Old 10-08-2017, 18:52   #2356
chance
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Mike Mike View Post
First of all, let me say that it is an honor for me to be on this site/forum, among my dad's brothers-in-arm.

My name is Yvette Benavidez Garcia and I am the proud daughter of Roy P. Benavidez, Medal of Honor Recipient (Vietnam). Chance referred me to your forum (thankfully).

I am looking forward to connecting with a lot of you on here as I know that many of you either knew my dad, or served with him.

Thanks, in advance, for sharing your stories with me about my dad. What an awesome family to be apart of.

With respect,
Yvette
Glad you made it!
Old 10-08-2017, 21:14   #2357
Tango Mike Mike
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance View Post
Glad you made it!
Thanks....don't know what I am doing, but glad to be on here. I can't even find my original post. LOL. Even when I do a search, it doesn't pop up. Go figure!

{Psssst, you asked me to delete the wrong intro threads, Team Sergeant}
Tango Mike Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 18:25   #2358
Beatingmyself
Asset

Introduction

First off, Thank you for this incredible resource. Also, Thank you for your service.

I am 20 years old, recently finished my A.D. My whole life I have had the uncontrollable urge to serve my country at the highest capacity I could fathom. It took me a very long time to mature enough and wrap my mind and body around that same urge sadly, nevertheless; this is my time.

I have researched every single SOF occupation and always strongly considered the Navy SEALs as the path I would follow. Through my research and readings I found Army Special Forces and saw your mantra "De Oppresso Liber". This mantra for some reason has since then hit me hard, even when I was so motivated to become a SEAL. Part of the process that led me to pursue "the calling" ,as I have read from numerous QP's on this site. I found myself thinking that life would be everything I wanted and more once I attained a NSW Trident. This thought, could have ended my potential to serve at the highest capacity and perform my role in said capacity, if I hadn't revisited why I wanted to be a part of a SOF role.

Team, loyalty, drive, aggression and understanding the forces that work against and terrorize our country are why I want to be a Special Forces soldier. I have found my calling in life. I plan on improving my endurance, speed, situational awareness and ability to pay attention to details. I don't know how everything will work out. Not quitting is a given, I will perform to my closest rendition of perfection each and every day.

My next post will be made when I graduate SFQC.

Follow the calling.

Stay safe, best of luck in all life brings.

"He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior" - Confucious

Last edited by Beatingmyself; 10-09-2017 at 18:40. Reason: Grammtical error and slightly miss worded
Beatingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:36   #2359
Tango Mike Mike
Asset

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
Welcome, Great respect. SALUTE..
Thanks for the welcome!!!
Old 10-14-2017, 08:38   #2360
Tango Mike Mike
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
Welcome, Yvette!!
Thanks!
Old 10-14-2017, 08:40   #2361
Tango Mike Mike
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Welcome, Yvette! Profound respect for your Dad. Looking forward to your comments and interaction here. [Salute]
Thank you ... I am looking forward to this site. It's nice to be among great company.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:42   #2362
Tango Mike Mike
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Welcome Yvette!
Anything we can do just let us know !

Team Sergeant
Thanks for the offer. The fact that I get to be among my dad's brothers-in-arms is good enough. I appreciate the inclusion. I am looking forward to this site.
Old 10-15-2017, 19:12   #2363
deasler
Asset

Intro

Greetings,

Not going to do the life story here since that would be long, convoluted, and boring. Let it suffice for now that I am a 36yo airborne infantry veteran, I passed selection 7 or 8 years ago but declined to continue down the pipeline. Now I'm trying to rejoin the NG and go to SFAS again. The dream lives on. Feel free to message me or ask questions.

I already sent an info sheet in via nationalguardsf.com and I'm waiting to hear back from them; it's been over a week now, idk what to expect for a turnaround. My next move is to hit up RI NG POC for A 2/19.

I used this site as a resource last time around and it was very helpful, but I never felt the need to post since most of my questions were answered by looking around on the site. Posting now as a general shout out and to talk about options. I'm not ruling out an active duty run.

Thanks in advance for tips and tricks.
deasler

R.I.P. SSG Tim McGill (KIA 9-21-13 Afghanistan)
deasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:58   #2364
SABAYWTB
Asset

Introduction

My name is Flipper, I am a direct commission officer from the ROTC program at Furman University in Greenville, SC, graduated in May 2015. After graduation I found home in Kansas City, MO and joined the Army Reserve Medical Corps as a Health Services Administrator, subsequently, joining the 7227th Medical Support Unit in Columbia, MO as the Executive Officer. I have an Uncle who is a retired “Quite Professional,” and he has helped to guide me on this journey towards being awarded the Green Beret.

As a Reserve Soldier, if all goes as planned, my plan of action is as follows: I am looking to be recruited by the SWTD 5th Battalion, 19th Special Forces Group (Airborne), a National Guard Unit in Colorado (contact has already been made). I will attend their Special Forces Readiness Evaluation (SFRE) drill, followed by SFAS, and then transition into the National Guard before attending SFQC.

In closing, thank you for providing interested Civilians and Soldiers like me with the tools for success. You have done what you can to make us successful, it is now on us, as individuals, to actually succeed.

(EDIT: No names. Nicknames are fine. Team Sergeant)

- Eric Thomas

Last edited by SABAYWTB; 10-18-2017 at 02:35. Reason: Removed Name
SABAYWTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:59   #2365
Rwtfnow
Asset

Introduction

Good Morning,
My name is Gunn and I'm currently a senior in college in Wisconsin. Recently signed an 18x contract to ship 2018. I am a prior service 31B in the USAR. I took part in ROTC for about three years at my university, but ultimately did not peruse it to completion. Im excited to ship next year and gain various perspectives about the pipeline through this online community.
Rwtfnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 00:13   #2366
Servus
Asset

Introduction

Hello QPs and community,

For at least a little longer, I am a civilian, with no military background in my family. I just turned 27: older than the average recruit, but hopefully a little wiser too. I come from a pretty sheltered, liberal upbringing, which is probably why it took me this long to hear the call. Since high school I have been a fitness trainer with keen interest in languages, science and medicine.

I have been training and studying for about a year now to prepare for service; when I first got it into my head to enlist, I dreamed of joining the Air Force and becoming a Pararescueman, but an old friend and mentor who is now an 18D in 10th SFG persuaded me that the Army held more promise for me.

I took ASVAB this week and scored high in all areas. Now I'm working with my recruiter on the final hurdles to sign an 18X contract. I'm trying not to be too pleased with myself as I haven't accomplished anything yet, but I am determined and I know how to keep my mouth shut and my eyes open.

To all the QPs here: thank you for your service, and thank you in advance for any guidance you may be able to provide.

Your servant,
"John"

Last edited by Servus; 10-27-2017 at 02:08. Reason: Extraneous words. Clarity.
Servus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 14:30   #2367
JSJ-ARNG
Asset

Intro

Greetings everyone,

Thank you to all the ladies and gentlemen who've served or supported the bravest operators in the world. Currently deployed myself supporting the OIR mission as well as some special guys.

Anyway, I enlisted as a mechanic when I was a junior in high school. I was extremely motivated by the challenges and opportunities to better myself that the army offered. For one it allowed me to pay for a degree in electrical engineering. However, as an E5 writing my own NCOERs, taking on multiple tasks for my platoon sergeant, volunteering to run remedial PT and still having no say in what we did or how we operated I felt I could have a greater impact on whatever organization I was part of as an officer.

As soon as I gained enough college credits I went OCS and branched as an intel officer for an aviation battalion. The aviation life is easy compared to the FSCs I had been in, and they're trying to get me to go to flight school, but SF has been my long term goal since I was enlisted. Even though I've already attended and SFRE, I'll be a 1LT promotable in FEB18, making me "eligible" to tryout for SF.

The first SFRE weekend I attended was back in OCT16, but unfortunately I cramped up on the ruck, puked bile and finished 10 mins over the limit. It was a humbling experience, as just 4 months prior I completed a ranger assessment in Fort Huachuca with a 2.5 hour 12 miler. It was a good experience and I learned a lot from it.

I'm looking at signing up and attending the next SFRE weekend, once I get back. In the meantime I would like to talk with some silent professionals about their experiences in the SF life.

War continues to change evolve and get more complicated (exhibit A: the Middle East). I know that SF are intended to be force multipliers but it seems like they are being utilized as advisers that are micromanaged and have to fight through endless amounts of red tape to get their mission accomplished... These are just my views from the outside of their operations so that's where I would appreciate your thoughts/views.

That's where I'm at. Feel free to message me.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you all!
JSJ-ARNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:15   #2368
spiff56
Asset

introduction

25 series to 18E now in the National Guard.
spiff56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:52   #2369
LVNF96
Asset

Currently serving in Active Army just wating to go to SFAS. I'm trying to prepare as much as possible.
LVNF96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 17:33   #2370
Mr. Miyagi
Asset

THX for the add...

Recently retired from Army/SF. Heard this site mentioned to me several times over the years. After a friend (former SF) mention the site last week, decided to join and contribute to the site and support the SF Regiment/community where I can.

Spent time in 1/7 SFG, 1/3 SFG, 4/3 SFG, SWC and USASFC(A) before it transitioned to 1st SFC. Served as a 18B, 18F, and 18Z.

Good to be here!
Mr. Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote