Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 09-25-2014, 16:36   #1
rubberneck
Area Commander

Operation choke point

I wonder if this is the next big scandal coming out of this administration. I've read several stories on it but none from any of the major media outlets. The idea of the Federal Government intimidating financial institutions into refusing to service lawful businesses in an attempt to neuter the second amendment is almost as bad as sending the IRS after tea party organizations.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/09/25/gu...er-hip-square/

http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...n-choke-point/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...n-choke-point/

Last edited by rubberneck; 09-25-2014 at 16:41.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 20:16   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
I wonder if this is the next big scandal coming out of this administration.
Heard of this approach early-on, after the (resigning) Stasi chief finally got his permanent lackey for ATF.

Scandal? I would yawn if I heard about this on the news or that some new sub-committee was formed and "there will be hearings." Because so much success has come out of Congress' work on Fast & Furious, using the IRS to target political opponents, massive data collection on US citizens, the sacrifice of Benghazi personnel, et al.

Shhhh... move along Comrade.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:01   #3
ddoering
Quiet Professional

Sounds like we will be needing more prison space to house the current administration after they leave office.
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:38   #4
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
This one is absolutely true. I recently did some banking for new website and my banker spent a good 20 minutes reading the terms of the processor, turns out some companies freeze funds in doubt even in non firearms transactions, sometimes that stems from an image, perceived related gear, etc... I read of one business that had a customer call a blank adapter a flash hider, that was all it took for that processor to freeze all transactions , meaning all funds being processed were held for so called breach of terms. IIRC it was Square.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 13:47   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

More hearings to a theater near you

Quote:
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and Economic Growth, Job Creation and Regulatory Affairs Subcommittee Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio yesterday requested information from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen and Comptroller of the Currency Thomas Curry on the involvement by federal banking regulators in the multiple federal agency initiative known as “Operation Choke Point.” In Operation Choke Point, the Administration encouraged banks to terminate the accounts of legal businesses that they considered objectionable.
Letter from Issa's committee to the Fed.

This'll get tidied up in no time, like Fast & Furious, journalist targeting, conservative group targeting, ad-hoc Obamacare exemptions, and other cast-members too numerous to mention.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 04-17-2016, 14:49   #6
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

http://dailysignal.com/2016/04/13/ex...n-choke-point/
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 15:37   #7
Badger52
Area Commander

Thanks. Illuminating to see the expeditious manner with which Congress is dealing with this deplorable behavior.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:08   #8
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
The bill, called the Financial Institution Customer Protection Act, bans federal agencies that oversee banks from requesting or ordering banks to terminate customer accounts “unless the regulator has material reason.”
Why the *&^% do we need fresh legislation to prevent what has to already be illegal on some level, definitely immoral and scandalous on all levels?
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:18   #9
Oldrotorhead
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
Why the *&^% do we need fresh legislation to prevent what has to already be illegal on some level, definitely immoral and scandalous on all levels?
Unless there are criminal penalties for individuals that violate this "new" law it is just fluff and BS.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:11   #10
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrotorhead View Post
Unless there are criminal penalties for individuals that violate this "new" law it is just fluff and BS.
Cut right to the Town Square.

WANTED: Carpenters, Riggers... also a Bladesmith seeking to expand horizons on a classic design. Supplies furnished. Self-starters & a quality work-ethic a must.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:25   #11
Axe
Guerrilla

I ran into this 2 months ago when I set up a bank account for my N F A trust with my local bank.

About 3 weeks after opening the account, the branch manager contacted me and told me that their auditors didn't want any firearms related bank accounts and had directed him to close the account. He asked for additional details to try to go to bat for me.

In the end, I was allowed to keep the account likely because I am a business loan customer of the bank, have done business with them for more than 15 years, and I am a known entity in the small community I live in.

The bank turned down two others that wanted to establish N F A trust accounts before me at other branches, and they say that they will be turning down anyone else who applies for an account.

Last edited by Axe; 04-22-2016 at 09:31.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:19   #12
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
I ran into this 2 months ago when I set up a bank account for my N F A trust with my local bank.

About 3 weeks after opening the account, the branch manager contacted me and told me that their auditors didn't want any firearms related bank accounts and had directed him to close the account. He asked for additional details to try to go to bat for me.

In the end, I was allowed to keep the account likely because I am a business loan customer of the bank, have done business with them for more than 15 years, and I am a known entity in the small community I live in.

The bank turned down two others that wanted to establish N F A trust accounts before me at other branches, and they say that they will be turning down anyone else who applies for an account.
A first-hand example of a US gov't agency used as a weapon against its own people.