Old 08-04-2020, 15:06   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Did you l know??

Brooke Shields spent some time at Rick's Lounge
As did others back in the ole days

Quote:
FayWHAT? Did Brooke Shields visit Rick’s Lounge in Fayetteville?
By Rodger Mullen, Staff writer, Jun 2, 2019

The actress visited town in 1987 for a Bob Hope TV special and took a wild motorcycle ride while she was here.

George Damour had a question about a Fayetteville folk tale.

“When I was stationed at Fort Bragg from 1989 to 1994, I heard a story that Brooke Shields stopped by Rick’s Lounge and hung out with soldiers,” he wrote to the Observer’a FayWHAT?, “Is this true?”

Quote:
Rick’s was a topless bar on the 400 block of Hay Street, at one time one of many such bars downtown.

The bar was popular with soldiers and others and an irritant to city leaders intent on changing Fayetteville’s “Fayettenam” image.

Rick’s was the subject of court battles and in 1986 was destroyed by fire. It reopened and remained until 1995. The Fayetteville Police Department headquarters now stands where topless dancers once gyrated on poles.

During her visit to Fayetteville, Shields found time to stop by Rick’s for a little fun, and her visit got nationwide attention.

A publication called Outlaw Biker picked up on Shields’ visit, during which she apparently took a ride with a “420 pound tattooed and leathered biker named Boda.” It ran a six-page article on the actresses’ adventure, including pictures and an interview with Boda.

Boda told Outlaw Biker that Shields showed up at Rick’s with her mother and asked to be taken for a motorcycle ride. Boda said he volunteered because he was “the only sober person around.”
https://www.fayobserver.com/news/201...n-fayetteville
I understand there has been renewed interest by local HS students in the history of Rick's Lounge??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bs fayet-nam.jpg (55.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg bs boda.jpg (56.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg all our moms.jpg (47.0 KB, 56 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 18:08   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

Crab Leg Tuesday described a few of the dancers as well as the food...

If you walk across that part of Hay Street at midnight on the first Friday after payday, you can still hear the screams of a GI putting his last dollar bill in a garter strap and the whispered sounds of "buy me a drink" seem to come from nowhere and everywhere at the same time - scary shit.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 19:47   #3
uberkamper
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Brooke Shields spent some time at Rick's Lounge
As did others back in the ole days

I understand there has been renewed interest by local HS students in the history of Rick's Lounge??
I love the last pic... LOL
uberkamper is offline   Reply With Quote