Old 06-18-2005, 19:22   #1
AmericanPride

POC at 5th group

Well, my time at the schoolhouse is drawing near it's end. It was suggested to us to start making contact with our groups around this time frame.
However, we weren't given the appropriate contact numbers. I've been doing some searching on my own, and have not come up with much. Anyone that would be willing to help me out or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in Advance.

AP- Trying not to be the new guy running around with blasting caps in his nose, and a demo knife.
Old 06-18-2005, 19:33   #2
lksteve
Quiet Professional

here's another set of numbers...don't know if they are the same ones given you...
http://www.campbell.army.mil/5thsfg.htm
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 20:05   #3
AmericanPride

Those are either the ones I got or came up with. I wasn't sure if calling the CSM or 1SG was a smartest way to go though...maybe an S shop though. Thank you.
Old 06-18-2005, 20:22   #4
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride
I wasn't sure if calling the CSM or 1SG was a smartest way to go though...maybe an S shop though. Thank you.
you're going to meet them anyway...no guts, no glory...what can they do? bend your dogtags and send you to the box? hell, that's gonna happen anyway...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 06-18-2005, 21:56   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Call the CSM. What's a 1SG?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 22:23   #6
Marauder06
Asset

Who do you want to talk to S-shop-wise? I've probably got an old phone list around somewhere.
Marauder06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:11   #7
AmericanPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Call the CSM. What's a 1SG?
1st Sergeant....am I about to walk into an ambush here?

lksteve- sounds like something you'd tell the new guy to do, then tell everyone else "hey watch this sh*t" j/k Thanks again.

mara- Well, I'm not exactly sure, hoping someone here could point me in the right direction, I may just throw the dice and use one of the numbers I got. My few years in regular Army just keep telling me that calling a CSM may not be a very well thought out plan of action.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:17   #8
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

There are First Sergeants in SF Battalions now? Are you looking for a support job or to get on an ODA?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-19-2005, 09:40   #9
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride
lksteve- sounds like something you'd tell the new guy to do, then tell everyone else "hey watch this sh*t"
not really...honest...for starters, if you call the CSMs office, chances are the SDNCO or someone in S1 will pick up the phone...

and like i said, you are going to meet the gentleman anyway...
Old 06-19-2005, 14:15   #10
AmericanPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
There are First Sergeants in SF Battalions now? Are you looking for a support job or to get on an ODA?
I'm pretty sure they are only in HSC or GSC, the 1SGs' were just listed in with the group of numbers...and get on an ODA of course.
Old 06-19-2005, 15:57   #11
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Then go see the CSM
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 07-28-2008, 22:03   #12
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Agree with the CSM as initial POC

That's one of the many things the CSM does . Blitz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:39   #13
AmericanPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
That's one of the many things the CSM does . Blitz
3 years later on this one huh?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:15   #14
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
3 years later on this one huh?

If you didn't tell him he would never have caught on......