Old 08-02-2010, 15:13   #1
zoolander6
Quiet Professional

SOCOM memorial wall

Not too many are aware of the SOCOM memorial. From a birds eye view it resembles the SOCOM patch "tip of the spear" Follow the link, and you can look up our fallen warriors on the wall.

http://www.specialoperationsmemorial.org/search.cfm
zoolander6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 15:40   #2
Tatonka316
Gold Star Father

Thank you Zoolander! I knew about the SOCOM Memorial Wall, but never saw Chris' plate before. I will be visiting in person in September when I go talk at the Special Operations Warrior Foundation banquet, but it is good to see this, particularly this week.

I miss you, my son - more everyday. I will see you soon.

molon labe
Tatonka316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 15:46   #3
zoolander6
Quiet Professional

do you have a time and date of the banquet? Yeah i live close to Macdill and i went to see/visit some of our warriors from our last trip that are on the wall as well.
Old 08-02-2010, 16:00   #4
Tatonka316
Gold Star Father

I am pretty sure it is 28 Sep, but I will get exact time/location and get back to you then. Looking forward to meeting you, brother!!!
Tatonka316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 16:04   #5
zoolander6
Quiet Professional

thanks, and you to. Im actually one of "thier guys" over there. Maybe their tired of hearing from me and didnt send an invite lol, or just havnt got around to it yet.
Old 08-02-2010, 17:29   #6
alright4u
Quiet Professional

Re: Memorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoolander6 View Post
Not too many are aware of the SOCOM memorial. From a birds eye view it resembles the SOCOM patch "tip of the spear" Follow the link, and you can look up our fallen warriors on the wall.

http://www.specialoperationsmemorial.org/search.cfm
I think it was about 8 plus years ago we were told we could buy a space? Now, the SOA BOD might recall the exact date? I just see too many I knew well on that list, plus men who deserve it when they die.
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 17:36   #7
18DWife
Guerrilla

<3 Thanks for sharing that link <3
18DWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 18:05   #8
Green Light
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka316 View Post
Thank you Zoolander! I knew about the SOCOM Memorial Wall, but never saw Chris' plate before. I will be visiting in person in September when I go talk at the Special Operations Warrior Foundation banquet, but it is good to see this, particularly this week.

I miss you, my son - more everyday. I will see you soon.

molon labe
I wish we could all be there with you. Your son is a brother, that makes you family. We bear each other's burdens. But there are some burdens that are so heavy that even though we'll bear it with you, we still feel that awful weight.

Your son's sacrifice will never be forgotten. It is an honor to share this regiment and brotherhood with him and all those who have fallen.

"If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference does it make to me?"
TJ
Green Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 18:11   #9
zoolander6
Quiet Professional

when i visited the wall, i met the guy whos job it is to post the slabs up. There are different catagories around the memorial within the SOF community and the day i went he was mounting a slab whos date happened to be from years ago. So im sure the community is aware of people that deserve to be on the wall as well, it just may be a lengthy process.