Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Library

Old 10-31-2012, 07:54   #1
JimP
Quiet Professional

Timely Book WRT recent discussions

I cleared this topic through the Team Sergerant as I didn't want to fluff my own material on his site.

Recent discussions about the failure of our Generals; ridiculous political decisions; and an outright culture of lying, deceipt and discombobulation by our so-called "leaders" leads me to pimp my book here.

The book is titled: "FIGHTING TODAY'S WARS, How America's Leaders Have failed Our Warriors." It is a book a buddy and myself wrote about the perversion of what our "leaders" - both military and political - have done to our forces over the last couple of decades. The last 10 years of war have only increased the lunacy of some of this claptrap and I fear that as the wars wind down, we will incuicate many of the WRONG lessons learned, to the detriment and safety of our troops.

Everything in the book was either witnessed by myself, my co-author or someone I have been to war with and can trust my life. Much of it is funny (if you've been downrange in the last 10 years you'll immediately recognize much of the buffonery), but it is deadly serious and explains just how we have strayed from destroying our Nation's enemies to a quasi-political entity led by "company-men" more intent on getting their next star than on accomplishing the mission at hand. The sacrifice by our troops is the stuff of legend yet our senior leaders have betrayed the trust and confidence of the rank and file.

Worse, the manner in which our forces are being used is a credible threat to our Constitutional Republic and threatens to break the bond between our citizen-soldier and the public at large. These days we are desperately in search of a Cincinnatus. Instead we get a leadership who refuse to identify the enemy; refuse to apply our doctrine to the fight at hand; and refuse to stand up and "speak the truth to power" to those pushing the military into unwinnable objectives.

It will not only clarify the "why" of volatile situations such as Benghazi, but how we got there in the first place.

It is available at Amazon and all the major book stores. You can read it and post your comments - both good and bad - as we need to get the national dialogue going on just what the role of our military needs to be and how we choose to "manage" and lead the force.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:43   #2
MR2
Quiet Professional

Ordered. Be advised, Amazon only has few copies left.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47   #3
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

As per your web site commo plan, I just sent an inquiry about purchasing an autographed copy.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46   #4
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Recent discussions about the failure of our Generals; ridiculous political decisions; and an outright culture of lying, deceipt and discombobulation by our so-called "leaders" leads me to pimp my book here.
Another book about the Civil War?

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22   #5
JimP
Quiet Professional

Richard - no kidding huh?? At least during the Civil war they FIRED non-performing generals. Now-a-days we promote them so they can pollute a bigger universe.

I haven't yet got a request for an autographed book but will re-check the systems. If anyone wants a copy - shoot me a PM and for 13 bucks, I'll send you a copy (that covers the cost of the book to ME and postage. No money being made off "friends and family").

Jim
Old 11-29-2012, 17:40   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Richard - no kidding huh?? At least during the Civil war they FIRED non-performing generals.
Actually, that is debatable.

The Peter Principle was in effect then as well.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 17:31   #7
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Not sure how I missed this the first time around, but I just ordered a copy. Jim, I still owe you beer.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:53   #8
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Damn I am sorry I missed this first time around! PM sent.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:29   #9
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

I missed this as well. PM inbound...

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 15:00   #10
JimP
Quiet Professional

Hey guys, I appreciate all the renewed interest!! I am in temporary digs in Alabama at present and awaiting my new gig to start up.....(if it ever does). Let me look around to see if I have a few copies in storage (I previously brought all my weapons and ammo down here and may have tossed a few in storage). I'll check and get back to you all. I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Also - me and the same cat plus the Army's former senior SERE dude co-wrote another book that is out this month dealing with the militarization of the Police. it is called "VIRTUOUS POLICING - BRIDGING THE GULF BETWEEN POLICE AND POPULACE". It is published via CRC press but it is a bit pricey at present. meant to be more of a horn book/text book for Criminal Justice majors and the law enforcement community. Some of you all that have professional accounts may find it interesting.
Old 08-26-2015, 18:18   #11
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Hey guys, I appreciate all the renewed interest!!
I appreciated the kind words with my copy then Jim, as now. Prominently on my shelf & still gets a re-read. Hopefully you can ferret out a few copies for those late to the table. Good luck with the new gig!
2x thumbsup

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:57   #12
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional

Appreciate the heads-up

Quote:
Hey guys, I appreciate all the renewed interest!! I am in temporary digs in Alabama at present and awaiting my new gig to start up.....(if it ever does). Let me look around to see if I have a few copies in storage (I previously brought all my weapons and ammo down here and may have tossed a few in storage). I'll check and get back to you all. I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Also - me and the same cat plus the Army's former senior SERE dude co-wrote another book that is out this month dealing with the militarization of the Police. it is called "VIRTUOUS POLICING - BRIDGING THE GULF BETWEEN POLICE AND POPULACE". It is published via CRC press but it is a bit pricey at present. meant to be more of a horn book/text book for Criminal Justice majors and the law enforcement community. Some of you all that have professional accounts may find it interesting.
Just ordered it shipped to my Kindle. If I ever figure out how you can electronically autograph it, you'll be hearing from me!
SouthernDZ is offline   Reply With Quote