Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 11-25-2020, 17:07   #76
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uman View Post
I support Jews but voted for Hitler just does not pass the test in logic.
Priceless.

Goes with BLM voting for the guy who brought you the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (aka Biden's Crime Bill) that grew the police force by 100,000 police officers, turned over the US prison systems to "pay to play" corporations and saw to the imprisonment of predominantly black American men for minor crimes and three strikes laws, and claims the Grand Wizard of the KKK Robert C. Byrd was your mentor, friend and a father figure.

But hey, maybe BRCC can cut a deal to provide coffee to the BOP for a discount.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 21:22   #77
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
I Agree, it's just coffee... Like the elitist who drink very expensive wine for the aroma, taste, or some other fantasy...
“Just coffee!”

Outrage!

Mosques and Confusian Centers bad.

Establishments serving legal addictive substances while positively influencing for 2A and Freedom good.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 21:54   #78
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
“Just coffee!”

Outrage!

Mosques and Confusian Centers bad.

Establishments serving legal addictive substances while positively influencing for 2A and Freedom good.
Flagg, you and everyone else here are always welcome at my place anytime, just PM me for hours of operation and number to responsibly accommodate and socially welcome (during the current pandemic it will have to be an outdoor setting. Pop-Up tents available for inclement weather.)

I'll throw on some fresh Folgers Classic Roast, have the wife make fresh banana bread muffins, and we can sit around and clean my weapons while discussing the benefits and limitations of 9mm vs. 45-caliber, or the ballistic coefficients of 308 vs. 7.62 X 51 NATO.

I will always provide a full hot cup of good morning kickass freedom: sugar, half&half, or milk are optional. Discussions are mandatory!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 431C4C9D-EFC8-4583-8C82-1E77ED484409.jpeg (134.6 KB, 39 views)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 11-25-2020 at 22:00.
Old 11-25-2020, 22:14   #79
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
"From my perspective, BRCC, Evan, and the team have consistently displayed a pro-2A, pro-Freedom message. "

It's one thing to talk the talk.

It's another to put it on the line when someone actually uses the weapon you've named your brand for in self-defense.

They wouldn't have lost a single client for directly supporting Kyle.

They wouldn't have lost a single client for shutting the hell up.

They would have GAINED clients and retained clients for directly supporting Kyle.

They instead opened their mouth, doubled down, and people are rightfully treating them the way a fair-weather defender should be treated.

Two other coffee companies have decided to weigh in on this:

https://mediarightnews.com/covfefe-c...e-rittenhouse/

Do you think they're losing business over this?

I didn't think so either.
I’m not going to respond with snark.

But I will respond with facts.

BRCC has a social reach/engagement 10,000 times compared to Covfefe and Stocking Mill Coffee.

Tens of people might be reached and influenced by Covfefe and Stocking Mill Coffee.

Tens of millions have already been reached and influenced by BRCC.

Of course Covfefe and Stocking Mill Coffee are going to try and dogpile BRCC for coverage, precisely because they have practically zero reach and engagement.

I bet you a coffee it’s the last time either are heard from again.

This is where an understanding of Metcalfe’s Law of network effect and Zipf’s Law of distribution matter.

Metcalfe’s Law: BRCC’s quadratic network value is not 10,000 greater than that of the other two, it’s literally millions of times greater than the other two.

Zipf’s Law: Remember Talladega Nights, Ricky Bobby said “If you’re not first, you’re last”. That is essentially Zipf’s Law. BRCC is first, second place is 10 laps behind, Covfefe and Stocking Mill aren’t even in the same race(literally and figuratively).

Covfefe and Stocking Mill Coffee have exactly zero chance of moving the macro gen pop influence needle or realistically appeal to the middle. Zero.

The word Covfefe is simply repellent to anyone beyond the hard(er) right, not exactly conducive to influence. They will never sell a bag to anyone but an existing ardent believer.

Perhaps they should rename themselves Shining Path Coffee.

Which is a sequeway to the real point. This is not about coffee.

This is about real social influence.

This is not about tiny unknown coffee rebaggers fighting to shills a few beans on the hard(er) right.

BRCC has a shot at swaying many who live in the grey towards the right side of black and white.

Everyone you save is one less you have to fight.

I love coffee, I’m a coffee snob. I don’t buy BRCC coffee, but I get their long term strategy having met them and heard it straight from the source 5+ years ago.

And I’m not talking about their coffee business.

Do I need crazy pills?

Or are some folks fixated on short term cancel culture thinking and failing to observe the real big picture?

Exchange BRCC for Taliban and coffee beans for poppies, but keep the non kinetic UW/political warfare.

If I’m wrong, I look forward to buying everyone here a cup of Covfefe while I eat a big piece of humble pie.

But I reckon a few here will be paying up in proverbial BCCC brew in a few years time.
Old 11-25-2020, 22:16   #80
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Flagg, you and everyone else here are always welcome at my place anytime, just PM me for hours of operation and number to responsibly accommodate and socially welcome (during the current pandemic it will have to be an outdoor setting. Pop-Up tents available for inclement weather.)

I'll throw on some fresh Folgers Classic Roast, have the wife make fresh banana bread muffins, and we can sit around and clean my weapons while discussing the benefits and limitations of 9mm vs. 45-caliber, or the ballistic coefficients of 308 vs. 7.62 X 51 NATO.

I will always provide a full hot cup of good morning kickass freedom: sugar, half&half, or milk are optional. Discussions are mandatory!
I genuinely and sincerely appreciate the offer.

And I hope to take you up on it someday!
Old 11-25-2020, 22:36   #81
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Yeah but, one awe shit wipes out all the attaboys you attained over the period of time since the last awe shit.

No matter how you slice it BRCC's media faux pas in regards to "Free" Kyle's BRCC t-shirt and twitter "likes" by the CEO are one big awe shit moment that didn't have to be. They cast a shadow on their work amongst the more ardent of their supporters at the expense of pissing off the people who don't buy their coffee or products. Those people are challenged by buying Seattle's Best, Tully's or Starbucks they don't buy BRCC.

On a side note about this, I haven't heard (haven't looked either) but how is Mike Lindell the MyPillow guy doing in the media? (I don't think he cares too much about the cancel culture movement.) Also Ricky Schroder (a retired actor) is receiving death threats from the lunatic left and cancel culture. So while one side gives them attaboys the other side is not only not content with an awe shit but a "I'll fucking kill you asshole meme."

P.S. I think all three of the idiots that attacked Kyle that night probably all said, "I'll fucking kill you asshole..." (only they became the meme.)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 11-25-2020 at 22:44.
Old 11-26-2020, 14:37   #82
Justice
Asset

Brcc

It may not matter , but I definitely will not be spending my money with Black rifle coffee company.
Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 22:08   #83
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

I’ve had their coffee and I’m not impressed.

I’m on the side of stupid is as stupid does.

If they had come out and said something like, “Kyle was wearing one of our shirts and anyone can buy those shirts. It doesn’t mean we support or sponsor them or their actions in any way. We do believe in the right to self defense and the right of a jury of our peers and an incredible judicial system that believes the defendant is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Not in the media and not on social media.”

I’d probably have given them a pass, but they didn’t quite do that...they did what everyone on social media inexplicably does....the forced their own heads up their 4th point of contact and had diarrhea of the mouth. Then when scrutinized, turned out to be donating to anti-2A causes?? Huh?? So when someone says brcc supports the 2A....how is that reconciled??
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 22:32   #84
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

^^^this is exactly right.

Old 11-27-2020, 05:38   #85
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
BRCC has a shot at swaying many who live in the grey towards the right side of black and white.

I love coffee, I’m a coffee snob. I don’t buy BRCC coffee, .
I’m not convinced that is so. Just browse the tens of thousands comments to their videos and you can tell it’s a niche crowd already. Having been surrounded by progressive left for several years, I can tell that their content passes as offensive, even disturbing to them.

For the coffee snobs, when this pandemic is over I can get you the world’s most expensive coffee straight from the plantation. You can even grind the “unique “ raw beans yourself!

I had actually planned to get brcc CAF as gift for several coffee snobs. Oh well

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:53   #86
JGC2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWire View Post
I agree that he is a wedge issue. I disagree that standing/not standing with a 17yr old who made some stupid decissions makes anything clear on where anyone stands without having a discussion about said issues. It will include active listening and being open to seeing things from a different perspective, and possibly getting out of ones comfort zone.

I couldn't agree more. "US vs THEM" dynamics are exactly what is killing this country. People are going to have differing opinions, you go far enough down a rabbit hole and people will follow different forks. More to the point any of us is an "US until you are a THEM"....the level of discourse in this country is getting up to untenable levels, not to mention that the election has highlighted that we are very close to a 50%-50% split. Who is US and who is THEM? What are We the People going to do about "THEM"?

We the People, is all of Us.........

Being able to discuss our opinions and agree to disagree is one of the greatest things about being an American and living in the United States of America. YMMV.....
"Active listening" and "seeing things from a different perspective" got us Drag Queen Story Hour.

Hard pass. Conservatives need to start drawing lines in the sand.
Old 11-29-2020, 23:40   #87
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
"Active listening" and "seeing things from a different perspective" got us Drag Queen Story Hour.
Gaslight much? I’ve got a Map Gas Torch to go with that Diesel.

I would suggest if you’re being forced to go to Drag Queen Story Hour, your civil rights are being violated. pink font to denote sarcasm for those who remember.....

That’s not how freedom works.... YMMV

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:55   #88
Fonzy
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
And IRT the stolen valor claims, I stand by my belief that his direct quote of 300 days per year for 10 years is BS. If it was "inartful" reporting, he could easily have that claim taken out, but it still exists on multiple sites.
True but also not true. They were on a sister contract I was on and they (unintentionally or intentionally) muddy the numbers. A lot of guys on those contracts deployed over 300 days of deployment per year to hit the no taxable income. That's how they get these super high number of "deployments" when each rotation was only 90 days a pop .. but then again, does it really matter when you're still gone anyways? Not my call to make (or one I really care to make).

From what I understand he's lumping in his time in SF with his time contracting to get a big ol number.

Not that I really care tbh .... I was initially a fan of the brand but over the years they're pretty much a one trick pony. How many times can I be entertained about "Veterans in Horror Movies" short or the same pontification of world events that start with "as a veteran ....".

I will say ... good on them for building a die hard loyal fanbase. Because of their shorts anything they come out with is an instant hit with the BroVets and they've lined their pockets quite nicely. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit jealous.
Fonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:49   #89
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzy View Post
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit jealous.

I couldn't make a profit selling diamond crusted solid gold widgets if they fell out of the sky and landed in my yard - the best marketing scam I'd be able to field would be, "As a veteran, I want you you buy my diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets - when you buy my diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets you can rest easy knowing that you are making a veteran filthy rich - now, be a patriot and buy my diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets - in fact, to show you how awesome my diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets - check out this funny-ass video that has nothing to do with diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets"

I can't promise that my diamond crusted gold patriot widgets would be the BEST ones on the market, but I can promise that I would jack up the price so I can get rich before everyone realizes they are just like every other widget on the market.

I can also promise that I wouldn't donate any of my profits to a fucking dope smoking smelly hippy gun grabbing commie democrat.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:26   #90
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I couldn't make a profit selling diamond crusted solid gold widgets if they fell out of the sky and landed in my yard - the best marketing scam I'd be able to field would be, "As a veteran, I want you you buy my diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets - when you buy my diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets you can rest easy knowing that you are making a veteran filthy rich - now, be a patriot and buy my diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets - in fact, to show you how awesome my diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets - check out this funny-ass video that has nothing to do with diamond crusted solid gold patriot widgets"

I can't promise that my diamond crusted gold patriot widgets would be the BEST ones on the market, but I can promise that I would jack up the price so I can get rich before everyone realizes they are just like every other widget on the market.

I can also promise that I wouldn't donate any of my profits to a fucking dope smoking smelly hippy gun grabbing commie democrat.
You need to hire a country singer to make commercials saying that each diamond crusted gold patriot widget helps a vet in need. No need to discuss what he needs....could be that new 4x4 Crew Cab ... could be a bassboat...could be both.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote