Old 02-14-2012, 21:55   #31
mjbwarrior
Asset

I would like to start by saying hello to all and thanks for letting me be apart of the board.

3 years in service
34 yrs old

Yes I joined late in life at 31. No regrets at all...

Oh and one other thing, I am not your stereotypical MI weenie, No World of Warcraft or any other MI weenie stuff here. MI is great but DAMN they are a different breed to say the least. Especially the damn linguists!!! And I'm a linguist!!! WTF!!!

Last edited by mjbwarrior; 02-14-2012 at 22:11.
mjbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 23:04   #32
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfInTraining88 View Post
Reaper,
I'll send you a message with a different name. I can get carried away with the visualization part of "Get Selected" sometimes haha.

Chris
This is CURIOUS, to say the least,.....!!!

Good Luck Sport!!

Later
Martin
Old 02-14-2012, 23:18   #33
Astronomy
Quiet Professional

US Army, SGM (RET) / 18Z5V

1977 - 1980: B/2/75

1980 - 31 DEC 2011: SF (mostly 10th), 1-10 Tolz 80-83

Glad to be here.

- Astronomy
Astronomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 21:44   #34
Hillclimb
Asset

Good evening all,

I'm currently in the Marine Corp reserves drilliing until Jun 2012.

Exploring possibilities within 18x, but will most likely be unable to pursue them due to Prior Service business rules. I like working out, motorcycles and reading(military history).

Thank you all for taking the time to contribute all of the guidance and information here on this online community.

Last edited by Hillclimb; 03-17-2013 at 22:24.
Hillclimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 15:24   #35
Gus
Asset

Hello all I'm currently stationed in Alaska with 25th ID. I had posted an intro into introductions IV, but I guess it got dumped. Thanks to everyone who runs this board, it has helped more than just about any other resource.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 14:12   #36
Isshin2
Asset

Hello, my name is Robert, I’ve been a member here for almost a year. My original intro disappeared as well as my post count reset to zero. So to be on the safe side I’m reposting my intro. I currently hit my 18 year mark in the military. My first three years were with the Navy Reserves and then I transferred over the National Guard back in 1997.

I started out as an Engineer (21R Interior Electrician) moved over to Military Intelligence back in 2005. I worked active duty National Guard back in 2003 with the Counter Drug Program. It was a great job but only lasted me for three years. But thanks to the National Guard’s buddy system and a little nepotism, I was able to land an AGR job with my current unit.

Last edited by Isshin2; 02-17-2012 at 14:14. Reason: Wrong year for Counter Drug
Isshin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 13:28   #37
NeptuneSpeared
Asset

I posted my intro back in November but it has disappeared so I'll post it again.

My name is James and I'm currently a college student. In the future I plan on applying to OCS and developing the situation from there. Hopefully I'll one day earn the right to wear the green beret.

Last edited by NeptuneSpeared; 04-10-2012 at 23:28.
NeptuneSpeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 00:15   #38
Hanzo
Asset

I posted my intro back in December 2011. It looks like the thread has been deleted.

I am proudly enlisted as an 11X and I go to OSUT on 20120828. I plan on applying to go to SFAS before the year is over.
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Last edited by Hanzo; 03-04-2012 at 01:59.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 00:28   #39
Xamine
SF Candidate

Updated Intro:

My name is John, I am a full-time college student and a part-time personal trainer. As i said in my previous Intro, I was curious about a career with the military, but have since made my mind up; I will have my AAS by the summer, I plan to enlist as an 18x and DEP so that i can ship after graduation.
Xamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 13:03   #40
ByHisBoots
Asset

Hey Gents,
I finished the Q in Sept. (18E) and am still kicking around Brag in ILC. Just trying to stay MOS proficient while waiting to go to group.
ByHisBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 15:55   #41
ma2
SF Candidate

Hello,

I wanted to thank all those quiet professionals who have served and who are on this site sharing their insight into a really tough mos. I am a college graduate with a recreation degree and I am currently in DEP for the 18x program and am really excited to have my limits tested. This is my first post and I will take THE REAPER's advice and go gray so that I can get a feel for how you all interact.
ma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 19:49   #42
iusethisforgood
Asset

Hello, former 68W, current 31B here serving in LAARNG as an Operations SGT.

I am training for SFRE later this year and all the challenges ahead. I have 6 years in and a deployment to Iraq and Haiti.

Just here to read and absorb. Thanks.
iusethisforgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:38   #43
ian0341fo
Asset

Finally getting around to posting my introduction. Active duty USMC, Scout/Sniper Platoon Sergeant, currently serving with 5th Marine Regiment. Looking forward to some good reading!
ian0341fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:41   #44
Dolly
Asset

Talking

Former AF active and guard. Now seeker of knowledge in all it's forms. I Have the first round in Phoenix it is the least I can do for your service. Thank you and God bless.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12   #45
Some Guy
Asset

FNG

Hello to all and thanks for having me! I am 23 years old and I am a PS 82nd (2/504) guy. I was (still am ?) a 25U(commo) and deployed once to Iraq. I plan to re-enlist into the NG SF pipeline and I am here to observe and absorb as much useful info as possible. Im from Providence, RI and have my sights on Aco 2/19th SFG(A) as my "dream job". But, for now that will remain a dream. My current goal is to do whatever it takes to prepare physically and mentally for SFAS. Any like-minded individuals, preferably close to my location, who would like to share a word or two, feel free to PM me. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all around the forum, and abroad as well! Im gonna go do me some PT ! Later!
Some Guy is offline   Reply With Quote