Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 04-27-2018, 16:14   #1
Pete
Quiet Professional

Futures Command

Futures Command????

N.C. officials: State a natural fit for Army’s Futures Command

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/2018...utures-command

"Bringing the U.S. Army’s planned Futures Command to North Carolina makes sense, according to state officials.

And to prove it, they are asking the Army to take a look at how state officials and organizations already partner with or support key military groups, from sprawling Fort Bragg to the Army Research Office in Research Triangle Park.

Larry D. Hall, secretary for the North Carolina Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, said the relationships built between the state and those key Army facilities could prove to be the difference maker as the Army looks to whittle down a list of 15 finalists for the planned major command......."

Well, well, well another major command which will take part of Forces Command, TRADOC and Army Material Command.

Notice - no commands ever go away.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 17:30   #2
7624U
Quiet Professional

https://www.army.mil/standto/2018-03-28

lay down of the organization above.

So all the G5's from Forces Command, TRADOC and Army Material Command
said we need a Future Command. More billets for the 172% over strength O-6 population yay win win.

I think all the FOG's need to make a Past Command
Record all history so the Future Command does not make the same mistakes of the Past Command.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 20:08   #3
bubba
Quiet Professional

Sounds like the dept of redundancy dept needs more O-types to feed at the trough......

“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 22:12   #4
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
https://www.army.mil/standto/2018-03-28

lay down of the organization above.

So all the G5's from Forces Command, TRADOC and Army Material Command
said we need a Future Command. More billets for the 172% over strength O-6 population yay win win.

Record all history so the Future Command does not make the same mistakes of the Past Command.
Agreed promote everyone to O6 and get it over with already they are doing the same thing only slower
Old 05-04-2018, 12:46   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
'Course they'd have to actually read them.

Template for every white-paper cover sheet would be,

"No shit! True Story, There I was..."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 16:59   #6
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

They probably figured they needed someplace new to house the overflow of all those do-nothing (I mean, waiting-for-command-position) O-5's and 6's that have been hot-bunking over in Bahgram all these years. I never saw so many field-grades in one place. You'd have thought that with all those war college geniuses just sitting around soaking up oxygen, they'd have figured out how to close the Trashcanistan campaign a long time ago.
Old 05-04-2018, 16:59   #7
2018commo
Quiet Professional

Working in RDT&E land, word is this four star command will swallow up big pieces of ATEC and RDECOM and are looking for stationing in a metropolitan area, with ties to high end academia, Boston seems to be in the running. The goal is to shorten requirement to fielding timelines. Although as others have stated perhaps its about officer billets, but the 21K billets we have on post, less than 2K are uniform.
Perhaps the No Colonel Left Behind outfits, Booz Allen, Battelle ect. are maxed out...
Roll out is rumored to be inline with the Army's Birthday.

Jump Street Never Ends

“There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go, no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone”

"Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you"
2018commo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 18:59   #8
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018commo View Post
Working in RDT&E land, word is this four star command will swallow up big pieces of ATEC and RDECOM and are looking for stationing in a metropolitan area, with ties to high end academia, Boston seems to be in the running. The goal is to shorten requirement to fielding timelines. Although as others have stated perhaps its about officer billets, but the 21K billets we have on post, less than 2K are uniform.
Perhaps the No Colonel Left Behind outfits, Booz Allen, Battelle ect. are maxed out...
Roll out is rumored to be inline with the Army's Birthday.

God NO
Old 05-04-2018, 20:00   #9
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
God NO
My thought exactly. Most recent example in an article I happened to look at involved some high-end akademia at the behest of the old Ordnance Dep't FUBAR'ing what eventually became the longest-serving battle rifle ev-uh.

Yeah, let's overthink some more shit, that'll fix everything.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 20:16   #10
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Exhibit A.

Counter Unconventional Warfare is a pillar of Irregular Warfare so is Counter Insurgency.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 20:18   #11
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
My thought exactly. Most recent example in an article I happened to look at involved some high-end akademia at the behest of the old Ordnance Dep't FUBAR'ing what eventually became the longest-serving battle rifle ev-uh.

Years and years inside the hallowed halls of the Ivy League do in fact provide practical, real-world experience. Yup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The making of a roadmap.jpg (15.6 KB, 35 views)

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote