Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 11-28-2018, 06:16   #31
frostfire
Area Commander

just a quick shout out and shameless horn tooting...

Best wishes to all pursuing the journey down the rabbit hole. Tab or no tab, you will become a better lead slinger. Guaranteed.
When you force your brain to train your eye-body-grip-finger coordination to ridiculous neural pathway level, your skill will not stay at the same level. Ever.

So there I was slinging some lead after 1 year overseas with no trigger time. I fully expected skill deterioration. Only warm up I did was 10 min dry fire the previous night, and three slow fire. I only had a leftover box of 37 round so I thought what the hell, let's just have some fun.
CSAT standard: 5 to A zone 1 to face, 3 seconds, 7 yards, compressed ready. In the past, I struggled to make it in time with concealment. No highspeed equipment, just what I had from storage: G26 w grip tape, waffle top for concealment, advanced holster minimalist holster (bought from John, shootersupply) 5 o'clock position, hands stretched down. I checked the timer and 1st shot at 1.5, 0.20 average split for next 5 shots with 0.31 transition to face for a total of 2.91 seconds. That front sight danced in slow mo the whole time and I could recall brass ejection in peripheral vision with every shot. Switched to the AK pistol (red dot and ALG) and did it in 1.8 seconds. Average split 0.17

Well there you have it folks. Slow, watching-grass-grow boring, non YT worthy, high drag fundamental does improve the speed department as well

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC

Last edited by frostfire; 11-28-2018 at 06:37.
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:15   #32
Hummer
Asset

Glad to see shooters here. I knew and shot with Sydney Hines and know Hap as well.
I made P100 twice, (12th and 98th), Distinguished Rifle #514, Distinguished Smallbore Prone, two US Palma Teams, two US Dewar Teams, first person to win Palma Trophy Match twice in a row. Now there are two of us.

My last match was 2013 right before Perry, got rearended and had spinal surgery fusing C5,6 and 7 with plate and that ended my competition.

I not only miss the shooting but what I really miss is the people I shot with for 40 years. My first HP match was 1973 and I was squadded with AMU shooter Earl Waterman and we were good friends until he died.
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 16:56   #33
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
Glad to see shooters here. I knew and shot with Sydney Hines and know Hap as well.
I made P100 twice, (12th and 98th), Distinguished Rifle #514, Distinguished Smallbore Prone, two US Palma Teams, two US Dewar Teams, first person to win Palma Trophy Match twice in a row. Now there are two of us.

My last match was 2013 right before Perry, got rearended and had spinal surgery fusing C5,6 and 7 with plate and that ended my competition.

I not only miss the shooting but what I really miss is the people I shot with for 40 years. My first HP match was 1973 and I was squadded with AMU shooter Earl Waterman and we were good friends until he died.

Post an introduction in the "Introduction" thread.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 16:00   #34
Hummer
Asset

I Just posted it on Introduction Page

Last edited by Hummer; 02-08-2021 at 09:03.
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote