Old 08-27-2017, 07:32   #1
EatLiftRepeat
Asset

Looking for like minded people

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've posted in here. I recently PCS'd from 1SFG (A) at JBLM to DIVARTY here at Fort Bragg. Working in Group made it pretty easy to find people with similar goals and mentality. I'm trying to find the same here, however, my experience in the last few weeks is that people in my current surrounding are either 1. preparing for retirement, 2. getting QMP'd 3. discontent with the Army and ETSing. This doesn't make for good companions when preparing to embark on the journey towards earning a Green Beret. I hope to find some people interested in training for SFAS, or at least share common goals. If this is not an appropriate location for this post, please remove admins.

Respectfully,
Matt
EatLiftRepeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:41   #2
UofA4161
SF Candidate

Eat lunch and dinner at the SWCS defac until you make some new friends.
UofA4161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 15:17   #3
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofA4161 View Post
Eat lunch and dinner at the SWCS defac until you make some new friends.
LMAO! FWIW - it really is that easy. NTM the practice you get building relationships. And I've been told the chow's not that bad (DV's have been known to eat there on occasion).
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 15:30   #4
4/2savages
Asset

PM'd. I've been looking for a training partner as well. It is taking forever to get in the Army as a prior service Marine with a medical waiver, kind of expected that though.
4/2savages is offline   Reply With Quote