Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18E

Old 05-04-2012, 10:31   #16
SWCS4Life
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69harley View Post
HPW with it's Outlook interface is what made the 117F better than the PSC-5.
That and the fact that it doesn't weigh 100lbs.
SWCS4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 14:42   #17
69harley
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCS4Life View Post
That and the fact that it doesn't weigh 100lbs.
Well actually the PSC-5 and 117F are both about the same size and weight. The 117F does not have a significant weight advantage over the PSC-5.
69harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 18:01   #18
SWCS4Life
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69harley View Post
Well actually the PSC-5 and 117F are both about the same size and weight. The 117F does not have a significant weight advantage over the PSC-5.
Ah my fault I misread that thought it was the 117G.
SWCS4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:49   #19
helicom6
Asset

Harris radios

This may be old news to some of you in the field right now....But I believe I told you this back in 2007. I am still wondering why SF or SIGDET is not approaching Harris directly for radio operations?
helicom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:54   #20
helicom6
Asset

Harris

an/prc 117 and 150
Harris has made great efforts to take HF communications and SATCOM to more stable and user friendly platforms. The PSC 5 will quickly become legacy equipment if the big Army would see the deficiencies and lack of updated software. The 117 provides a greater combined package for all applications and faster data rates. Echos need to plea with their Group Leadership and make the arguement for the new equipment available today.

If any of you Echos would like more information on the 117, 150, 152 please PM me and I will provide pertinent information.

Roger Out.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:22   #21
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicom6 View Post
an/prc 117 and 150
Harris has made great efforts to take HF communications and SATCOM to more stable and user friendly platforms. The PSC 5 will quickly become legacy equipment if the big Army would see the deficiencies and lack of updated software. The 117 provides a greater combined package for all applications and faster data rates. Echos need to plea with their Group Leadership and make the arguement for the new equipment available today.

If any of you Echos would like more information on the 117, 150, 152 please PM me and I will provide pertinent information.

Roger Out.

Harris is definitely a top notch company. I have YAESU and Harris Ham radios that are some of the best out there.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:40   #22
helicom6
Asset

Harris for Comms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Finally Thank you to higher powers. Even tho SF is the last SOF element to go all Harris.
If anyone is still looking for information for the any of the radio systems of Falcon II with Harris Corp. please contact me. I still have direct POC's for in-field training, operational diffculties, etc.

I know this change with Harris taking over battlefield comms is a god send, but questions will arise, and I would really like to help those of you that are either new to the 117, 152, and or the 150, which is in the new revised JBS.

Here's to better comms....Cheers!!

Helicom6 out