Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-06-2017, 08:50   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Ragged Old Flag,, and a commie???

Quandary,, Splain sumptin to me Lucy...
I have always loved Johnny Cash and his song, Ragged Old Flag, is one of my favorites

BUT,, Why did Fox Sports producer Jennifer Pransky decide to pick Harry Belafonte to be the lead spokesmen in the "Ragged old flag" commercial??

Belafonte has been ardent unrepentant communist since the early 50t's. He is loved by the Castro's. He has supported some of the most atrocious despicable murderous dictators in Africa. He stands to the left of Saul Alinsky.

This is an insult to America. Belafonte is in no way representative of any American values and in fact is publicly opposed to our way of life.

for the young'ns
https://usefulstooges.com/2015/07/20...ted-stalinist/

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/supe...ag-1201978692/

RANT OFF

My $00.00002

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 02-06-2017 at 17:09.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 16:40   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

Here's the back-story how-they-approached-it video. It's at a youtube site and, like all those, has a comments section; fire away.

Disclaimer: Did not see actual piece run by Fox because blew off most pre-game stuff. I do agree about Belafonte.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 17:59   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
The backside video is fantastic. They introduced Nate Boyer, Kristie Ennis, Judge Thomas Ross, and Amitiyah Hyman.

Nate and Kristie are American Heroes.. Not familiar with the other two.

Not one word about Belafonte???

I did post a rant..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 00:09   #4
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

I happened to see that while sitting in the PAX terminal on Baghram. "YGBFKM!" was the first thing I said amongst a room of GIs getting ready to fly home. I doubt any of the youngsters in the terminal took note of, nor understood why I said that, which is sad.