Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 02-27-2004, 13:20   #16
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

PM me with a price on the Aviator, if you would.

It is big, and has a bulb to burn out, but wouldn't mind getting one to play with.

Hey, you get any blowout deals that you think are smoking, I wouldn't mind seeing them ont his site, maybe we need a Classifieds Section or Swap Meet for us to buy/see/trade gear?

Hey, Team Sergeant!!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 14:18   #17
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

What's the Dirt? PM me if you need to.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 14:48   #18
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

You have been out of the country!

"Cheaper Than Dirt", nice catalog, lots of budget gear, I believe our young Air .177's employer.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/default.asp

Got just the thing for you to have fun around the house!

TR

LOT-112

Military Surgical Hand Drill, Incl. Bits, Bores & Chucks, Stainless Steel, Superb Quality

$79.97
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lot-112.jpg (6.7 KB, 178 views)
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 02-27-2004, 14:51   #19
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

LOL - I'm saving my money for something else.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 02-27-2004, 15:02   #20
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
LOL - I'm saving my money for something else.
Hey, what could be more fun than having your wife and kids catch you practicing your trepanning or orthopedic repair techniques on a coconut or other suitable substitute, perhaps in the privacy of your basement laboratory?

TR

Old 02-27-2004, 17:02   #21
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Will advise on anything that I come across that looks Promising, however, most of our stuff is either Chinese, or surplus that has seen better days. There is the occasional diamond in the rough like your previously mentioned LOT-112 though

Here's a 1911 style handgun for all of ya:

SOFT-330

Laser Combat Handguns Complete Soft Air system includes hard carry case, real working laser with remote pressure switch, scope mount that attaches to the frame, scope, suppressor, and removable magazine, ammo and instructions. The laser alone is worth $30, but with this complete system you get the full sized handgun and all accessories! This gun is realistic and may be DANGEROUS to carry or display in public because it may be mistaken for a firearm. It has a non-removable bright-orange muzzle, which indicates it is not a firearm. Use all safety precautions, as with any firearm. This gun is similar to popular submachine guns. Must be over 18 to order; adult signature required on delivery.

Last edited by Air.177; 02-28-2004 at 11:31.
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 15:52   #22
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Someone ask about long gun weapon lights?

I got old school, new school, and in between transitional models.

TR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2004_0228_163723aab.jpg (79.6 KB, 246 views)

Old 02-28-2004, 16:09   #23
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Don't you guys just love Reaper's pics? Good gear, good backgrounds, good photos. Those gear guys should hire you to do all their work, they'd sell more. Or you could do trades.

I'll model. LOL
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 02-28-2004, 16:19   #24
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Don't you guys just love Reaper's pics? Good gear, good backgrounds, good photos. Those gear guys should hire you to do all their work, they'd sell more. Or you could do trades.

I'll model. LOL
NDD:

Thanks, Bro.

If you are modelling though, Ray White is taking the pics and Jerry and Thack are directing.

That should be a big seller!

TR

Old 02-28-2004, 16:26   #25
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

NO WAY! I'm out. LOL
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 02-28-2004, 22:51   #26
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

I carry the following while on duty
Surefire M-2 on my duty belt.
Surefire E-1 in my pocket as a back up light.
Stylus Led pen light.

I carry a Surefire E-1 all the time, and a Surefire 6Z in my car.

My father bought the big daddy Surefire 10x dominator 500 friggin lumens. He also said it will blind you for about 5 mins, and I'm not talking white spots. More like "holy sh*t I can't see anything at all"

He said he can see about 500 yards at night with it.

How does the LED replacement heads for the surefires effect the lumens i.e. a M-2 that puts out 120 lumens if I put an LED head on it what am I sacrficing?

Great thread TR.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 23:13   #27
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe
How does the LED replacement heads for the surefires effect the lumens i.e. a M-2 that puts out 120 lumens if I put an LED head on it what am I sacrficing?

Great thread TR.
There are three dedicated replacement heads:

The KL1 (1 watt) fits the E2e and E1, has 17 lumens, but the pattern is very clear and run time (with the E2) is extended to 4 hours of max light, 11 more of moderate, and finally about 50 hours at minimal illum output.

The KL2 fits M3 flashilghts and has 19x 5mm Nichia LEDs and puts out 27 lumens max output for 1.5 hours, followed by 13.5 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimum output.

The KL3 fits 6P, D2/D3, Z2/Z3, C2/C3, M2 flashlights. 6P, D2, Z2, C2, M2 Runtime is 19 lumens max output for 4.25 hours, followed by 4.75 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimum output. D3, Z3, C3 Runtime: 19.5 lumens max output for 7 hours, followed by 8 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimum output.

HTH.

TR

Old 02-28-2004, 23:19   #28
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Damn, so the LED heads dramatically increase run time.

Would you trade out any of your weapon lights for LED heads?

I don't think I would compromise the lumens for the duration of run time, but I would like to here your opinion.
Old 02-28-2004, 23:27   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

No, but I would change all non-weapons lights if they weren't so expensive.

Never have to buy another bulb though.

TR

Old 02-28-2004, 23:35   #30
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
No, but I would change all non-weapons lights if they weren't so expensive.

Never have to buy another bulb though.

TR
Thanks TR,

I kind of figured you wouldn't either.

Unfortunately for me the light on my duty belt serves as my pistol weapon light.

That is until I get enough money saved up to by a new frame for my Kimber TLE that will accomodate a dedicated light.

Damn the Yarbrough knife, an EOTECH sight, a SOPMOD forend for my M-4gery, plus a light for my M-4gery, and a new Kimber frame. Ah screw saving come on debt.

Thanks for the clarification TR, I have heard alot of things about the LED conversitions, but I haven't seen one yet and I don't have a Surefire rep that I can bug for information.