Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 5th Special Forces Group

Old 06-24-2013, 09:01   #31
cooper1340s
Asset

I was a platoon leader(SF officer doing infantry duty) with 2/5th Cav in 1970 when we invaded Cambodia from the Parrots Beak. We got a chance to see the largest NVA base camp ever found in Vietnam (by 3rd MSF). Most of it was underground and it was huge. Did not experience any sleeping gas attacks at all.
cooper1340s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 16:30   #32
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Hey, cooper.

Please reread the rules and comply with them before posting again.

We like to know who is posting here.

Thanks.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 15:24   #33
Viper19114
Asset

121st AHC

I was with the 121st Assault Helicopter Company as a Door Gunner on a gunship. I was on 5 missions looking for Nick Rowe when we finally scooped him up. The 121st was not at the Parrots beak at any time. There was a spray ship at
Soc Trang for Agent Orange but that did not last long. The was another Tiger company called the Top Tigers but they were not out of Soc Trang or the 121st.
Viper19114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 16:10   #34
Mike
Quiet Professional

I was at Budop Aug 68-March 70.

Apparently a lot of the Cambodian incursion was launched from there just after I left.

I recall a chopper outfit with the callsign "Top Tiger" that worked our AO for a long time.

Don't recall just what they did.
We got a "work chopper" once a week and others who would drop ih for whatever reason, but I have forgotten who did what.
There were Caribous with "Tong" names and 130s with "Bookie" designators.
"Blue Max was cobras frrom the 17th ARA. They had a Pour Le Merit painted on their transmission housing.
I got a chunk of rocket in one lung courtesy one of them.
A month later I was back 0n site.