Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 11-23-2020, 16:03   #46
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
I'm a fan of African and Indonesian single source beans - the darker the roast the better for me. I'm currently on a Tanzanian peaberry kick, but love my Sumatran as well. And I'm also a French press guy.

I drink the cheap stuff in large quantities in the hospital, but make the good stuff at home for myself, friends and family.
Nice to see you back Doc !

Been a minute.

Yeah, dark brews are interesting. I’ll have to take a look at those suggestions. I’ve been happy with the simplicity of the aforementioned espresso. But, with Christmas coming may need to upgrade. Thanks.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 17:27   #47
JGC2
Quiet Professional

Good coffee recommendations, fellas.

Now that BRCC is in the crosshairs of patriots, damning evidence continues to mount. Hafer's political donations are disgusting...

https://twitter.com/FenixAmmunition/...960954883?s=19
Old 11-23-2020, 18:33   #48
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Now, I use a glass french press at home.
Love mine!

My brother has been roasting beans lately as a hobby. After 26 batches he sent me a bit, I was impressed!
Old 11-23-2020, 18:51   #49
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Love mine!

My brother has been roasting beans lately as a hobby. After 26 batches he sent me a bit, I was impressed!
26 batches later he prolly has it down to a science !

Ohhh, that aroma !

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-24-2020, 07:20   #50
JimP
Quiet Professional

I'd just urge a little caution here. I went and read the docs posted. It looks like there was a kerfuffle from some female "PAO" for the company and the message put out. it was corrected. The statement released post-kerfluffle simply stated that they don't support Kyle. I read that as in they are not providing him with $$ in his current situation. I did NOT read it as they are not ideologically in-line with his actions of that night. Reasonable minds may differ.

I don't know Hafer. I DO know a guy still active in the community involved with them and he is the real deal. He is real quiet for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't go and accuse them of "stolen valor" based upon some inartful reporting of a highly-charged incident.

Give them the same break that you would want if you were to suddenly pop up in the press unintentionally. Do you think you'd get a fair break in the press?
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:52   #51
Box
Quiet Professional

For clarity - no accusation at all from me - I'm simply surprised to see them getting lambasted on Twizzler for association and political donations. They have been around for quite some years now and this is the first time I have ever heard their actions brought into question.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:14   #52
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Nice to see you back Doc !

Been a minute.

Yeah, dark brews are interesting. I’ll have to take a look at those suggestions. I’ve been happy with the simplicity of the aforementioned espresso. But, with Christmas coming may need to upgrade. Thanks.
I only drink the dark brews, I just like that strong but smooth flavor. No sugar, that I cannot stand in coffee, but I do have to have a bit of fresh cream. I do grind my own as well, it's my home spray when I grind lol....... Damnit, I need a cup right now....I'm freezing and have a damn headache....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 14:13   #53
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
I only drink the dark brews, I just like that strong but smooth flavor. No sugar, that I cannot stand in coffee, but I do have to have a bit of fresh cream. I do grind my own as well, it's my home spray when I grind lol....... Damnit, I need a cup right now....I'm freezing and have a damn headache....
Sounds like you could use a caffè corretto !

Add a dash of your favorite spirit.

Feel better !

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-24-2020, 14:44   #54
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Add a dash of your favorite spirit...
So many choices...
Baileys
Kahlua
Grand Marnier
Disarrono
Brandy

hell, just a good old fashioned Irish coffee can brighten your day
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 14:54   #55
tonyz
Area Commander

Never, and I mean never in 2020 underestimate the power and joy of day drinking !

And, with a touch of cafecito...no guilt !

Prosit !

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-24-2020, 17:02   #56
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Prosit !
Everytime I hear that it takes me back to a movie, home on leave and I hear: "No, on the tripod! You must PUT IT ON THE TRIPOD!"

Bueno. Now we can have coffee.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 17:11   #57
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Everytime I hear that it takes me back to a movie, home on leave and I hear: "No, on the tripod! You must PUT IT ON THE TRIPOD!"

Bueno. Now we can have coffee.
Well, let’s do it again !

Prosit Badger !!!!

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-24-2020, 18:03   #58
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
26 batches later he prolly has it down to a science !

Ohhh, that aroma !

He's kind of a perfectionist!
Old 11-24-2020, 19:16   #59
Penn
Area Commander

BRCC, is solid. No question about authtenicity or personal Bone Fides, GRS teams, RR, etc,.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:10   #60
JGC2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I'd just urge a little caution here. I went and read the docs posted. It looks like there was a kerfuffle from some female "PAO" for the company and the message put out. it was corrected. The statement released post-kerfluffle simply stated that they don't support Kyle. I read that as in they are not providing him with $$ in his current situation. I did NOT read it as they are not ideologically in-line with his actions of that night. Reasonable minds may differ.

I don't know Hafer. I DO know a guy still active in the community involved with them and he is the real deal. He is real quiet for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't go and accuse them of "stolen valor" based upon some inartful reporting of a highly-charged incident.

Give them the same break that you would want if you were to suddenly pop up in the press unintentionally. Do you think you'd get a fair break in the press?
He said he was "not okay" with a picture of Rittenhouse wearing a BRCC t-shirt, then he liked a tweet calling Rittenhouse a "punk ass" (screenshots below). That's gay, and the ridicule Hafer has gotten from doing so is well-deserved.

And IRT the stolen valor claims, I stand by my belief that his direct quote of 300 days per year for 10 years is BS. If it was "inartful" reporting, he could easily have that claim taken out, but it still exists on multiple sites.

IMO Rittenhouse is the perfect wedge issue for 2020 America. You either support him or you don't, and your choice makes it clear where you stand on the divide in this country that looks less and less repairable every day. Absolutely no excuse for a company whose entire persona is predicated on pro-gun sentiment to refuse to actively endorse him. This kid shot commie pedophile rapists in self defense for crying out loud, there probably hasn't been more of a clear cut case for the SOF community to rally around since Randy Weaver. The unwillingness of our community to go all in on advocacy for this kid, meaning that anyone who doesn't get fully onboard gets ridiculed into oblivion, even if it's one of our own, just baffles me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2020-11-25_02-09-25.jpg (39.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2020-11-25_02-09-25 (2).jpg (46.0 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by JGC2; 11-25-2020 at 01:20.
JGC2 is offline   Reply With Quote