Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > National Guard SF Groups > 20th Group

Old 12-10-2009, 18:04   #16
hakuda
Asset

Just to be sure, did you send a letter or an email? I checked today and the NCO's responsible for handling those questions seem to remember you. One even seems to remember telling you, or another with the same issue as you, that you needed to get to MEPS and request an SF physical. If you could pass that or get the waiver required, you could get into a regular unit and then come to us to persue further aspirations.

If this was not the case, PM me your name and I will check again to ensure you get the correct guidance. I can attest that our office receives 25-30 calls a week, not to mention all the emails, from folks inquiring about joining the unit. Of those, maybe 1 or 2 ever actually show up. If you were somehow overlooked, which I doubt happened, I apologize. Feel free to call us again as well. I assure you we are there.
hakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 20:08   #17
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
I can attest to that. For the lurkers out there, I did EXACTLY what abc_123 said above:

1) contacted MSG Edwards
2) didn't get that "warm & fuzzy" from one recruiter, so contacted another in different state
3) I'm finally heading to WTC next month.

I initially had a "misunderstanding" with a recruiter in KY but the guys in MS (SFC Summers (RIP) & SFC Lott) understood my prior service background, what I wanted to do as a soldier, & what skills I could bring to the fight. SFC Lott worked on my enlistment for 4 freakin' months! (med waiver, day job TDY, then rank approval at the highest State level.)

Some folks at work do ask why I'm going to MS to drill...it's about the people, both in the BSC and the line company that's here in MD.
Lindy,

Good for you. I spent 7 yrs in that BN.

PM me with your story. I want specifics on this "misunderstanding." If you caused it, don't bother... but if we have a recruiter that is sub par then I want details.

Last edited by abc_123; 12-10-2009 at 20:10.
abc_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 20:13   #18
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakuda View Post
Just to be sure, did you send a letter or an email? I checked today and the NCO's responsible for handling those questions seem to remember you. One even seems to remember telling you, or another with the same issue as you, that you needed to get to MEPS and request an SF physical. If you could pass that or get the waiver required, you could get into a regular unit and then come to us to persue further aspirations.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:58   #19
Found Wanting
Asset

Hello and thank you all for your responses, I appreciate your input. I did not realize I was conveying such “emotion” or a sense of “drama” as some have said. This was not my intent although I realize something is lost in the written word and is left open for individual interpretation. Thanks again and PMs are sent.
Found Wanting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:36   #20
hakuda
Asset

Your PM was replied to.

To update those of interest, he contacted a recruiter that works helping us. He didn't contact the unit directly but the advice still holds. He has been given contact info for the armory and further guidance.
hakuda is offline   Reply With Quote