Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-08-2018, 07:01   #1
bblhead672
Area Commander

NRA meeting in Dallas

Attended the NRA Annual Meeting in Dallas on Friday and Saturday this past weekend.
So many vendor booths I didn't even see it all in two days.
Highlights of the weekend for me:
1. Shook the hand and saluted a Medal of Honor recipient. Was emotional for both myself and my neighbor who is also a vet.
2. Met a 84 year old Korean War vet on the train from Ft. Worth to Dallas. He was walking with a cane due to recent surgery on his foot to remove a plate put there when he had motorcycle accident 10 years ago. Still rides, although he had dual wheels put on his new motorcycle. He got off the train and took off walking the 6 blocks to Convention Center, leaving me and my next door neighbor to try to keep up! He beat us there by a block.
3. Attended seminar by SGM (retired) Kyle Lamb.
4. Surrounded by polite people all weekend.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 13:21   #2
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

NRA Meeting:

What was the attendance ? I am guessing that it was crowded. but, the Main Stream Media will never report it. The ultra liberal "progressive" left is on a mission to demonize The NRA. and assault rifles, high capacity magazines under the FALSE PREMISE of "common sense gun control" every level headed AMERICAN can see through this propaganda....Tom Kelly
Old 05-08-2018, 15:20   #3
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
What was the attendance ? I am guessing that it was crowded. but, the Main Stream Media will never report it. The ultra liberal "progressive" left is on a mission to demonize The NRA. and assault rifles, high capacity magazines under the FALSE PREMISE of "common sense gun control" every level headed AMERICAN can see through this propaganda....Tom Kelly
Attendance record set as 87,154 NRA Members attended.

I saw 7 protesters total in 2 days, although I believe most of them were kept in area away from where most of the attendees would even see them. A Dallas Police officer remarked that there were more police than protesters.

One liberal news outlet reported the attendees as "mostly older white men" but every picture they included in the article showed lots of women.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote