Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > National Guard SF Groups > 20th Group

Old 03-15-2012, 06:28   #16
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Pls x-splain?

The unit is 8 yo and no-one has completed SFQC???
He meant there aren't any SF guys working at the NCNG state HQ in Raleigh.

One of the problems with having guys at state is where their loyalties lie and what there intentions are. Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:37   #17
hakuda
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric View Post
He meant there aren't any SF guys working at the NCNG state HQ in Raleigh.

One of the problems with having guys at state is where their loyalties lie and what there intentions are. Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG.
That's exactally what I meant. My apologies for the confusion. We have a couple of people that are at the point they could move on and spread the good word, but are holding until the new unit gets here.
hakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:48   #18
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG.
You, SSG, are wise well beyond your years. I'm modifying your quote and will proceed to steal it.

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 14:57   #19
2018commo
Quiet Professional

"Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG."

That is one of the one liners I have read on this site lately; unfortunately it was not meant to be satire. Applies to a couple other states too.

Jump Street Never Ends

“There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go, no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone”

"Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you"
2018commo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 15:55   #20
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG.
You could place 'em here:

Headquarters
13th Science Fiction Group (Ash and Trash)
1st Social Favortism Regiment (Territorial Reserve)
1313 17th Street E
Palmetto, FL 34221**

CDR - COL (self-proclaimed) William Hiller
DCO - LTC (honorary Spetznaz self-proclamation) John Giduck
SGM - SGM (self-abused) John Letuli

"I must say, that after spending the day with Colonel Hiller and his fine outfit of young tigers, I was impressed and just want to tell you that I think he's got himself one heck of a group of gung-ho Americans we can all be proud of out there."

- President Barack Obama after visiting the 13th for a recent CAPEX

Richard

** Google maps
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 19:39   #21
chemical cookie
Asset

Hmmm

Quote:
I know a good many guys (probably about 2 ODAs worth) who are going to IST, even though it will be a further drive than just transferring to Aco, just to get out of Alabama. This includes 2 of the current AGR guys and a team sergeant whom many in the BN are hoping makes SGM this year (should happen if the Alabama good-ole-boy network doesn't get in the way and screw him, again.)

We will see what the future holds for the company for sure.
You wouldn't be talking about who I think you are are ya?!
chemical cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:46   #22
JCJ
Quiet Professional

IST complete

I transferred recently due to the distance of travel. I hear from some friends from other ODA's that instead of having to transfer out of the state they are rolling over to A Co..

Drake Sabitch: I'm not far from dragging you out of the car and beating you to dust.
Steve Dodds: You should work up to that, kinda leaves you nowhere to go.

-Blacksheep-
JCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:33   #23
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
...I hear from some friends from other ODA's that instead of having to transfer out of the state they are rolling over to A Co..
That is in fact the case. For many the distance to the new location is prohibitive for them so they are just transferring to Aco. The guys who are ISTing from Alabama are the guys who arent a part of that good-ole-boy network in 'Bama and/or are fed up with the shenanigans that went on, due to a lack of true leadership, during this last rotation. Hopefully the new 1st BN CDR will not be like the last...

There are also a few who have completely transferred to CF units as well waiting to see how things shake out. This last trip really soured a lot of good SF guys.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 07-11-2012 at 07:39.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:48   #24
JCJ
Quiet Professional

IST complete

Quote:
That is in fact the case. For many the distance to the new location is prohibitive for them so they are just transferring to Aco. The guys who are ISTing from Alabama are the guys who arent a part of that good-ole-boy network in 'Bama and/or are fed up with the shenanigans that went on, due to a lack of true leadership, during this last rotation. Hopefully the new 1st BN CDR will not be like the last...

There are also a few who have completely transferred to CF units as well waiting to see how things shake out. This last trip really soured a lot of good SF guys.
When I made my move I played the political angle to make sure where I went was going to be a change and I even considered talking to some good friends with 3rd and even 7th. I did meet the incoming CDR seems very pro active time will tell for sure. Unit has great guys in the teams for sure. Some did go to CF and others are going to take "the long walk". The team I was lucky enough to get picked up by is full of pipe hitters and I seem to be a good fit again time will tell!

It was nice to get a good verbal thrashing from and unnamed entity and the whole time he stared at the floor! HMMMMMM no eye contact makes ya think.......

The last trip was tough for sure...... I am sure I do not have to add to whats been said.

Drake Sabitch: I'm not far from dragging you out of the car and beating you to dust.
Steve Dodds: You should work up to that, kinda leaves you nowhere to go.

-Blacksheep-
JCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:02   #25
Jdad3406
Asset

Bco 1/20th SF Tryouts

I hope this is not a question that has already been answered. When will Bco be accepting applicants for SFRE? The future site is closer to me then B/3/20th is and would be interested in starting the process or at least getting the information I need.

Thank you
Old 08-21-2012, 17:57   #26
hakuda
Asset

The unit hasn't stood up as of yet. There is still an AGR position to be filled and everything is still in the process of getting up and running. If I had to ballpark it, I would say beginning of the year at the earliest depending on how quickly things can be put into place.

If you are in a hurry, we are still running the program at B/3/20. PM me if you need contact info.
hakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 23:02   #27
D9 (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Pls x-splain?

The unit is 8 yo and no-one has completed SFQC???
http://johnmasson.com/The_Story_Of_A_True_America.html

Q-course: completed.