Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 07-25-2004, 21:00   #1
2VP
Auxiliary

Heat Gear...Under Armour

I apoligize if this is the wrong forum. Has any one used Under Armours Heat Gear and if so what are your thoughts on it.
2VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 21:08   #2
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

I wear heat gear t-shirts whenever I wear body armor during the summer. Which is usually 5 days a week.

I personally love them and hate wearing normal t-shirts under body armor now.

They do take sometime to get used to.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 21:12   #3
2VP
Auxiliary

Loose fitting or body tight?

What do you mean that it will take some getting used too?
Old 07-25-2004, 21:25   #4
Rotor Strike

I've worn both the loose fit and tight fit Under armor and they both are good gear. However, I now use the Go-Lite C-thru line of clothing. Go-lite is now making mil gear in all the appropriate colors, ie. coyote. Their C-thru line breathes better and is more moisture wicking than the Underarmor stuff. However, all of it is better than the regular cotton t-shirt. Well, unless you fly for a living, then no synthetics allowed.
Old 07-25-2004, 21:27   #5
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by 2VP
Loose fitting or body tight?

What do you mean that it will take some getting used too?
Body tight.

It takes some getting used to b/c it fits tight up against your body. It doesn't restrict any movement but the first time you wear it you may not be very comfortable.
Old 07-25-2004, 21:31   #6
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Renuart
I've worn both the loose fit and tight fit Under armor and they both are good gear. However, I now use the Go-Lite C-thru line of clothing. Go-lite is now making mil gear in all the appropriate colors, ie. coyote. Their C-thru line breathes better and is more moisture wicking than the Underarmor stuff. However, all of it is better than the regular cotton t-shirt. Well, unless you fly for a living, then no synthetics allowed.
Gotta link on there mil stuff?

I can't find anything
Old 07-25-2004, 21:37   #7
Rotor Strike

Here you go. Doesn't show all the products, but gives some general information. The c-thru shirts are in the regular line of clothing, but just add army green, OD, coyote, black, and brown to the colors you can get. http://www.golite.com/sports/military.asp

Get in touch with Max Mullen, his link is there under customer service them military links. He's a former Ranger, as well as a good all around dude. Tell him I sent him your way. Hopefully he'll remember me.
Old 07-25-2004, 22:13   #8
2VP
Auxiliary

Thanks for the link. I may have to try both.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:32   #9
strykermed
Asset

Love underarmor

I wear my body armor seven days a week. underarmor heat gear is the only shirt I will wear. I prefer it because it doesnt bunch or gather in your armpits and I feel 10 degrees cooler. down side is the price vs. regular cotton tee's. I have been in Iraq for 6 months now with six more to go and the cotton shirts I brought have since disintergrated just in time for the summer. I wish I had brought a dozen under armors with me. they pack smaller and last much much longer. the ones I have had for a year now are showing no sign of wear. One wish I would make for the company is to have the shirt be longer to stay tucked in my pants better. if it becomes untucked it will ride up your chest and is next to impossible to get down without taking all your crap off. on the plus side again , for some reason my underarmors don't get stinky as quick as cotton if I havent had a chance to change them out. I have some go lite shirts that I use for hiking back at ft lewis and they are nice but too loose and would bunch under my body armor armor I imagine. just my honest assessment. Cheapest place to get them I have found is at military Clothing and sales for $19.99 I am looking but the best price yet to found online is 24.95
strykermed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:25   #10
Endorphin Rush
Guerrilla

Can't say I've tried them all...but the tight-fitting Body Armour shirts and shorts are magical for me.
Endorphin Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:21   #11
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

I just picked up one of UA's new "Feels Like Cotton, Wicks like UA" type shirts and am really impressed with it. The one I got was a dark green color, need to pick up some in .mil colors ASAP
Old 04-16-2005, 14:43   #12
tyrsnbdr
Auxiliary

I love my under armor, I also find it works well in the cooler enviroment. I wear in all the way up to the point (down to the temp) that I would change to Polypro.
tyrsnbdr is offline   Reply With Quote