Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-17-2020, 22:16   #16
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Thanks, Tonyz. VDH is a tremendous intellect, I am glad he is on our side. I agree- I hope Durham and Barr have the courage to go after these people to include Clapper, Brennan AND Hillary...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 13:58   #17
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

TWO TIER JUSTICE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
Thanks, Tonyz. VDH is a tremendous intellect, I am glad he is on our side. I agree- I hope Durham and Barr have the courage to go after these people to include Clapper, Brennan AND Hillary...
I am NOT an advocate nor do I support "STREET JUSTICE". Unfortunately I can see this coming if the deep state actors are not held accountable for their blatant crimes. The Italian dictator Benito Mussolini, " il DU.ce" along with his paramour Lisa P. were the recipients of an angry populations retribution... I know that wasn't mussolini's girlfriend's name !!!!!
Old 02-19-2020, 20:35   #18
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
I am NOT an advocate nor do I support "STREET JUSTICE". Unfortunately I can see this coming if the deep state actors are not held accountable for their blatant crimes. The Italian dictator Benito Mussolini, " il DU.ce" along with his paramour Lisa P. were the recipients of an angry populations retribution... I know that wasn't mussolini's girlfriend's name !!!!!
Unfortunately, I agree with you!
Old 02-20-2020, 07:25   #19
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
J Edgar H started this from the get go..
BINGO!

VDH provided an excellent treatise on the rise and fall of institutional cultures. In that light, if JJ is right (I think he is) the corrupt FBI culture may have attained a level of immortality?

What then is the appropriate corrective course of action?
Old 02-20-2020, 08:19   #20
bubba
Quiet Professional

"Say When,...."

I'm your huckleberry...…

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Not cherry picking, but seriously, when does it reach that threshold?
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 18:05   #21
grog18b
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
BINGO!

VDH provided an excellent treatise on the rise and fall of institutional cultures. In that light, if JJ is right (I think he is) the corrupt FBI culture may have attained a level of immortality?

What then is the appropriate corrective course of action?
The agency was created by a politician.

It can be disbanded by a politician.

The money to pay all those agents, supervisors, and leaders, comes from the Government. Cut off all funding. No one works for free...

Remove all Federal authority from that agency.

The State agency I worked for was granted it's authority by the Admin Act of 1923... If an Act granted that authority, another Act can revoke it.

Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
grog18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 20:30   #22
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
The agency was created by a politician.

It can be disbanded by a politician.
Quite so. There are at least a couple good books covering the massive expansion of power that the FBI received from FDR as it got credit for things during WW-II that were actually done by the Brits (who FDR couldn't admit he was letting operate in this country). J. Edgar played hardball as to what he regarded as his turf but, in reality he knew that, once expanded, no one would ever dial him back. Even during that war, no one was questioning why he already had agents operating internationally.

But to return to your comment... Other than perhaps the OSS being disbanded (but, voila', fast forward to 1947's National Security Act) the list of agencies or programs created by politicians that have been done away with is a pretty short one. Most of the deceased pre-1945 and the bulk of bureaucratic girth since LBJ.

"It was a bad idea so Congress is defunding it,"
"It's served it's purpose so Congress is defunding it,"
"It was a good idea but was abused so Congress is defunding it,"

said no Congress collectively ever.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 14:54   #23
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Influence & Power:

Who has the real influence & power in the U S A today ? The Navy Nuclear Submarine Fleet, The Nuclear boats that are at sea, I think have first strike capability, Who has the command authority over the launching of the nuclear missiles, The POTUS has the "codes" which I think are a non-requirement for launch, There are 2 crews for each boat a blue and a gold, while one is deployed the other is training & going to school I THINK !!! How many sailors, actual U S NAVY personnel are in critical positions to arm & launch the weapons ??? Are there any intelligence community people in a crew in one of those positions?? The Soviet's have a "Political" officer a KGB or NKVD or someone other than a military sailor in a position to provide a check in the balance of military influence. These are just some questions I have since the power of the deep state FBI, CIA, NSA, DOJ, and the DOD have exercised in the past 3 + years since the citizens of the U S A elected a POTUS "They" the elite entrenched deep staters did not approve of; "WE have an insurance policy" words from an FBI elitist who has not been held accountable for this blatant attempt and removing a duly elected POTUS. JUST THINKING of where the influence & power lie.