Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 06-06-2012, 14:13   #301
Rhod7520
Asset

Hello

I am a Reserve component soldier currently mobilized to Fort Hood, TX. I previously served 3 yrs 9 mos in the Active component before taking approximately a 3 year break in service. I have always been a medic in the Army, although during my 3 year break I took every job I could find that had nothing to do with the medical field. Having spent the past few years maturing and doing a great deal of soul searching I have finally cleared all the doubts from my mind and have settled on a goal to put myself in SF. I have a long way to go physically and still a lot to learn but I know this goal is easily within my grasp in the next year. I hope to learn as much as I can from the experiences shared in this forum and have already gained a great deal of insight in the short amount of time I have been browsing here, for which I am grateful to you all.
Old 06-06-2012, 16:58   #302
True Grit
Asset

Introduction

I'm a Green-to-Gold and newly commissioned 2Lt. I have a degree in kinesiology, exercise science option. I served as an engineer (21T20) while on Active Duty from 2005-2009 and have had one deployment to Iraq (Aug '06 - Nov '07). I start IBOLC here in a few weeks.

I want to thank everyone for contributing to this website, I've learned a great deal and look forward to learning more.

Last edited by True Grit; 06-07-2012 at 00:40.
True Grit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 18:49   #303
OldCarolina
Asset

Introduction

Rising college senior, just researching and learning before I graduate and enlist into the U.S. Army. A thanks to all the Quiet Professionals giving advice to those who visit the site, and a thanks to all the men and women of our armed forces. Hopefully I will be joining those ranks soon.

-OC

Fixed your post for you. Attention to detail grasshopper. -Crip

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 06-07-2012 at 19:20.
OldCarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 19:07   #304
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCarolina View Post
Rising college senior, just researching and learning before I graduate and enlist into the U.S. Army. A thanks to all the

Silent Professionals

giving advice to those who visit the site, and a thanks to all the men and women of our armed forces. Hopefully I will be joining those ranks soon.

-OC

Well,, I gotta say most of us are not silent,, nor are we boisterous, neither rowdy, not verbose,, but Quiet...

Until the PARTY starts...

This you will learn,, maybe the hard way...

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:05   #305
Kamber

Hello gentlemen,

My name is Jason. I'm 19 years old and currently in the DEP as an 18X candidate with a ship date of 20121023. Thank you to all the Quiet Professionals, and others, who make the information on this forum available.

- Kamber
Old 06-08-2012, 14:55   #306
honeybadger
SF Candidate

Hello Gentlemen,
I'm a 27 y.o. x-ray getting ready to start the Echo program in a week. This site has been very helpful in the past so I wanted to finally post my introduction. I scored a 1+/1+ in Arabic, knocked out SUT/SERE and am ready to learn as much in the Echo program as possible. I'm interested in the Intermediate Language Course in the future to be able to speak Arabic better when I get to a team. Thanks to all the PS's for their posts and hopefully I'll be posting a graduate date in November!

Finest Regards

Last edited by honeybadger; 06-23-2012 at 16:38.
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:46   #307
Abel1st
BANNED USER

Greetings and Hello Gentleman

Twenty-three years of age, I want to be part of the U.S. Army Special Forces regiment as a Army Special Forces Soldier, a brother within a brotherhood of (beyond)extra-ordinary men. I want to put myself to use, to serve, to help, to lead, to follow, to listen, to learn, to teach, to defend, to be a warrior. I am fast, but can be faster, I am strong, but not Army strong, I am smart, but I can be smarter. I am on this site to read, to listen, to learn, and when I have confidence that I won't put my foot in my mouth to talk and converse with you fine gentleman. I am in the process of organizing my home, family, academic and work life [my civilian life] before committing to an 18x contract.
Abel1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:23   #308
GM13
SF Candidate

Introduction

Hello Everyone. Currently in the DEP - 18X contract. Shipping out in November. Find the site to be a great resource. Thanks for sharing and letting me in.

Last edited by GM13; 06-11-2012 at 19:39.
GM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:59   #309
We'rewolf
SF Candidate

Introduction

Currently serving as a MP at FT HOOD. Packet is currently being submitted to attend SFAS in September. I'm on Professional Soldiers in order to gain knowledge and guidance from those who have gone before me. I have read through numerous forums and read posts submitted by the QPs as well as those Selected. I appreciate the abundance of information and greatly look forward to SFAS. Thank you for your time.
We'rewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:09   #310
Boozzy
SF Candidate

Introduction

Hello everyone registered on the board to read and better prepare myself for the q course . I've just finished sfas in April but sadly I was peered out so I will be going back in aug. I'm stationed with 10th mountain in Louisiana and I'm a 35n
Boozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:20   #311
Tzu
SF Candidate

Introduction

Late starter Rep 63. Heading to basic this fall and pushing through until I'm done or busted. Hope to see yall at the end. My thanks to all those who went before and left a wealth of knowledge here.

Veni vedi.......tbd
Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 14:24   #312
Millcity
Asset

Talking Intro

Hello,

I joined the Army Reserve in 2007 at the start of my senior year in college. I had spent 3 years in Air Force ROTC and it just wasn't for me. I hold an MI mos and deployed to Iraq where I had my first interaction with an ODA team.

Like many, I was always interested in SF but assumed that my 5'10, 160 pound frame didn’t meet the vertical and horizontal requirements. My interactions with the ODA team (specifically a Fox) sealed the deal for me and I am training to attend a NG SFOP.

Currently I am an engineering student at night and work days as a DOD security professional. I have been 'Trolling' the site for over a year now and with the ruck splits getting lower and the PT score getting higher I figured it was time to throw up the intro.

Thanks for all the advice so far and I look forward to everything I will continue to learn leading up to SFOP.

Millcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 14:24   #313
Gholden
Asset

I have been lurking this forum for awhile just soaking in some knowledge. Currently a PL in Germany, and trying to be the best damn PL I can.

I would like to take a moment to thank all of the QPs for all their insight and knowledge that they have provided on this board. For now...back to reading.
Gholden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 14:31   #314
thraghman
Asset

Hello All,
My name is Sean, I am 23 years, and I am looking very seriously into the 18X program. I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register. To all the Quiet Professionals out there, thank you for your service and knowledge, and I hope to be seeing some of you before too long.
thraghman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 19:31   #315
NoLuck
SF Candidate

Hello,

My name is Kevin. I am 27 years old and just swore in today as an 18X through the National Guard. I ship out in October. Ive been lurking for awhile and did not want to post until I enlisted.
NoLuck is offline   Reply With Quote