Old 10-10-2007, 10:34   #1
Merlyn
Asset

Yarbrough Knife

Anyone know where I can get a Yarbrough knife and approximately how much it will cost?

When I graduated from SFOC in '66, they gave us our full flash and a diploma. Now, just for kicks, I'd like to have one of the knives that are issued to new grads. I'll pass it along to my grandsons.
Merlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:46   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
Anyone know where I can get a Yarbrough knife and approximately how much it will cost?

When I graduated from SFOC in '66, they gave us our full flash and a diploma. Now, just for kicks, I'd like to have one of the knives that are issued to new grads. I'll pass it along to my grandsons.

Merlyn:

The short answer is, you can't anymore, unless you want to go through the SFQC all over again.

For the full history, click on the "Search" button in the upper right hand menu and type in "Yarborough".

The Search button is the key to finding answers quickly here.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 23:50   #3
yasnevo
Asset

Question, isn't the Chris Reeves Green Beret a similar knife?
yasnevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:12   #4
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasnevo View Post
Question, isn't the Chris Reeves Green Beret a similar knife?
Yes, it's the same knife, as far as I know without the serial number. I won a Green Beret knife here on the PS website.

I think you still might be able to get a serial numbered 1st SFGA knife through 1st In Asia. (Same makers and a great knife, I bought one too!.

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
Trip_Wire (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:21   #5
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

As per our agreement with USASOC each Yarborough knife has two seperate markings that will remain unique to the United States Army Special Forces.
This agreement permits the sale of the same pattern of knife on the open market but without the markings of the Yarborough Knife.

Of course you guys knew that from using the search here.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56   #6
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey View Post
As per our agreement with USASOC each Yarborough knife has two seperate markings that will remain unique to the United States Army Special Forces.
This agreement permits the sale of the same pattern of knife on the open market but without the markings of the Yarborough Knife.

Of course you guys knew that from using the search here.
Or from being denied...

Seriously, the GB is an amazing knife, as Bill said, the Yarborough without the serial number and oher mark. (Merlyn, if you ask nicely, Bill, might just sign it for you too, shhhhhh.)

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote