Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-24-2017, 07:45   #31
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

I wonder if there is a modern Venona Project underway....

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:51   #32
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
I wonder if there is a modern Venona Project underway....
Under the previous administration? Doubtful.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:01   #33
cjwils3
Guerrilla

I am not denying that there are women in this country who are not treated fairly (and I am just as upset by that as the next person), but I cannot help but fume at the hypocrisy, vulgarity, and self-promotion that was on display at this women's march.

Women have it SO GOOD in this country. Hey Madonna, go to Saudi Arabia or any number of Islamic and even non-Islamic countries around the world and then tell me that you have it bad in America.

If somebody I am blessed to have a daughter, I will make damn sure she understands her dignity as a human being and the fact that she lives in the greatest country on Earth. I will also do my best to shield her from these people who have shown absolutely no class or decency. I am certainly not saying that all those present at the March were like this, but it did seem to be quite prevalent.

I am proudly pro-life, pro-child, AND pro-woman.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt
cjwils3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:40   #34
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Chelsea Handler came out this morning pretty much saying she despises the FLOTUS because she doesn't speak English well. (The news article slammed her for this saying the First Lady speaks five languages fluently...how many do you speak?)

I guess it's all about immigrants, free speech and women's rights until it isn't.

I hope she joins Judd, Madona, and other Hollywood types in the unemployable line on Hollywood Blvd and Vine St. Their bodies are still okay, it's just their minds have spoiled.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:55   #35
Oldrotorhead
Guerrilla Chief

deleted

Last edited by Oldrotorhead; 01-24-2017 at 16:34.
Oldrotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:05   #36
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrotorhead View Post
Dirty nasty Thugs attack peaceful women demonstrators in Paris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...v=yH3_dJArFV8:
That was over two years and, I'm pretty sure, mentioned here.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:33   #37
rsdengler
Area Commander

Infiltrate the March

Hey, if I was asked to infiltrate the Women's March, I would have gladly accepted the challenge. I would just need some clothing from the second hand store in size 2X or 3X, some poly-fill, and a sign that read "You Can't Touch This" and in tiny letters at the bottom "or maybe you would not want too". Then I would fit right in no questions asked.

I have to say being a woman, I think a lot of these demonstrators were repugnant, misinformed, nasty, some vile, disrespectful and totally wrong. I am not saying that I disagree with women's rights, and equality ...yada, yada, yada....but do it with respect and dignity towards others. And why won't they fight for equality and woman's rights in the Middle East, or other countries that deny the rights to all females. It is so hypocritical.....I have never been a fan of entertainers who think they know more than anyone else, think they have the intellect of Einstein, and think that "normal" Americans really care.....OK, I am off my soapbox....enjoy your day....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 01-24-2017 at 13:02.
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 13:22   #38
cbtengr
Area Commander

Am I the only person that hears that constant beep beep beep, it just dawned on me it's America going backward and it started last Friday morning.
Old 01-24-2017, 13:54   #39
echoes
Area Commander

The whole premise that this was a "women's" march is hilarious, IMHO. If it was legitimate, why not have it the day after Donald Trump was annouced the victor over the Hilldabeast?

Nope, this was a joke IMO, and one that was badly played out for the adoring media to swoop in on and try to paint American Women as upset, angry, and unhappy. HA!

If memory serves, at all the Trump rallies throughout the campaign, women of all shapes, sizes, colors, and economic backgrounds showed up to cheer on their candidate, which is our duty and responsibility as American citizens, IMHO.

I proudly voted for Donald Trump, and am very excited about the energy our new CIC is breathing in to Washington. He is my President, and the big O can rot in hell.

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 14:06   #40
rsdengler
Area Commander

Great Post :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
The whole premise that this was a "women's" march is hilarious, IMHO. If it was legitimate, why not have it the day after Donald Trump was annouced the victor over the Hilldabeast?

Nope, this was a joke IMO, and one that was badly played out for the adoring media to swoop in on and try to paint American Women as upset, angry, and unhappy. HA!

If memory serves, at all the Trump rallies throughout the campaign, women of all shapes, sizes, colors, and economic backgrounds showed up to cheer on their candidate, which is our duty and responsibility as American citizens, IMHO.

I proudly voted for Donald Trump, and am very excited about the energy our new CIC is breathing in to Washington. He is my President, and the big O can rot in hell.

Holly

Great Post, I totally agree with you. We know that the Media always tries to pit both sides against each other. We all just need to stand United with each other for the next 4 years Rita

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 01-24-2017, 14:10   #41
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
...the big O can rot in hell.
Every woman I have met has been a big fan of the big O......

....oh you meant Obama....carry on.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 14:19   #42
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post

....oh you meant Obama....carry on. ;
ROTFLMAO !

Doc, you are a sick man...I like it !

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 14:21   #43
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:

HA!

Jeeze Louise, Doc!

Holly

And, welcome aboard Rita. :-)

Last edited by echoes; 01-24-2017 at 14:24. Reason: Add welcome
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 14:30   #44
rsdengler
Area Commander

Too Funny

Quote:

Ha, good one, but I seem to recall that every man I ever met has also been a big fan of the big O.......

Holly...thanks, nice to be on board with my favorite type of people

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 01-24-2017, 14:37   #45
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Holly
Holly, it takes time, money (someone else's) and commitment to be angry after defeat. Remember the media had already elected Hillary before the election. Once the "Rumsfeld Effect" (Shock and Awe) wore off and the tissue boxes replaced they needed time to order all those Chinese made "Pussy Hats" and get them delivered via Amazon.

Absolute rage takes time, a symbol of that cause takes more time.

Why not organize your worldwide protest to coincide with the inauguration of the most hated man (in some minority circles) on the same day? Oh, yeah, the media can't effectively do split-screen reporting without lowering their ratings. So let's postpone our movement until the day after...after all batteries need time to recharge.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote