Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 06-18-2019, 10:59   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Frau Oberführer Merkle shaking/twitching symptoms??

Something went wrong..

Not a friend of Frau Oberführer Merkle..

But I think her handlers blow-it big time by not stepping up and assisting her during this,, whatever it was.

The cover is she was dehydrated, butI don't buy it..

It lasted 70+ seconds. There are many medical problems that have shaking/twitching symptoms for someone in her age bracket..

Traumatic brain injury
Spinal cord injury
Brain damage
Cerebral palsy
Stroke
Encephalitis
Meningitis
Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease)
Phenylketonuria (PKU disease)
Multiple Sclerosis

Someone had to see this and made a decision not to intervene??

https://www.foxnews.com/world/angela...nt-dehydration

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:28   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

Several times right away (at :38 and :48s & further) that right hand is a 'tell' that she's very aware of it, and it's a reflex to reach out for an anchor of some kind (a counter, a friend's hand). Definitely something impacting equilibrium (certainly dehydration will do that). But your list is good; a liver impairment, something else depriving O2, lots of stuff. As you say, she's very consciously trying to get bad air out to get more good stuff in & having a rough time of it. I see this last occasionally in my wife as a collateral effect of her HHT. You'd think someone in her position would have a "body" person that would be making her sip regularly if it was a dehydration thing. Them ex-Stasis got some force of will, eh? Personally I hope she goes where all aspiring tyrants need to go.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 15:59   #3
Monsoon65
Guerrilla Chief

Merkle

Hmmm...not a doctor or stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, but it could be MS, or even maybe Mad Cow? I know I'm reaching with that last one, but I know they had issues with that in the 1980s-90s, since I'm now a no-go on the American Red Cross blood donor list.
With no vain sighs for moments gone
Monsoon65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 17:24   #4
Flagg
Area Commander

Not a Doc, but played half a patrol medic once or twice...which means I don't know what I'm talking about.

I've seen a fair few young/fit soldiers fall over on the parade ground for locking their knees and not wiggling the toes.

As well as an increasing number of older Vets falling over on ANZAC Day down here, we try to put them in chairs with pride of place, rather than standing on parade.

I've personally seen 2 recently, one cracked his head wide open, the other died.

Merkel's 64 and looks quite unfit.

Not entirely unexpected result on occasion.

But defer to the medical professionals on what the deal was with her.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:48   #5
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Imagine how much more unhealthy she would be if she was subjected to live under the same conditions her policies created for her own people....
Old 06-21-2019, 10:13   #6
PRB
Quiet Professional

I think that is the 'Dr. Strangelove' twitch that is only relieved with a Nazi salute....
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:21   #7
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
For the 2nd time in so many weeks, Frau Merkel is videoed in public with a moderate to significant body shake??

The 1st time on the 18th it was attributed to dehydration and the 2nd time someone does offer her a glass of what appears to be water.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/27/europ...ntl/index.html

There are several clips on YT with better clarity

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote