Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18B

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2011, 01:27   #1
geardo211
Asset

Question B-10 Recoiless Rifle

Gentlemen,

My unit is leaving for OEF in a few weeks, and reports we have received about our area indicate new TTP's involving old Soviet B-10 recoiless rifles. My Commander saw the phrase indirect-fire in the report and automatically tasked me with finding out as much as I can about the system, and briefing the rest of the Company on it. Between Jane's and Opfor equipment guides, I've already been able to knock out all the technical data on the system and ammunition. I don't know much about how its being used though, except what I've been able to piece together from my guys that have already deployed there. I deal with mortars, so I'm not very impressed with it's indirect capabilities as a threat. The HEAT rounds however, do seem to pose a problem for the MRAP-type vehicles we'll be falling in on. I'm asking if anyone has had any experience with these systems, either on the sending or receiving end, that would not violate OPSEC, that they could share. Any advice that could be posted or PM'd to me would be much appreciated.