Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Old 01-03-2013, 07:09   #31
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Actually that might be a true quote..... I've been on missions that might not be declassified. Lots of missions are classified and many not declassified.
Unless it's, "They'll never declassify the missions I went on. I was Spec Ops."

One time this lady at a Harris Teeter who knew my wife said, "Oh, you're wearing your Green Beret in public? My nephew's in Special Services, but they won't let him wear his in public."
Old 01-11-2013, 00:16   #32
Flashbang12
Quiet Professional

During my Christmas leave...

I heard once"oh that was a long time ago...I don't remember.."

How can any QP forget any team they were actually on!
Flashbang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 16:08   #33
BuckiBill
Quiet Professional

I have started saving ones I have been involved with outing. Here are my top three so far. The last is a SEAL I outed but it's still a classic. The spelling errors are their own;

1) You cannot volunteer for this work (I certainly did not know anything about this group, until I got orders with a strange name. I had never heard about, nor anyone who I knew, know anything about this command, even the detailler.). This I know: You are selected after several years in the service by a strange process, which I have no "Need to Know". At AFB McDill Tampa, FL, JOINT SOC is not authorized to use these assets, nor do they fall under their command structure for your information. There is a node at Fort Bragg, North Carolina in the Army (I often PREPOSIT for deployment from there, hopping flights out of AFB Pope), which has the classified knowledge. Another node with knowledge is at Hurlburt Field AFB in Florida (I often trained there). The concentration for the Navy is located at Little Creek Navy Amphibious Base, Norfolk, Virginia and San Diego, California (which has a sub team in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.). The tasking is not like DELTA, Army SF, Air Force SF, its more brains for the destruction and the disruption of the Command and Control assets of an OPFOR. All the rest is pure PFM or classified... That's is all I can say on the unclassified version...

2) Fort Brag shooting range, you guys shoot situate, we fire for points of accuracy scoring. You required us to shoot in your range, which I considered a waste of time, so I asked a Sgt. Brown, not to shoot at his target to go high. I put 40/40 on the marks on his target, none on mine, because I had orders not to display my marksmanship and weapons proficiency. You guys had a big laugh! Sgt. Brown was the best shot of the day, I made his day! Then to give yourselves a bigger laugh, you had medical give us the Plaque inoculation to my chief and me, it put him down for four days, three for me and I so wanted to watch a football game on TV that night. You guys are a barrel of laughs, but SAS is worse!

This 3rd one is a SEAL poser I outed but it's still classic:

3) when my career ended, there were several security issues surrounding my service and what had happened on a specific op… i (and the govt went through great legnths to ensure i was “erased” from specop service..i at time went along with…due to my becoming disenfranchised by things we all had learned our govt was into… during our service…i have always held that i am not responsible to validate myself in any regard to any person..i know what and who i am..and you or any other person can take that at face value of the alternative(ur choice)
 back to the beginning.
 Lo, they do call to me.
 They bid me take my place among them
 in the halls of Valhalla
 where the brave may live forever.
BuckiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 17:22   #34
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckiBill View Post
i
Don't we have a rather new member on the board now that likes to use the lowercase personal pronoun?

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 17:41   #35
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Don't we have a rather new member on the board now that likes to use the lowercase personal pronoun?
I vote for MR2 to replace Richard.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29   #36
sharkmanII
Quiet Professional

And yet another

First let me say "Long time away and it's good to be back"! So I have a suspected poser at my work, I will confirm or deny via the appropriate means. He greeted me on the first morning we met with, "Greetings SF brother, man these folks just don't know what we went through". I had no idea who or what he was. So after quite some time of enduring what I believe to be BS claims he has told me the following. 1. He retired in 89 after a high profile career with 10th. 2. He never went to jump school because the Group commander just had him "jump with the gang" and blessed him with his wings. 3. Ater completing survival school for his tab, he was told he was the only person to ever put weight on during the course, and this was due to his superior survival skills that the school would probably have to adopt (he never did say if they did or not). 3. His missions were so classified that no one in the Group knew that his team weas even there or what they were doing. 4. During his time in group he constantly ran sub 3 hour marathons to stay in shape and on his 4 mile PT runs his times were usually 18-21 minutes. 5. He was a constant gym rat and daily benched 375, 3 sets of 10. 6. Delta was an idea he came up with and when he told somebody(?), they liked it and asked him to help develop the model. Maybe I am wrong and he is what he says, and if so, then maybe I should be envious. I was going to let sleeping DAWGS lie with his claims until he has recently started touting his SF days in meetings when my past is mentioned!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37   #37
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkmanII View Post
I will confirm or deny via the appropriate means.
Really? No need to by his OTF statements.
Old 01-23-2013, 17:19   #38
ddoering
Quiet Professional

What's his name? I spent some time in the 10th during the same time frame.
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 17:26   #39
Richard
Quiet Professional

"Alec - I'll take "Posers" for $1000."

"His missions were so classified that no one in the Group knew that his team was even there or what they were doing."

"What is BS."

And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 17:31   #40
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
"Alec - I'll take "Posers" for $1000."

"His missions were so classified that no one in the Group knew that his team was even there or what they were doing."

"What is BS."

And so it goes...

Richard
lol
Old 02-16-2013, 13:25   #41
ODA CDR (RET)
Quiet Professional

And if you keep harrassing me about it.......

I'm contacting my attorney and pressing charges against you!
USA Ranger Assoc. Life member #LRR4625
DAV Life Member Chapter #46
"The 1000"
ODA CDR (RET) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 14:57   #42
Paradude54
Quiet Professional

"I was in black ops, and since we had long hair and didn't wear U.S. uniforms there's no record of my service."

Seriously. I ran into this idiot a few months after 9/11 when I was taking a welding class and SF were the first guys in Afghanistan. He was only 21 or 22 tops. I pulled out my coin and put it on the table. His response, "what's that?"
Paradude54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 22:55   #43
UWOA (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Location: You can't get here from there; you have to go someplace else first.
I can't listen to Eagles music ....

My fondest recollection was when I was reassigned to the Marion County Jail (Indianapolis) as the day shift commander after I made Lieutenant (LEO rank) in 1994. A deputy on the main desk asked me to come by on the first day. Ed Sosbe had served with the 1st Cav in RVN as a medic (he's since passed away from cancer due to Agent Orange exposure). Anyway, he tells me that he has someone (a correctional officer) that he wants me to meet. Shortly thereafter this overweight officer in his late twenties/early thirties comes into the room. I'm in my Lieutenant's uniform and this kid is in his correctional uniform.

My buddy introduces the guy (whose name I now don't remember, but starts with a "D", because we had no contact after this meeting) and says that we probably know many of the same people. He says, "Colonel R, I'd like you to meet C.O. "D"; he was in Special Forces in Viet Nam when he was captured by the NVA and held as a prisoner of war. They tortured him with Eagles music which is why we can't play it on the floors, because it drives him crazy." He looked directly into the guy's eyes and then said, "Colonel R is both Special Forces and a Ranger."

Before I could even get a word out of my mouth, the guy turns around and walks out of the jail. Later on I looked up his information in our personnel records and found that he would have been eight years old during the last year of the war. Just shows to go ya ....

Don't know where I'm goin', but there's no use in bein' late.
I've never been lost. I've been a mite confused at times, but never lost.
I'm not lost! I know where I am; I just don't know where everybody else is.

Last edited by UWOA (RIP); 07-14-2013 at 23:02.
UWOA (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 13:51   #44
S. B. Newman
Quiet Professional

You just wouldn't believe.

You wouldn't believe the crap I heard come out of peoples mouths while I toured the country last year. At one Gun show in San Antonio, I had a guy tell me he was Special Forces... He went on and on and on about the training he went through, shooting all kinds of guns, he named them off and how he could blast away with an AK... yakity, yakity yakity yak... When he finally stopped talking I asked him. Do you know Robin Sage? "Oh yea I know him! He's a great dude man!"

My favorite is what I call "The Twenty Question Dick Dance" and then after you finally get to ask just one question, What unit were you in? They shout, "5th Group Nam " and stomp away acting like they are pissed off. Me thinks not Brother!

I could go on and on but will spare you all! Just let me say that it has been my experience that 99.9% of real SF Guys are glad to meet a brother and will give you a man hug. Or at a minimum offer to shake hands. I've seen it over and over again.
S. B. Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 14:22   #45
Richard
Quiet Professional

A leg cook assigned to a Group during the short period in which the CDR USSOCOM authorized ALL personnel assigned to an SF unit to wear the green beret regardless of whether or not they were SF qualified:

I can call myself a Green Beret veteran because the Army gave me one to wear.

Classic.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote