Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 10-12-2010, 13:16   #1
500 Proof
Asset

Required asvab combat operations score

Reading up lately on the qualifications for SF recruits, I noticed one of the requirements on the initial testing was a ''combat operations'' score of 98, along with the general technical score of 110.

I'm not sure, but I'll assume that the combat operations test is completely separate from the asvab test.

My question is how can I prepare for the combat operations test to obtain a score of 98 or higher?

Thank you.
500 Proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 13:41   #2
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500 Proof View Post
Reading up lately on the qualifications for SF recruits, I noticed one of the requirements on the initial testing was a ''combat operations'' score of 98, along with the general technical score of 110.

I'm not sure, but I'll assume that the combat operations test is completely separate from the asvab test.

My question is how can I prepare for the combat operations test to obtain a score of 98 or higher?

Thank you.
You'd be wrong.
BTW second post starts a thread, not good. No search? Tsk. No google-fu. Are you sure your in the right house?
Oh well, I'm getting my good deed for the month out of the way.

The combat operations is one of the Army composite scores. The CO score is derived from some other parts of the test. Those parts being: Arithmetic Reasoning + Coding Speed + Auto Shop + Mechanical Comprehension
CO = AR+CS+AS+MC
How do you prepare for it? If you're that worried about it -- get a study guide. Google ASVAB and one og the things that will come up is "free study guides" or go to B&N and buy a big thick guide.

Now, start your edumaKation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_S...titude_Battery
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 20:40   #3
500 Proof
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer523 View Post
You'd be wrong.
BTW second post starts a thread, not good. No search? Tsk. No google-fu. Are you sure your in the right house?
Oh well, I'm getting my good deed for the month out of the way.

The combat operations is one of the Army composite scores. The CO score is derived from some other parts of the test. Those parts being: Arithmetic Reasoning + Coding Speed + Auto Shop + Mechanical Comprehension
CO = AR+CS+AS+MC
How do you prepare for it? If you're that worried about it -- get a study guide. Google ASVAB and one og the things that will come up is "free study guides" or go to B&N and buy a big thick guide.

Now, start your edumaKation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_S...titude_Battery
I did search the forums, but I did not find anything directly related to this question.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:04   #4
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I did search the forums, but I did not find anything directly related to this question.
I think Dozer's point is that, exhaustively informative as it is, this site is not the sole source of information - especially for a topic such as this one. Did you use your google-Fu on the Internet, do any 'free reading' at B&N, or... call your friendly local recruiter and ask!
Old 10-13-2010, 14:18   #5
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
I think Dozer's point is that, exhaustively informative as it is, this site is not the sole source of information - especially for a topic such as this one. Did you use your google-Fu on the Internet, do any 'free reading' at B&N, or... call your friendly local recruiter and ask!
I guess this means I can be all "huffy and put-out" too. Dang. I better re-think that one a month.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 14:19   #6
S. B. Newman
Quiet Professional

ASVAAB/GT scores

Quote:

Thank you.
If you can get a 110 on your GT, you are likely going to get a 98 on the ASVAB. You can pick up study guides in most any book store as well. If your on facebook, contact this guy. He can help you! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/wiggins79
S. B. Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 20:42   #7
500 Proof
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. B. Newman View Post
If you can get a 110 on your GT, you are likely going to get a 98 on the ASVAB. You can pick up study guides in most any book store as well. If your on facebook, contact this guy. He can help you! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/wiggins79
Thank you.