Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-31-2014, 11:00   #16
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
The court determined that 1.8 million from the estate would be equal to the amount of damage from the profits of the book would cover it. JV is now pursuing the publisher to have the incident removed from the book and for their failure to thoroughly research the truth.
The last thing is, from what I read, a part of the verdict's settlement. Should increase the value of an un-redacted copy by at least 10 cents. And $500K of that 1.8M is specifically on the publisher (covered by their insurance) on the due-diligence issue.

Ventura got what he wanted. I bet those TV, film, and speaking offers will come rolling back in now.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:25   #17
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
Yea he had a right to clear his name, but IMHO the offender is dead and taking his widow to court tells me all I need to know about him. Why not make a public statement to the effect of he stands by what he said and disagrees with Kyles story. Since the man is dead he is not going to drag is widow and family members through a court battle and let them grieve in peace and get on with their lives. I didn't see his family on TV talking shit about Ventura. Why should she pay both with money and emotionally for the actions of her dead husband just because Jessie is butt hurt.

At the end of the day if Kyle was honest he kicked the shit out of a senior citizen. Not something I would Bragg about myself.

He did not take Kyles widow to court he sued Chris who did give a deposition with witnesses who were so inconsistent it was clear to the court that it was fabricated.

After he was killed the lawsuit was shifted to the estate not his wife, she was the executor.

She did not have to pay for any lawyers they were covered by insurance once Chris was gone. JV's lawyers will take most of his winnings.

Bottom line is this Chris Kyle used the"scruffy face" incident to sale his book on TV interviews where he named Ventura as being anti U.S. which he made millions from. He sat on Fox news telling the story while promoting the book.

The court determined that 1.8 million from the estate would be equal to the amount of damage from the profits of the book would cover it. JV is now pursuing the publisher to have the incident removed from the book and for their failure to thoroughly research the truth.

Case in Point the movie Munich is based of "Vengeance" a book written by the tm leader Yuval Aviv. Steven Spielberg had extensive investigations done to check the actual facts by checking records and witnesses to incidents to ensure he was portraying the events correctly.

Now I am curious why would JV be vilified for wanting his name cleared from the damage Kyle's claims did? Since when is seeking the truth make someone a dirtbag? It is not about being butt hurt it is about the truth and Kyle using an untruth to boost the sales of his book.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you. He has the right to clear his name or what ever was injured by the statement in the book and interviews.

I thought he was a POS way before this issue. He is also a major stock holder in the Tin Foil category.......
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote