Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 02-23-2017, 11:35   #2266
Rolling-Stone
Asset

Hello, I'm currently studying at Penn State Berks for Mechanical Engineering. Want to pursue a career with the Special Forces after college, I'll be using this site to help prepare myself for selection and Q course.
Rolling-Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:56   #2267
jdba249
Asset

Intro

How's it goin', y'all. I'm a former Avionics Mechanic, now contracted with ROTC. My intent is to learn all I can about the profession in order to help me make a branch decision. As of right now, I'm looking at Infantry, because I believe the knowledge and skills one develops as an 11A would be beneficial both during selection/Q course and as an 18A. I look forward to perusing the forums and getting engaged with you all. Have a good one!

- Jason
Old 02-26-2017, 14:18   #2268
bs79
Asset

Location: New Jersey (home base - currently overseas as a contractor)
Intro

I am a civilian and a contractor looking to learn as much as I can here. This is an amazing resource. I had been interested in the NG for some time but may have missed the age cutoff.
bs79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:40   #2269
JoeQ
Asset

Thank You

Hello,

I want to thank you for this invaluable resource and community.

My name is Joe. I am a 30 yr old husband and father of two working as a firefighter/NREMT in MS. I enlisted in the MSARNG to begin the journey on the SF Pipeline. This site has been a steady source of advice and information for which I am extremely grateful.

Thank you again for your time and guidance
JoeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:17   #2270
JDS351
Asset

Intro

My name is Jared, 26 y.o. Current member of the MI National Guard. Had aspirations for a long time to do work for an SF type organization. Don't come from a mil background so this was a new adventure for both me and my family. Since I joined the Army in '13, I latched on to what they had to offer. I spent lots of free time during basic/AIT learning about the Army and their special forces groups. I have since figured out how this whole Army thing works (or at least think I have) and I am currently attempting to find an SFRE course through 20th group in IL to give my shot at joining the SF community. Nothing would give me more quiet pride and a feeling of service than to join something like this. I finally feel like I had a goal to reach for and I am looking forward to what the future has in store for me.

Been a member on here for a little while absorbing the info I can get and would like to get my intro in.

Additionally, if anyone is in the MI area who could assist me on my journey, I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get.
JDS351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:51   #2271
JJungle
Asset

First Post

Hi,

I am a former SF trooper - 23 years in the service.

My time was spent with 10th SFG, Berlin (twice), SWC, and a unit that cannot be named.

VR & DOL
JJungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 19:52   #2272
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJungle View Post
Hi,

I am a former SF trooper - 23 years in the service.

My time was spent with 10th SFG, Berlin (twice), SWC, and a unit that cannot be named.

VR & DOL
Welcome & appreciate the work put into the book. See you in the threads.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 13:34   #2273
Lblanch40
Asset

My name is Larry. Served in the Army back in the 70's. Was in Co A, 1st Bn, 7th SFG(A). Was an 11B back in those days. Got out in late 1974, so that makes me kind of an old guy now. Very proud of my service and to all those who have/are serving. Joined this board to keep up with the goings on in the SF community. DOL.
Lblanch40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 18:20   #2274
glebo
Quiet Professional

Welcome aboard L40
Old 03-09-2017, 03:11   #2275
G2squared
Auxiliary

Introduction

After 24 yrs I retired from the Army Reserves and E8. I spent the last couple years as an instructor and prior to that 1SG of a CSH. Larger operational unit was more fun for me due to the types of missions, funding available to support humanitarian aid missions and the leadership challenges that a large Company brings.
I have had the luck to be at the right place at the right time to be trained in 4 MOS.
- 11B
- 91B (combat medic as a pre-req to 91V)
- 91V Respiratory Therapy
- 91A Biomed (medical equipment repair)
I work as a Biomed now specializing in repair of imaging equipment.
I've been a SCUBA Instructor, Licensed Boat Captain (50 Ton Master, Near Costal), and Instrument Rated Pilot for single engine and VFR pilot for multi-engine planes.
Combat tour in Kuwait and Iraq, ending in dodging mortars and RPGs at Anaconda, 2003-2004. Of the 22 months on orders, 13 were in theater. While there I was at CSHs so no direct contact with anything worse than malaria meds and the DFAC food.

I look forward to being a member of this group.
G2squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 20:32   #2276
UF Gators
Asset

Good Evening

Good Evening QP's,

It's an honor to have the ability to communicate with some of the greatest men this country has to offer. I am humbly and respectfully thankful for your service to the people of this country and foreign nations. My name is Cody, and I am currently a political science major at UF. I hope I can extract the worldly knowledge that you all have to further my understanding of politics. After I graduate from school, I aspire to attend SFAS. I am very excited to absorb the wisdom graciously presented in this forum. Thank you for your time.

Earnestly,
Cody
Prudent men often say, neither casually or groundlessly, that anyone wishing to see what is to come should examine what has been, for all the affairs of the world in every age have had their counterparts in ancient times.
Machiavelli's Discourses pg. 413
UF Gators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 14:44   #2277
SC Pete
Quiet Professional

SF Pete intro

SFQC class 1-84. 10th, 7th, SWC & 3rd SFG(A). 18 years on an ODA, 2yrs SWC, 1 year ODB. NO higher HQ time... Career "hiding under a rucksack".
SC Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 17:18   #2278
rtsai2
Asset

I am a 24 year old civilian med tech thinking about the 18x contract. If I qualify, my ultimate goal is to serve as a Special Forces Medical Sergeant.
rtsai2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:25   #2279
Mr Weiss
Asset

This is probably my third introduction. I created this account years ago back in high school. Since then, I've graduated with my B.A., lived abroad twice, and just swore in 18x - shipping first week of August.

It's about time!
Old 03-29-2017, 03:36   #2280
49erCandidate
Asset

Introduction

Greetings and Salutations,

I am an upcoming college graduate and a first to pursue the military in my entire family so my background is coming from complete scratch. I have sworn into the 18x program 2 weeks ago and am shipping in the first week of August. Ecstatic for the upcoming challenges ahead on this new journey!

Thank you.
49erCandidate is offline   Reply With Quote