Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 05-12-2013, 09:05   #1066
Wes126
Asset

Intro

Hey,
I'm Wes. Im law enforcement with no military experience. I don't expect to comment much, if at all.

Thanks
Wes126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 21:51   #1067
JSchonfarber
Asset

Introduction

I live in Louisiana and am a JROTC cadet. I'm the Marksmanship team commander and our team placed 20th this year in 3p air rifle nationals. I enjoy hunting, fishing, shooting, and anything else outside. I hope to become a Special Forces Soldier one day.
JSchonfarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:05   #1068
J
Asset

Introduction

Good morning leaders,

My name is J. I am an aspiring X-Ray currently in the DEP program out of Huntington, WV. My ship date is 20130716.

Good Day,
J
J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:58   #1069
Cable
Asset

Introduction

I just completed my sixth year in the Army as a Signal Soldier. As well as convince my wife to let me attempt what i wanted when I first joined the Army; become an SF Soldier.

I will be attending SFAS class 009 here in a few weeks. I have been reading and researching on this forum for a few months now. Dont need to say anything or ask any questions but have gotten alot from this forum.

Schmidty
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:48   #1070
Mishka
SF Candidate

Intro

Greetings,
I joined Army in 2011, currently doing time in American Airlines division.
SF wannabe, attending class 9-13.

Now back to PT.

Mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 15:58   #1071
MSRlaw
BANNED USER

Intro

I have never been in the military. I was a prosecutor in the FL Keys for several years and now am in private practice in S. Florida. I have family who were in army special forces. I represent many current law enforcement officers in a variety of employment and civil rights issues. I would like to learn more about special forces and I find the postings here generally of high quality.

Marc
MSRlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:00   #1072
Ethereal Light
Asset

A little bit about myself:

First and foremost, thank you for providing such a great forum from which to garner information.

I am currently serving in the US Navy as a Naval Officer. I'm stationed on a ship on the West Coast. I have only served for a few years, and I'm looking forward to serving a few more. I am actually the first in my whole entire family to serve in the US Military, and I am glad that I have been given the opportunity to do so (my family immigrated).

I am hoping to receive some guidance and mentorship from those who have gone before me about joining the SF community. Thank you for your time.
Ethereal Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 22:59   #1073
hova711
Asset

Thanks for providing this outlet

My name is Greg, I was assigned to 1/7 SFG(A) SIGDET 1 March 2006 and started terminal leave 9 August 2011. During my first OEF in 07 I spent the majority of my time at FOB ROB in the Sagin district, found a much better understanding of what SOF was all about and decided to go to selection. After that trip I was in a serious MVA which halted my aspirations of going for the long tab. I still have friends I talk to from 1/7 and miss the brotherhood from time to time. Good to be here, thanks for providing this outlet.
hova711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 15:26   #1074
Texas14
Asset

Texas14

Retired from from the Army and now striving to become a Sheriff's Deputy. I lived the dream, now I will try to preserve it!
Texas14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:23   #1075
Vee
Asset

Introduction

Current active duty Army. I'm not much of a talker on forums, but I look forward to learning from the QP's in the upcoming months as I make my way into the SF pipeline.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 13:41   #1076
Mantis Toboggan
Asset

Introduction

Good Afternoon Gentlemen -

I'm a 30 year old non-prior service equities trader. I will be enlisting rep 63 once I recover from a motorcycle accident I was recently involved in. Since I'll be putting my PT on hold, I will continue to research this site, along with other related material in order to mentally prepare for SFAS. Thank you for all your service and the advice provided on these boards.

Best Regards,

Mantis
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 15:03   #1077
MeeshMan
SF Candidate

Greetings

Good afternoon,
First and foremost I want to thank all of the members in the Special Forces community for putting together and/or contributing to this forum as it is has become an invaluable resource to many 18x's including myself.

About myself, I am a 21 year old living in California. I chose to enlist in the Army and more specifically the 18x pipeline because I feel that I have this calling to prove myself worthy to serve among the worlds finest, and having my part in history someday is where I will find my glory.

My ship date is 20130805

Thank you gentlemen for your time,
D. Wilson
MeeshMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07   #1078
Ken Cox
Asset

I served with the early Force Recon in '65.

I worked on what we called the "Green Side," meaning, I worked off the special ops submarine Tunny, and made a lot of maps of beaches. At that time, they reserved the direct action "Black Side" for invitees, only (things have changed since then).

Got a commission and flew helicopters until '74.

Presently fly a DOD contract in Alaska (Ft Greeley). Please look me up if you come here. I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

I joined this forum because an internet search led me to posts by knife-makers Bill Harsey and Les George, and I wanted to respond to their posts.

I have a long interest in the psychology of self-defense and violence, and special interests in left and right handedness, body movement and body organization, and methods of instruction.

I acknowledge my mind set doesn't fit this forum, but, nonetheless, I hugely respect the values and knowledge expressed here, and I will do my best to behave accordingly.
Ken Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 15:24   #1079
SF_CANIDATE1987
Asset

Hello

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently stationed at Fort Stewart, Ga. "Rock of the Marne" I'm very interested in becoming a SF soldier mentally and physical. I've been want this since I graduated high school, evermore since I've joined the army. The only thing that is hold me back is that I have a P3 for hearing by army's standards. I would really appericate if anyone can giving me clarification on if this would stop me attending SFAS and further processing through to a team if I was to become selected. Thanks, and "STAY LOW AND COVER YOUR SIX"
SF_CANIDATE1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 17:38   #1080
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_CANIDATE1987 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently stationed at Fort Stewart, Ga. "Rock of the Marne" I'm very interested in becoming a SF soldier mentally and physical. I've been want this since I graduated high school, evermore since I've joined the army. The only thing that is hold me back is that I have a P3 for hearing by army's standards. I would really appericate if anyone can giving me clarification on if this would stop me attending SFAS and further processing through to a team if I was to become selected. Thanks, and "STAY LOW AND COVER YOUR SIX"
I don't think we are waiving that right now, but a recruiter would be the one to answer that question officially.

Frankly, as we have said on so many other threads, you would be jeopardizing he other members of your team, and that is reason enough, IMHO.

People who take the initiative to search and read are the people we are looking for, and tend to have much better long term prospects here.

BTW, I think you meant "CANDIDATE", and since you aren't SF yet, what would you like for a new user name?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote