to be defamed in the first place?

You’re a joke, plain and simple.

You claim to be a former operator but you are more than willing to violate a sacred rule and sue the wife of one? That’s real badass of you, I’m sure you’ve got a lot of operator friends in your corner on this one. I’ll be the first to tell you, your job offers didn’t dry up as a result of claims made in Kyle’s book about you being punched in the face for running your mouth. They dried up because you’re a washed up loser that has nothing to offer. Worst yet, you’re not even a “has been”, you’re a “never was.” Go back to reporting about conspiracy theories on cable access and late night AM radio.

I know how important it is for you to have your “good name” cleared…..right? You did say in an interview about this pending lawsuit, “It’s not about the money; it’s about clearing my name. It’s a lie.” Well, in the unlikely event you actually win this lawsuit, and it isn’t about the money, I‘d expect you to keep to your word and donate any monetary settlement to the Special Operations Wounded Warrior Foundation or something similar.

In closing, Jesse, I do apologize to you in advance for not writing this in crayon or having pictures for you to follow along with, but maybe you can have your lawyer read it to you. Lastly, you don’t look like a traitor to the military because of Kyle’s claims; you’re a Traitor for going after an operator’s family.

-Bryan Sikes, SFC, USA

http://clashdaily.com/2014/07/green-...rators-family/
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 13:53   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Not a good idea.....

I do believe Bryan Sikes just made an epic error in judgment. Just my opinion.
Old 07-09-2014, 14:18   #3
spottedmedic111
Quiet Professional

Yea, you can't extend yourself like that and be credible. If you have to comment, stick to the facts and avoid hysterics.
spottedmedic111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 18:01   #4
Joker
Quiet Professional

I didn't make it past the first paragraph. JV was a UDT and they consider him a SEAL. His status has been discussed many times in other forums. Poor SA on Sikes part even though JV is a dirt bag, IMO.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 18:21   #5
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I didn't make it past the first paragraph. JV was a UDT and they consider him a SEAL. His status has been discussed many times in other forums. Poor SA on Sikes part even though JV is a dirt bag, IMO.
I have no reason to "slam" Mr. Ventura as I'm not well read on him, or his actions, alleged or otherwise. But, the fact is that he was UDT. That has been verified by other SEALs. UDT members are essentially absorbed into the SEAL community for various legitimate reasons. I believe the author has lost credibility -- not because of his conviction to the issue -- but because he acted forcefully on something that needed no action. That, to me, is a waste of exposure.
Old 07-09-2014, 19:25   #6
PRB
Quiet Professional

I'll slam Ventura...any fool that believes our Govt. executed 9/11 is a freakin fruit cake.
He is a qualified SEAL fruitcake and the asshole is suing a dead SEAL's guys wife because he is butt hurt.
He is a punk fruitcake.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 20:55   #7
Richard
Quiet Professional

Jesse Ventura...

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EYEROLL.jpg (24.2 KB, 49 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:18   #8
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Jesse Ventura...

Richard
or
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rdangerfield.jpg (4.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-10-2014, 07:45   #9
Box
Quiet Professional

Hm sounds like a pretty common theme....

A guy goes to school, get his trident, his tab, his beret, his wings or whatever the hell other baubles you get for going to a cool service school, finishes his enlistment, and moves on to other things. Next thing you know the fellow is a caricature of those that he would otherwise share honor with.
...rinse and repeat.

Deadliest Warrior, Combat Missions, One Man Army, The Unit, and the list goes on...

These are real guys - everyone of them went to a school, went to a team, went to the house, and then went to hollywood!!
It must be said that "real" means different things to different people.
...hell wasnt there even some charachter a few years ago that claimed to be one of the REAL 'men who stare at goats'?

That doesn't mean I would give any of them keys to my team room or even let them work on the B-Team, but they went to school and earned a t-shirt. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth sometimes to say "Yes, I know that guy and yes, he is the real thing"
Now they are "former SOF" and apparently being "former SOF" can bring a pretty decent paycheck.

The real question is rarely about a guy being real or not. The root question is usually, "how did this fucking guy ever get selected" or at least, "what the fuck is this guys deal"?

...just my two cents.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 07-10-2014 at 07:49.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:19   #10
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post

The real question is rarely about a guy being real or not. The root question is usually, "how did this fucking guy ever get selected" or at least, "what the fuck is this guys deal"?

...just my two cents.
Billy, I love the way that you distill things down to the heart of the matter.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:59   #11
Badger52
Area Commander

$1.8M verdict against Kyle estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
I have no idea what he did or didn't do. I know what UDT and SEAL's are/were etc. IMHO that is irrelevant. If he wanted to go after Chris Kyle, fine. We were not there, don't know what happened etc between them. His wife is not respnsable for what happened and anyone that would take a widow to court over something like this is a no good piece of shit. Too bad I used to kind of admire the guy for at least serving his county but his true character and colors have come out over this so FUCK HIM!
I find it sad that the court didn't agree with you & PRB.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:36   #12
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

This was been going before Kyle was killed, it has been on talk shows and Kyle retold his story on T.V. IMO to sell his book on Bill O'Reilly.

I doubt the incident happened and I think JV has a right to clear his name p
publically since the alledged incident was used publically to sell a book.

Sikes is doing the same publicity crap to set something up for himself, maybe a book or some face time on cable ??? I would bet on it.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:54   #13
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
I doubt the incident happened ......
Something happened and witnesses were called. LINK

I can't find any article citing a witness that saw an actual strike but, it seems, more than one witness saw Ventura on the ground.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:05   #14
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocIllinois View Post
This plus a defamation suit against Christ Kyle's estate is going to tie up Mr. Ventura for quite a while.
Seeing JV tied up, , might be a very good thing.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:25   #15
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Yea he had a right to clear his name, but IMHO the offender is dead and taking his widow to court tells me all I need to know about him. Why not make a public statement to the effect of he stands by what he said and disagrees with Kyles story. Since the man is dead he is not going to drag is widow and family members through a court battle and let them grieve in peace and get on with their lives. I didn't see his family on TV talking shit about Ventura. Why should she pay both with money and emotionally for the actions of her dead husband just because Jessie is butt hurt.

At the end of the day if Kyle was honest he kicked the shit out of a senior citizen. Not something I would Bragg about myself.[/QUOTE]

He did not take Kyles widow to court he sued Chris who did give a deposition with witnesses who were so inconsistent it was clear to the court that it was fabricated.

After he was killed the lawsuit was shifted to the estate not his wife, she was the executor.

She did not have to pay for any lawyers they were covered by insurance once Chris was gone. JV's lawyers will take most of his winnings.

Bottom line is this Chris Kyle used the"scruffy face" incident to sale his book on TV interviews where he named Ventura as being anti U.S. which he made millions from. He sat on Fox news telling the story while promoting the book.

The court determined that 1.8 million from the estate would be equal to the amount of damage from the profits of the book would cover it. JV is now pursuing the publisher to have the incident removed from the book and for their failure to thoroughly research the truth.

Case in Point the movie Munich is based of "Vengeance" a book written by the tm leader Yuval Aviv. Steven Spielberg had extensive investigations done to check the actual facts by checking records and witnesses to incidents to ensure he was portraying the events correctly.

Now I am curious why would JV be vilified for wanting his name cleared from the damage Kyle's claims did? Since when is seeking the truth make someone a dirtbag? It is not about being butt hurt it is about the truth and Kyle using an untruth to boost the sales of his book.

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 07-31-2014 at 09:23.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote