Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 5th Special Forces Group

Old 12-15-2011, 18:15   #91
Roger
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
Hey Glebo,

I remember that the one not to caught by with a questionable looking mustache was CSM Foreman. Getting an ass chewing by him was enough to leave one with a case of PTSD.

Was too young to make a judgement call on COL Guest but do remember a few of the inspirational speeches he gave.

"The Russians are afraid of our Special Forces and will commit an entire divison to eliminating one A-Team."

The actor who played Rambo's former Commanding Officer in the movie reminded me of Guest.

Ah, "James Adiran Guest", known by afew brave souls as "Jimbo"... once. I worked for him twice and it was interesting both times. Shepherd I wasn't impressed with. Booth was a solid professional. He ended up with 1st I think. Forrest K was one tough SOB though.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 18:22   #92
Roger
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Bob View Post
I don't even know why the stripes were moved off the flash.
I asked and Guest said "I won't have the colors of a defeated nation on my group flash". To Hell with history and tradition I guess. I kept mine sewn under the black one til I left.
Old 12-15-2011, 19:12   #93
CW3SF
Quiet Professional

I got to C/1/5 in Dec 88. I was told that 5th was put at FCKY by the Abn Mafia, meaning that the CG of 18th ABN Corps at Ft Bragg didn't want to lose a Group.

Since the 101st is also 18th ABN Corps, 5th was simply moving from one 18th ABN Corp post to another. That's how it was explained to me anyhow.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:43   #94
Roger
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I got to C/1/5 in Dec 88. I was told that 5th was put at FCKY by the Abn Mafia, meaning that the CG of 18th ABN Corps at Ft Bragg didn't want to lose a Group.

Since the 101st is also 18th ABN Corps, 5th was simply moving from one 18th ABN Corp post to another. That's how it was explained to me anyhow.
Could be. I was pushing for Huachuca when anyone asked. At least it fit the mission profile.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:23   #95
fasteddie565
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFI115 View Post
Okay guys. You all fail poli sci 101 or "How sxxx really takes place in the USA". There was one reason for the move and the same reason that Ft Campbell will never close.

The reason..drum roll, please; FOUR(4) Senators!!
Bing Bing Bing,

We have a winner!
fasteddie565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 20:46   #96
Shadar
Quiet Professional

Flash Exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post

Another formation we shared in. I was also standing in 1st Bn formation during the flash exchange.

CD
I was in 2nd Bn during the flash exchange.
Shadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:21   #97
Richard
Quiet Professional

This is like one of those "Why did the chicken cross the road?" questions.

Q: Why was the 5th moved?
A: Because they could.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:45   #98
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Q: Why was the 5th moved?
A: Because they could.

Richard
Sorry Richard...It was smore like "because they were told/ordered"...
Old 12-09-2012, 07:57   #99
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Richard
to get to the Range
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 15:53   #100
Congo336
Quiet Professional

This was a great trip down memory lane. I was on 594 and attending O&I when the big move hit. Those of us in 3/5 became 1/3 and we were supposed to change flashes but few did while we were still in O&I. Once I got back and 594 had become 334 we did a little training and bala-bing bala-bang, off to Desert Storm we ran. There sure were a lotta surprised folks when we showed up there living in the parking garage while 5th hung out in the bat cave.

PS, anyone vouch for me being there? I was the Team Sgt on 334 in the Storm, but had spent the previous few years as the Eng or Asst Opns on 594 before the Bragg to Campbell move. I've been on this site now and again since 2007 and just noticed I'm listed as an asset...an ass maybe, but I was also an 18-series whody-who.

Bill Easterling
Sons of the American Revolution: We descendants of the heroes of the American Revolution who, by their sacrifices, established the United States of America, reaffirm our faith in the principles of liberty and our Constitutional Republic, and solemnly pledge ourselves to defend them against every foe.
Congo336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 19:47   #101
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo336 View Post
This was a great trip down memory lane. I was on 594 and attending O&I when the big move hit. Those of us in 3/5 became 1/3 and we were supposed to change flashes but few did while we were still in O&I. Once I got back and 594 had become 334 we did a little training and bala-bing bala-bang, off to Desert Storm we ran. There sure were a lotta surprised folks when we showed up there living in the parking garage while 5th hung out in the bat cave.

PS, anyone vouch for me being there? I was the Team Sgt on 334 in the Storm, but had spent the previous few years as the Eng or Asst Opns on 594 before the Bragg to Campbell move. I've been on this site now and again since 2007 and just noticed I'm listed as an asset...an ass maybe, but I was also an 18-series whody-who.

Bill Easterling
Bill Check your PM's
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote