Old 09-05-2013, 14:38   #1
Dog Pound Zulu
Quiet Professional

GSB CSM COR Ceremony

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/military...ility-1.197822

By STAFF SERGEANT RAMON M. MARRERO / 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne)
Published: Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM.
EGLIN AFB – “Members of the Red Empire, it is indeed an honor to have you present for today’s Change of Responsibility Ceremony,” said outgoing Command Sergeant. Major Joel D. Crawford during a Change of Responsibility on Aug. 29 in the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Liberty Chapel.
The host for the ceremony was the Group Support Battalion Commander, Lt. Col. Dennis Levesque.
Crawford, a native of Clinton, SC., has served in the Group Support Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) for the last 51 months, to include 27 months deployed.
Crawford relinquished responsibility of the Group Support Battalion to Command Sgt. Maj. Daniel L. Sheward II in a traditional Army ceremony.
More than 200 people attended the ceremony, to include Crawford’s brother, Master Sgt. Joseph Crawford, his twin.
“The message I would like to leave you with is simple, always strive to improve yourself and become a better person,” said Crawford.
Sheward, who kept his remarks short, said he Thanks God for getting back to Group, and special thanks to his wife, Kellie for picking the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) as their number one choice.
During the ceremony the Noncommissioned Officer sword was passed around to signify the passing of the responsibility from the outgoing Command Sergeant Major to the incoming.
“And to everyone here today and those who couldn’t be present thank you for your sacrifice to our nation, and if you ever need me I will make myself available anyplace, anytime, AND anywhere,” said Crawford in his closing remarks.
Dog Pound Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 17:14   #2
PRB
Quiet Professional

Great guy's I'm sure but never bought into the CofR deal. Like we need another parade.
Mirroring the Officer Corps in this respect is dumb...we all know who the CSM is.
CSM Bone and I had a few heated conversations about this deal when he was at SOCOM and I never did have one.
Awards, promotions, CofCmd ok...but it is all time away from some training.
Sorry, a pet peeve.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:45   #3
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

Wasn't aware there was any other type of conversation one could have with CSM Bone
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24   #4
rtj731
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Wasn't aware there was any other type of conversation one could have with CSM Bone
Unless you were a Bone-Clone
rtj731 is offline   Reply With Quote