Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > National Guard SF Groups > 20th Group

Old 06-09-2010, 16:44   #1
zoolander6
Quiet Professional

for the HALO guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQ1q...layer_embedded

FOR THE MODS:

im posting this in the 20th group section, because thats where i am. I didnt see a HALO or off topic section so i apologize in advance.
zoolander6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 16:49   #2
Irish_Army01
Guerrilla

Very Ballsy lol..
Irish_Army01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 17:54   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
FF says...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Good_Marine.jpg (54.3 KB, 327 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:56   #4
tst43
Guerrilla

I admire the guy's courage, but man, that looked a little gay.
tst43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 15:50   #5
fng13
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tst43 View Post
I admire the guy's courage, but man, that looked a little gay.
I think that sums that up pretty well. Ofcourse as with all mtv stunt reality shows I wonder how much cocaine he just did off camera.
Old 06-10-2010, 19:27   #6
Green Light
Quiet Professional

This MFF JM says:

IDIOT!

BTW, the pilot in command cannot allow anyone to exit an aircraft without being attached to a parachute. I'm not sure what all the FAA can do to any of the blisterheads, but it can at the very least pull the license of the pilot. They'd probably descend on the drop zone operator and go through all of the maintenance records, etc. It's easy to find a violation. Then they shut them down for good.

I wonder what they would have done with the video if the guy bounced?

"If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference does it make to me?"
TJ
Green Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 19:43   #7
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Light View Post
This MFF JM says:

Bounce?

Or maybe just splat..

Like a bug on the windshield...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b042_despair_posters_sanity.jpg (22.0 KB, 221 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 19:58   #8
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
It would have been auctioned at Christie's . . . . and the bidding would have been brisk.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 20:03   #9
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
This MFF JM says:

IDIOT!

BTW, the pilot in command cannot allow anyone to exit an aircraft without being attached to a parachute. I'm not sure what all the FAA can do to any of the blisterheads, but it can at the very least pull the license of the pilot. They'd probably descend on the drop zone operator and go through all of the maintenance records, etc. It's easy to find a violation. Then they shut them down for good.

You can bet that it was done "Off-Shore" and where the "Regs" do not prohibit this!!!

Later
Martin
Old 06-10-2010, 20:18   #10
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
You can bet that it was done "Off-Shore" and where the "Regs" do not prohibit this!!!

Later
Martin

No, this act of stupidity was done in Puerto Rico. Subsequently, it still falls under the FAA and as such Travis Pastrana's membership with the United States Parachute Association (USPA) has been revoked. I am unaware of the FAAs response to the event as I do not know if it was brought to their attention or if the pilot could be identified.

Travis might be "the Man" in the motor cross world and on Nitro circus but this event,while well planned out from what has been told about the events/preparation leading up to the stunt, did nothing but shed a bad light on the rest of the skydiving world in the eyes of the FAA and the general public.

It was a dumb stunt done simply to promote one of his sponsors (Red Bull) without regards to the laws and the negative light it would bring on the sport of skydiving and skydiving operations.

BLUF: Travis Pastrana is an ass clown.
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:49   #11
fng13
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Zero Three View Post
No, this act of stupidity was done in Puerto Rico. Subsequently, it still falls under the FAA and as such Travis Pastrana's membership with the United States Parachute Association (USPA) has been revoked. I am unaware of the FAAs response to the event as I do not know if it was brought to their attention or if the pilot could be identified.

Travis might be "the Man" in the motor cross world and on Nitro circus but this event,while well planned out from what has been told about the events/preparation leading up to the stunt, did nothing but shed a bad light on the rest of the skydiving world in the eyes of the FAA and the general public.

It was a dumb stunt done simply to promote one of his sponsors (Red Bull) without regards to the laws and the negative light it would bring on the sport of skydiving and skydiving operations.

BLUF: Travis Pastrana is an ass clown.
He also clearly litters. Just saying.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:45   #12
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post

Later
Martin
AM,

I don't know? These guys do some seriously stupid shit CONUS. I have seen a few videos of them base jumping at the PALMS in Vegas and this is the second or third video I have seen by him or his crew doing jumps very similar to this.

I remember my Dad used to say. "Son, there are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots" I'm thinking that although these guys are good, they are stupid and someone at some point is going to die with the stuff they pull.

Just my .02 cents
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:27   #13
koz
Quiet Professional

I think AM is saying they probably were CONUS but when they were reported, the pilot probably said they weren't in the US - otherwise he would have had his license pulled. Pastrana was kicked out of the USPA for this stunt. FAA regs prohibit a pilot allowing an intentional jump without TSO'd equipment.

Many of the BASE jumps these guys do are legal as the owner of the buildings have given permission for them to jump and "ensured" that the area below was clear as not to endanger anyone.
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:54   #14
mojaveman
Area Commander

Do you think that they practiced the link-up in a wind tunnel a few times before trying this?

Seems the crazy ones always provide for good entertainment...

Last edited by mojaveman; 06-15-2010 at 12:10.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:18   #15
Counsel
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Zero Three View Post
No, this act of stupidity was done in Puerto Rico.
Damn. Why is it that everytime it looks like PR is always in the middle of some shit?

It has to be the heat!
"Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler. Just like I'd shoot a snake!"

Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Counsel is offline   Reply With Quote