Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Old 09-09-2008, 08:35   #31
Razor
Quiet Professional

Received my order from Jess Hall's yesterday. Pretty darned impressive when you consider I ordered it over the weekend! Not only did I get my order, Gail added a very nice personal note and some small shakers of other products to try. Very thoughtful. I used some of the hot seas. salt on some pasta last night, and it was great! Thanks for the recommendation/endorsement TS, AM, TR, Blake and others.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:08   #32
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
I try not to use salt on a regular basis, but I'm going to order some w/o MSG.
Gypsy, me too! But in this case, I think trying some of this could soothe a savage beast...i.e. a date?...

Thanks for this thread guys!

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04   #33
Auditor
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Glad you like it, as I stated it's different! I use it on quite a bit of items, such as grilled squash, asparagus, & zucchini. If I'm not making a peppercorn sauce or some other sort of sauce, I'll just use it instead of just seasoning.

http://www.seattledining.com/ARCHIVE..._au-Poivre.htm

note: remove the pan from the stove top before adding the Cognac.
Last night I tried the Steak au Poivre recipe linked above, using Jess Halls Seasoned Salt. It turned out fantastic!!

I even managed to keep both of my eyebrows during the Cognac phase
Auditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 16:40   #34
Cynic
Guerrilla

Thumbs up

Well, TS, I hope you bought stock before you posted this link!
Mine arrived today and it tastes as good as it smells. Thanks for the heads-up.
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:30   #35
Nonna
Asset

Ordered mine Tuesday, got it today. FAST SERVICE!

I'm going to try some of the Seredipity in a meatloaf tonight for my 18E who is home on con leave after taking a bullet during a patrol last month. He sure does like having Mom's home cooking. And I like having him home.

I also got a few extra goodies, so if he likes the seasonings, I'll send the larger set back with him, and I'll keep the smaller samplers and order more later.

The Hall's are great people, just like the ones here at PS.com!
Nonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:18   #36
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Received my order and the owners threw a little surprise inside. It is great and I will be ordering more in a month or two.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:24   #37
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

Placed and rec'd two orders, and got a ton of extras.. Jess and his wife are awesome.

excellent product

Practice honesty and integrity; rescue the man who has been wronged from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, the widow; do no violence; shed no innocent blood in this place. Jer 22:3

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:01   #38
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Received my order a while back and also got a few extras.....I told them TS sent me,maybe that's why.......

GB TFS
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 17:25   #39
PSM
Area Commander

Slakers!

You guys who placed orders are slackers! My wife and I drove to the factory 1500 miles (one way) to get ours.

Gayle gave us a tour of the factory and shared embarrassing tales about a certain member of this forum who shall remain nameless.

Between my wife and my sister, I managed to leave with enough money for a beer or two.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 12-26-2008 at 17:28.
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 18:08   #40
Gypsy
Area Commander

Thanks for the bump PSM, meant to order some for myself and forgot.
Old 01-04-2009, 21:29   #41
abc_123
Quiet Professional

The reviews sound great, and I hate to be the lone dissenter, but the $11.00 shipping charge on a $20.00 sampler pack of salt seemed a little on the steep side to me.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:47   #42
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
The reviews sound great, and I hate to be the lone dissenter, but the $11.00 shipping charge on a $20.00 sampler pack of salt seemed a little on the steep side to me.
The price on shipping may seem high, until you have become 'hooked' on their seasonings.

I ordered the sampler pack several months ago and love the stuff. The seasoned salt and seasoned pepper are great on steaks and hamburgers. The surprise in the pack is their seasoning 'Eggcitement Breakfast Blend.' Now, I won't eat eggs without it. Their chili seasoning is easy and also makes a tasty meat chili.
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:24   #43
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
Hell, order a 4 lb. Tub or more other stuff also!!! Trust me, I have watched "Big Jess" give away THOUSANDS of the small shakers, to Cooks, Wait Staff, and Owners of establishments all across Texas. I've even seen him hand it out to Patrons in establisments where we were either eating or as we were leaving!!

This is GOOD STUFF!!!

The shipping costs are a reality, trust me when I say that they are only passing on the ACTUAL average costs. If you have any further questions about this, please PM me, I do not wish to publicly go any further than what I have.

They're GOOD PEOPLE and I hold the whole Hall Family in the highest regard!

Take care,
Martin
Old 05-03-2009, 11:10   #44
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

AM is right. Believe me you won't regret it. I ordered a tub and said TS sent me and they sent me "at no additional cost", a set of shakers. : However they may not do it all the time. Like Gypsy said, order a tub to defray the cost. Trust us.........

GB TFS
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 17:59   #45
PSM
Area Commander

One thing should be pointed out, though. Don’t think of Lowry’s Seasoned Salt. It’s not the same. It’s basically what you’d put on meat anyway with a few extra ingredients you wouldn’t take the time with. There are no magic ingredients (just a magic processing machine which I got to see after signing an NDA ).

I prefer the Seasoned Pepper. I find that I never use enough when cooking and have to add more at the table. The same is true with all but the EggCitment and Hot Seasoned Salt.

I haven’t used the Chili Mix yet, but my sister has and loves it because it’s not too spicy. Sounds like I’d have to add cayenne (I love Carol Shelby’s, BTW…the Chili Mix and the Cobra!).

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote